Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Home Shirt

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Hi All,

I ordered the home shirt online and yesterday picked it up from the club shop. Unfortunately it doesn't fit and I have now found out that the club shop cannot refund or exchange the shirt, leaving me with the only option to re-buy and sell this one.

The size is Large and I paid £53 but would be happy to take any offers, I don't fancy paying £106 for a shirt!!. It still has all the tags on, is in the bag it was packaged in and I have all the receipts to show it's genuine.

I'm in Peacehaven so would happily deliver or post free of charge.

Cheers!

Brighton 1.jpg
Brighton 2.jpg
Brighton 3.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting.

I thought they only refused a swap if you'd had lettering put on it.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
of course they can, they wont exactly struggle to sell it on will they
I wouldnt accept that answer - take it in the shop and cause a scene if you need to

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hi All,

I ordered the home shirt online and yesterday picked it up from the club shop. Unfortunately it doesn't fit and I have now found out that the club shop cannot refund or exchange the shirt, leaving me with the only option to re-buy and sell this one.

The size is Large and I paid £53 but would be happy to take any offers, I don't fancy paying £106 for a shirt!!. It still has all the tags on, is in the bag it was packaged in and I have all the receipts to show it's genuine.

I'm in Peacehaven so would happily deliver or post free of charge.

Cheers!

View attachment 91602
View attachment 91603
View attachment 91604

Glad you put some pictures up, that should help people who were unsure what it looks it.

:wink:

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Apparently because the sleeve badgers are 'customer choice' they cannot exchange because it has been 'personalized'. Was in the club shop again this morning and they just point blank refused.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
If you order something online you have more rights than just buying it in store. You have 14 days to return as you have bought something 'unseen'. Of course if you have a name/number on back, that probably will invalidate it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Apparently because the sleeve badgers are 'customer choice' they cannot exchange because it has been 'personalized'. Was in the club shop again this morning and they just point blank refused.

Insane isn't it.

I get that they want to stop people asking for a refund when their beloved player leaves a week after they got their shirt printed. But PL patches? Just stick it on the shelf FFS, it will likely be sold faster because there's no need to wait!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

That's bonkers. Its IMPROVED the shirt. They would have absolutely no problem re-selling it.

I'd go back and ask to speak to the store manager. If you still don't get any joy, then its PB time. I'd love to see his essay reply on why their hands are tied on giving a refund for it.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Is it too small OP? I also got a large and it was more like a medium, I'm not a fat ******* either before anyone suggests I am.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If you order something online you have more rights than just buying it in store. You have 14 days to return as you have bought something 'unseen'. Of course if you have a name/number on back, that probably will invalidate it.

That's my thinking. Trading Standards should advise more if you feel like getting in touch.
It's a different BHAFC in many ways from a few years ago and not all for the good.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Exactly my point to the manager in store this morning! What is even more ridiculous is that they had shirts with exactly the same sleeve patches on, on the shelves. But still had proceeded to tell me there is not a chance I am going to get an exchange or refund.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
That's bonkers. Its IMPROVED the shirt. They would have absolutely no problem re-selling it.

I'd go back and ask to speak to the store manager. If you still don't get any joy, then its PB time. I'd love to see his essay reply on why their hands are tied on giving a refund for it.

Spoke to the manager this morning... Still no chance just said they cannot offer refund or exchange. Any ideas how to get PB details? :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That's my thinking. Trading Standards should advise more if you feel like getting in touch.
It's a different BHAFC in many ways from a few years ago and not all for the good.

The club have long had the policy that In the event of a shirt being customised a refund would only be given if the item was faulty. It certainly isn’t a modern Barber era policy. It was in place for shirts purchases in the Withdean days as I remember ordering a McShane one and the warning being online then. I’m not sure what trading standards would say as the policy is clearly stated in the website at time of purchase.

What the OP should have done is picked out a bit of stitching under one of the arms and complained about the shoddy goods Nike are supplying from their Chinese sweatshops.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Can't really tell from your photos - are you sure it wasn't one of these?

images.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't see common sense prevailing here given the response you've had already.

If you don't get any joy, NSC will buy it off you and I'll do a free draw on here to give it to someone else. Let me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here