Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zaha

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I’m sure you’re right, it’s almost like a striker leading you to promotion out of league 1 and then signing for your rivals......... oh

Seriously though, think he’ll leave you in January then you’ll be down. Thought the rest didn’t have the heart or ability Tuesday, which surprised me because on paper......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Zaha left in January we probably would get relegated; but the chances of us selling him are pretty much zero. Premier League survival is worth an awful lot more than any fee we'd recieve. The top 6 clubs are the only ones that could afford his £40m-£50m price tag and although Pochettino is reportedly a big fan, I don't think the board at Spurs would sanction spending that amount of money.

I think the game being on a Tuesday night didn't help. Both teams had put in a massive shift on Saturday and the signs of fatigue were clear to see.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Zaha left in January we probably would get relegated; but the chances of us selling him are pretty much zero. Premier League survival is worth an awful lot more than any fee we'd recieve. The top 6 clubs are the only ones that could afford his £40m-£50m price tag and although Pochettino is reportedly a big fan, I don't think the board at Spurs would sanction spending that amount of money.

I think the game being on a Tuesday night didn't help. Both teams had put in a massive shift on Saturday and the signs of fatigue were clear to see.

TBH I thought we both played like relegation candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Don't know if this has been answered yet apologies if so, Bruno missed both semi final legs due to injury, think Cauldi played there?

Correct. That game was the final, dreadful realisation that Calderon was a bit shit. When wilf was up against Bridge in the St. Patrick's day massacre playing down the left Holloway clearly thought better of that. Wilf played right wing in the playoff game (second half) and I started bricking it....with good reason as he proceeded to own Calde a bag a brace.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Correct. That game was the final, dreadful realisation that Calderon was a bit shit. When wilf was up against Bridge in the St. Patrick's day massacre playing down the left Holloway clearly thought better of that. Wilf played right wing in the playoff game (second half) and I started bricking it....with good reason as he proceeded to own Calde a bag a brace.

It was Bridge that lost Zaha for the first goal in the playoff second leg; Bolasie was up against Calderon.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As an individual thought he was biggest handful we have faced. He sometimes took wrong option but was in game all the time. Appreciate is a diver but on a bad day Propper Bruno as well as Dunk could have been booked.trying to stop him. Also the push by Dunk in box. I know didnt get on at Man Utd but as Palace rely on him so much hope one of big clubs come in for him

Agreed, thought he was a real threat on the break. He also generally stayed on his feet. I did enjoy him being taken out by Izquierdo then having the free kick given against him but he is a class player. Quite why he wants to play in such a poor team is beyond me.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's far too good for both of those teams; as you know. Zaha will be playing Champions League football in 12 months time.

There's zero chance of Man City, Chelsea or United wanting him, which leaves Spurs (possible I guess) or Arsenal (also possible because they're not as good as the others).

I thought he had a poor game by his standards the other night. Spent more time going down trying to win free kicks (wow: who saw that coming?) and bleating to the referee. He didn't face a single nasty challenge all night, no matter what you lot think. I know this, because I was really very much hoping somebody would absolutely CLATTER him (fairly, of course), and was somewhat disappointed that nobody did. He was, face it, just far too lightweight against stronger players. Either that or he was cheating. It's a close call.

I won't lie: he was the Palace player we all feared before the match, because he's mainly been your only threat all season. That threat didn't materialise on the night, because he made the wrong decision every single time he got the ball in a dangerous position. And that's why he plays for Crystal Palace, not Manchester United.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ok, this is controversial, but ..... I'd love to sign him when they go down.

He does let it get to him when he's being marked out of the game, he can resort to just trying to win free kicks and moaning at refs, but boy has the guy got some talent.

How they wouldn't like that. The ultras would need to change their nappies

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
For me Zaha was the only really dangerous player they had. He just looks as though he can create something out of nothing and it's hard to forget he was the difference in 2013. He also seems a bit of a vulnerable lad when I've seen him interviewed. I think he'll stay at Palace where he appears happy, and I hope he fulfils his undoubted potential, just not against us!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
There's zero chance of Man City, Chelsea or United wanting him, which leaves Spurs (possible I guess) or Arsenal (also possible because they're not as good as the others).

I thought he had a poor game by his standards the other night. Spent more time going down trying to win free kicks (wow: who saw that coming?) and bleating to the referee. He didn't face a single nasty challenge all night, no matter what you lot think. I know this, because I was really very much hoping somebody would absolutely CLATTER him (fairly, of course), and was somewhat disappointed that nobody did. He was, face it, just far too lightweight against stronger players. Either that or he was cheating. It's a close call.

I won't lie: he was the Palace player we all feared before the match, because he's mainly been your only threat all season. That threat didn't materialise on the night, because he made the wrong decision every single time he got the ball in a dangerous position. And that's why he plays for Crystal Palace, not Manchester United.

It's between Spurs and Arsenal for me too. He'd be able to fulfil his ambitions at a far bigger club, with a better coach/manager, while still being able to live near his family and friends in London. Pochettino is reportedly a big fan, but whether they'd stump up the enormous fee that'd be required remains to be seen.

He was definitely quieter than he has been in most of our games in the last year, but he is still carrying a knock from Saturday's game against Stoke. He was wiped out off the ball and needed treatment, and he doesn't seem to have fully recovered yet. It's true that nobody set out to injure him (thankfully) but he could've easily won a penalty for the foul in the first half. I'd also suggest that Izquierdo was fortunate not to see a second yellow after dragging Zaha down, and I was shocked to see the referee give a foul in the other direction!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought Zaha was kept quiet by our lads although a few times he showed his class. I think it's a huge shame that he dives so much unlike another palace winger I once admired, Vince Hilaire.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Can't help feeling that a Zaha or Abraham would have toe poked one or two of those amazing cross goal passes into the net against manure.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
whether they'd stump up the enormous fee that'd be required remains to be seen.
He's proved a failure elsewhere before, why would it be different now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here