Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holmesdale.net

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Frankly, that's bollox. If you are a football fan with no team near you, you would find a team to support even slightly more than others. There would be something, like family member or friend that supports such and such and you would support that team. Unless you mean support as in money, then no but you would still be a fan, albeit armchair fan.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

How can the way I feel about football be bollox, that does not make sense as you don’t know me so can’t possibly know how I feel about things. I didn’t have a go at anyone for doing it I think I said “each to their own” I do agree that you can have a feeling for a club if you do not have a local team and follow the one you feel something for, but excluding the guy who was from Liverpool, the other have a southern accent, they can’t say they don’t have a local club to follow. I don’t understand it, that is all. I also don’t understand how people can like mustard, that is also true and not bollox.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're not too bright are you? Where is your evidence of 'real Liverpool fans' mugging people on the way home? Your hatred for Liverpool seems to have addled your brain.
My view entirely. I expressed it less aggressively, but I do agree with you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hardly surprising. When Thatcher told the nation "get on your bike and look for work", hundreds of Scousers came to the south to do just that. The problem being that there were few jobs available 'darn sarf' at that time. Many settled here anyway.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Ill-informed comment there. Thatcher never told the nation to 'get on their bike and look for work'. Many other vile things that vile woman did and said, but that wasn't one of them.

On the other hand, if you were to attribute the quote to Norman ******** Tebbitt................

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
YNWA is insufferable cack.

Any Albion fan caught holding thier scarf and joining in (plenty of those in the Lewis Dunk OG game) should have all loyalty points taken away and sent to live in Manchester. Harsh I know but I will never get the love for that song by other fans of other teams.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Ill-informed comment there. Thatcher never told the nation to 'get on their bike and look for work'. Many other vile things that vile woman did and said, but that wasn't one of them.

On the other hand, if you were to attribute the quote to Norman ******** Tebbitt................
I stand corrected. As the years pass the memory fades. I do remember huge numbers of Scousers coming to Eastbourne.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The silly billys don't realise, we've already played Liverpool at the Amex (without any trouble).

They're still blame shifting, thinking it was 'inadequate stewarding' without realising it was their own stewards in the away end.
....and Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham, Leeds.... all with big followings.... no issues in general.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Any Albion fan caught holding thier scarf and joining in (plenty of those in the Lewis Dunk OG game) should have all loyalty points taken away and sent to live in Manchester. Harsh I know but I will never get the love for that song by other fans of other teams.
Almost every team used to sing it... even up to mid 80s... it was sung with gusto hone and away at Albion games during that time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Almost every team used to sing it... even up to mid 80s... it was sung with gusto hone and away at Albion games during that time.

Indeed we did. Joined in in the North Stand (with my scarf held high) many times in the 1970s. As you say every club used to sing it, in fact some Celtic fans (not a particularly bright lot admittedly), think they started it and Liverpool copied them!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Some stupid women in front of me told me to be quiet when they sung so she could respect, RESPECT, their tradition. Didn't take too kindly to the explanation I lectured her on. stupid bint.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Especially if it's a feckin half & half :censored:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Indeed we did. Joined in in the North Stand (with my scarf held high) many times in the 1970s. As you say every club used to sing it, in fact some Celtic fans (not a particularly bright lot admittedly), think they started it and Liverpool copied them!

And some football fans (not a particularly bright lot admittedly) think that the song originated in 1963 with Liverpool band Gerry & The Pacemakers (hence it's popularity there) not knowing that it's in fact a Rogers and Hammerstein song from the 1945 box-office smash "Carousel". Just saying.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And some football fans (not a particularly bright lot admittedly) think that the song originated in 1963 with Liverpool band Gerry & The Pacemakers (hence it's popularity there) not knowing that it's in fact a Rogers and Hammerstein song from the 1945 box-office smash "Carousel". Just saying.
Hmm, maybe some, but I remember when it was released everybody (or very nearly everybody anyway) knew it was by Rodgers and Hammerstein, or at least 'that song from Carousel'. I don't remember any attempt to pass it off as an original?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here