Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Home Shirt

rool

Jul 10, 2003
By 'doesn't fit' what do you mean? Is it too big or too small?

My guess is too small as football shirts don't seem to compare with normal shop sizes. I would buy a large in shirts and T-Shirts but have to get an XXL in a football shirt. Not sure why that is, maybe due to modesty sizing these days.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My guess is too small as football shirts don't seem to compare with normal shop sizes. I would buy a large in shirts and T-Shirts but have to get an XXL in a football shirt. Not sure why that is, maybe due to modesty sizing these days.
You'd have thought that with the population getting gradually fatter, sizes would be getting more generous. But I've definitely found that if anything the opposite is happening.

I ordered a jacket from the US recently and after checking the size guide went for a large. It was only after I had a quick nosey at the comments that I realised I'd screwed up as some bloke was saying that the large fit him perfectly and he was a slim built 5' 6 !

I switched it to XL and it fits great but I've never had to order anything in XL before (and no I'm not getting (that much) fatter).

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006

Yes too small. I'm normally a large but the shirt comes up quite small, more of a standard sized medium.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The club have long had the policy that In the event of a shirt being customised a refund would only be given if the item was faulty. It certainly isn’t a modern Barber era policy. It was in place for shirts purchases in the Withdean days as I remember ordering a McShane one and the warning being online then. I’m not sure what trading standards would say as the policy is clearly stated in the website at time of purchase.

Which is completely justifiable if the shirt has had a players name/number printed on it, or a fans own name or whatever.

But to refuse a refund because of the generic Premier League badges have been added to the arms is jobsworthery of the highest order. OK, one of the arms on the actual team shirts would have the JD Sports logo on as opposed to another PL badge. But come on....a little common sense here. That shirt would not stay on the hanger for that reason, and certainly wouldn't be on the hanger for long at all, being as these shirts have been rarer than rocking horse shit since August.

Very poor from the club shop. I hope they put it right, but if they dig their heels in over this then fair play to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for sorting it out on their behalf.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I can't see common sense prevailing here given the response you've had already.

If you don't get any joy, NSC will buy it off you and I'll do a free draw on here to give it to someone else. Let me know.

Pick me! Pick me!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Which is completely justifiable if the shirt has had a players name/number printed on it, or a fans own name or whatever.

But to refuse a refund because of the generic Premier League badges have been added to the arms is jobsworthery of the highest order. OK, one of the arms on the actual team shirts would have the JD Sports logo on as opposed to another PL badge. But come on....a little common sense here. That shirt would not stay on the hanger for that reason, and certainly wouldn't be on the hanger for long at all, being as these shirts have been rarer than rocking horse shit since August.

Very poor from the club shop. I hope they put it right, but if they dig their heels in over this then fair play to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for sorting it out on their behalf.

I'm not saying its right and I agree that the arm badges do seem like overkill, but the policy has been in place many many seasons and is clearly stated on the website when ordering. The OP won't the first person to be hit by it, and more than likely won't be the last. I cannot see the club relenting on this unfortunately.

Like i said in my post the OP would have had more luck being dishonest and damaging the shirt and claiming it arrived like that.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I'm not saying its right and I agree that the arm badges do seem like overkill, but the policy has been in place many many seasons and is clearly stated on the website when ordering. The OP won't the first person to be hit by it, and more than likely won't be the last. I cannot see the club relenting on this unfortunately.

Like i said in my post the OP would have had more luck being dishonest and damaging the shirt and claiming it arrived like that.

Fair enough - but you actually pay more to put the badges on the shirt than the generic product. Adds insult to injury really.

I got hit by this last year when I had a Murray 17 shirt printed because they had none in the club shop. The size was too small even though it was a large ( theme here?). The club refused point blank to take the shirt back even though it was identical to a pre printed shirt. Why? Because agreeing to self print is the same as customising.

Rubbish from the club imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If the club had their heads screwed on they'd sell pre-printed shirts like every other big club. Markup is huge and the lack of a looooong wait would tempt people into spending more.

AND you could take returns.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
A quick update....

After getting in contact with Paul Barber the club have agreed to refund or exchange the shirt. Guess it was just the jobsworth in the shop then!!!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I can't see common sense prevailing here given the response you've had already.

If you don't get any joy, NSC will buy it off you and I'll do a free draw on here to give it to someone else. Let me know.

Exactly the right response, well done Bozza. Actually annoys me a bit how the club can be a bit draconian at times. The guy isn't even asking for a refund, which most people would think he should be entitled too (regardless of the patches) if the exact same tops are being sold (with patches) in the shop. #together?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here