Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zaha

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gave it all that before the game. Pretty harmless on the night.
Never a championship player tho, so I hope he gets his move to spurs at the end of the season

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't have a chance at Man U.

Of course he did. Yes, they changed the manager just after he went there, but he started out with exactly the same clean slate as anybody else.

Basically, they thought his attitude stank the place out, and his decision making on the pitch was piss poor, with no end product to all his trickery, so he never forced his way into the team.

That's nobody else's fault but his.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gave it all that before the game. Pretty harmless on the night.
Never a championship player tho, so I hope he gets his move to spurs at the end of the season

I think Pochettino would turn him into the sort of player Palace fans think he is, as opposed to the sort of player everybody else knows he currently is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course he did. Yes, they changed the manager just after he went there, but he started out with exactly the same clean slate as anybody else.

Basically, they thought his attitude stank the place out, and his decision making on the pitch was piss poor, with no end product to all his trickery, so he never forced his way into the team.

Quite. He's a poor man's Clinton Morrison, who was in turn a poor man's Dave Swindlehurst. Shabby, rat-tailed embarrassment of a club.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He does have talent, but when he's running at full backs, at speed, with his dubious sense of balance.

So what does Roy do ? Put him up against two big strong central defenders to try and win the ball. And to say he is a little lightweight for that may be an understatement :lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I thought I'd heard that, allegedly, his decision making off the pitch wasn't too great either (Lauren Moyes anyone?)???

You were saying?

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Always worth bookmarking these threads

Got to love the Granny at the front

Attachments

• ZAHA GOAL.jpg
    ZAHA GOAL.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 598

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only highlight from yesterday was making sure that 1 man clown show will lose their star man, in the summer.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ok here goes.... *deep breath*

Zaha is quality. He's got considerably better in the last 3 years and he's basically saved Palace from relegation. He gives the team a focal point and the fans a buzz every time he gets on the ball. I would have him in our side in a heartbeat ahead of Knockaert or Izquierdo.

I don't hate him at all. I think it's good for the game that he hates us. A bit of spice in the wishy washy Premier League. And I am more than a bit jealous to be honest. But, underneath it all, even if we'd have been beaten 10-0, I know I would always rather support a club like Brighton than a club like Palace. Their pitchside guy "Who's your favourite Chelsea player", the comments about going back to where they came from. The dressing room, the ultras.... all of it.

They seem to take great joy in laughing at us and seem to think that we want what they've got. When in truth, the ONLY thing they've got that I want, is Wilfred Zaha. And what have they got without him?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
They seem to take great joy in laughing at us and seem to think that we want what they've got. When in truth, the ONLY thing they've got that I want, is Wilfred Zaha. And what have they got without him?

That's not quite true though, is it? PvA, Sakho, Tomkins, Wan-Bissaka, Cabaye, Mcarthur, Milivojevic, Townsend, Sako, RLC etc. would all get into your squad and the majority of those would be starting as well.

We've had almost half a decade longer than you in the Premier League and the difference in the quality of our squads is a reflection of that. The team you played against on Saturday isn't a relegation threatened side so there's no shame in losing to it; if we were able to field a starting XI anywhere near that quality most weeks we'd likely be a top half side. Injuries have absolutely cripplied us this year, next season we won't be so unfortunate.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
That's not quite true though, is it?

Loftus-Cheek is good, but not yours.

Propper and Gross are really classy midfield players and I'd have them at Palace in a heartbeat. Ryan is a solid keeper and Dunk is a promising young CB although not yet on the level of Sakho. Izquierdo was absolutely rapid on Saturday and caused some problems as a result; I'd take him as an option from the bench. Agent Murray would be welcome to a starting XI spot at any time :bowdown:

Other than that handful of players though I think we've got significantly more quality throughout.

We'll see whether Ruben fancies making the switch in the summer months. I fear we may find ourselves with an extra 50m+ to spend :nono:

Cant think why he hasn't got Benteke in that list :whistle:

Last season Benteke scored 15 Premier League goals and was superb throughout. This season... the less said the better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's not quite true though, is it? PvA, Sakho, Tomkins, Wan-Bissaka, Cabaye, Mcarthur, Milivojevic, Townsend, Sako, RLC etc. would all get into your squad and the majority of those would be starting as well.

We've had almost half a decade longer than you in the Premier League and the difference in the quality of our squads is a reflection of that. The team you played against on Saturday isn't a relegation threatened side so there's no shame in losing to it; if we were able to field a starting XI anywhere near that quality most weeks we'd likely be a top half side. Injuries have absolutely cripplied us this year, next season we won't be so unfortunate.

Yet with 5 games to go, you are still a point below us as you have been all season. Must be gutting after half a decade head start, hundreds of millions spent and still be on the same level as us. Yes you're probably finish just above us but lets not beat around the bush. You are very average. And as your form suggests with no Zaha you'd be below West Brom. Bang average team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here