[Football] Holmesdale.net

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
"The pub is expecting 3,000 fans when Liverpool visit Brighton on 2 December".

Sorry, they're expecting every single Liverpool fan who is attending the game to go to one pub?

I'd say that is fairly unlikely.

They'll clamber together scarfs aloft for a rousing rendition of that insufferable cack 'YNWA' and think they're proper supporters, briefly.

Love their hand-me-down excuses of 'relating' to a football club 300 miles away whose real fans would have no hesitation mugging them on their way home.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They'll clamber together scarfs aloft for a rousing rendition of that insufferable cack 'YNWA' and think they're proper supporters, briefly.

Love their hand-me-down excuses of 'relating' to a football club 300 miles away whose real fans would have no hesitation mugging them on their way home.

Ah - another professional scouse-hater...........................

Strange.......I managed to live there for several years - loved it. Never got mugged either.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Liverpool will have a larger ticket allocation and it's a greater distance to travel on the off-chance of getting in. Plus they are used to playing at smaller stadiums than ours - Dean Court and Selhurst to name but two.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Palace fans on the main thread seem to be suggesting that there will be hundreds of Liverpool fans down with no tickets on Saturday as " that is what they do" and there will get trouble.

Something about that brighton better be ready?

Not sure we have had fans turn up without tickets at the Amex before the twats last night did?

They are trying to justify the behavior of Palace fans by suggesting others(Liverpool) will do the same.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Each to their own, but I don't get it. Pick a team any team and start to support that, I find it strange.If Brighton did not exist, no other team would interest me. They represent the place I was born, where I grew up and there for me. No other club could do that.
Frankly, that's bollox. If you are a football fan with no team near you, you would find a team to support even slightly more than others. There would be something, like family member or friend that supports such and such and you would support that team. Unless you mean support as in money, then no but you would still be a fan, albeit armchair fan.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ah - another professional scouse-hater...........................

Strange.......I managed to live there for several years - loved it. Never got mugged either.

I had a row with a Scouse taxi driver a couple of hours ago, who wanted to do a u-turn on the pedestrian crossing I was trying to walk across at the time. I would avoid the license number 814.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You're not too bright are you? Where is your evidence of 'real Liverpool fans' mugging people on the way home? Your hatred for Liverpool seems to have addled your brain.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You're not too bright are you? Where is your evidence of 'real Liverpool fans' mugging people on the way home? Your hatred for Liverpool seems to have addled your brain.

Strange opening question and I didn't expect to have to provide evidence for a tongue in cheek comment. Don't concern yourself about it though if you've got a thing for liverpool, I hate most football clubs.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Palace fans on the main thread seem to be suggesting that there will be hundreds of Liverpool fans down with no tickets on Saturday as " that is what they do" and there will get trouble.

Something about that brighton better be ready?

Not sure we have had fans turn up without tickets at the Amex before the twats last night did?

I wouldn't believe anything that lot on there have to say.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Hardly surprising. When Thatcher told the nation "get on your bike and look for work", hundreds of Scousers came to the south to do just that. The problem being that there were few jobs available 'darn sarf' at that time. Many settled here anyway.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

el punal

So if the reverse were true and a few hundred Albion loving Scousers on Merseyside were to do a rendition of Sussex by the sea in one their local pubs would that be insufferable cack too?

You've no idea what links them to Liverpool, it could be family connections or they were brought up there or any number of other reasons. My daughters were born and raised in Southampton but are not Saints fans, instead they are die hard Albion fans. Is that wrong as well? Really, you should not be so disparaging about which fans support which club. It is their choice whatever the reason and not for you or I to sneer at.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So if the reverse were true and a few hundred Albion loving Scousers on Merseyside were to do a rendition of Sussex by the sea in one their local pubs would that be insufferable cack too?

You've no idea what links them to Liverpool, it could be family connections or they were brought up there or any number of other reasons. My daughters were born and raised in Southampton but are not Saints fans, instead they are die hard Albion fans. Is that wrong as well? Really, you should not be so disparaging about which fans support which club. It is their choice whatever the reason and not for you or I to sneer at.

Seriously? You know that is bollocks, come on.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It's insufferable cack because it is an insufferably cack song. Yea, and i'm sure there are just tonnes of liverpudlian born albion fans out there taking over pubs belting out our anthem to offset this argument. Seriously, come on now.

el punal

It's insufferable cack because it is an insufferably cack song. Yea, and i'm sure there are just tonnes of liverpudlian born albion fans out there taking over pubs belting out our anthem to offset this argument. Seriously, come on now.

As in response to another post I was talking unmitigated bollocks! Mind you, I would love to hear Sussex by the sea sung in a Scouse accent . . . maybe not la! :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here