Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leo Baptistão

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not with that price tag I'm afraid.

Can you please help me out and name a (some) strikers who are worthy of a 27m price tag?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One-third of Lukaku ?

Exactly my point, or one tenth of Neymar.

I do hope as a collective we've moved on from 'he too expensive', that includes you Mr Paul, Bubble Hyper-Inflation Cheaper at the end Barber.
They are ALL too expensive, we are a Premier League club, with a Premier League income, cheap strikers just don't exist.
The club were going to spend one-third of Baptistão on a young lad from the Swiss second division.

Arrrggghhhh - see see I just can't stop myself. :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I do hope as a collective we've moved on from 'he too expensive', that includes you Mr Paul, Bubble Hyper-Inflation Cheaper at the end Barber.
They are ALL too expensive, we are a Premier League club, with a Premier League income, cheap strikers just don't exist.
The club were going to spend one-third of Baptistão on a young lad from the Swiss second division.

Indeed. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see us splash that kind of cash now. TB will be more confident now than at the start of the season that we can stay up, meaning the income flow for next season looks more likely to be secured. As long as the wages of such a player don’t bust the structure we have, TB and PB will know that we may need to spend that kind of money to get the right target man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see us splash that kind of cash now. TB will be more confident now than at the start of the season that we can stay up, meaning the income flow for next season looks more likely to be secured. As long as the wages of such a player don’t bust the structure we have, TB and PB will know that we may need to spend that kind of money to get the right target man.

and he will be too expensive.

He may not even be the 'finished article'.
We may even be able to start a get rid thread 10 minutes into his Albion career about how 'short or lazy or (hopefully) reckless or Barnes would have scored that' he is.

But that's just the nature of the beast we are playing with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pick a striker, match him with certain perceived budgets, print as fact.
"Nice to meet you, what do you do?"
"I look at the football transfer market, choose a striker, and then pick one or more clubs that could in theory be interested in him, and then write a story saying they're competing for his signature"

Crazy but true.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's Sportsmole so it's probably not true. It's clickbait time.

Pick a striker, match him with certain perceived budgets, print as fact.

The article does actually have a link to Italian media as it relates to Roma's interest. No idea if that is any more trustworthy than Sports Whisper though.

https://www.calciomercato.it/news/2...esclusivo_monchi_guarda_in_liga_per_l_attacco

In trawling for something I found another article linking us with Mattia Destro:-
https://the4thofficial.net/2017/11/...ard-also-targeted-brighton-risk-worth-taking/

I couldn't help but wonder if the 'targeted by Brighton' is down to NSC, after I found out, in the Summer, this was his fiancee :lol:

Ludovica-Caramis-Mattia-Destro-WAG-10.jpg
(google image is your friend)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The transfer market reminds me of a fine art auction, there are masterpieces and a few fakes and the Chinese billionaires have started snapping up all the old masters.

That's why we should keep sniffing around the European flea markets for bargains.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Nice to meet you, what do you do?"
"I look at the football transfer market, choose a striker, and then pick one or more clubs that could in theory be interested in him, and then write a story saying they're competing for his signature"

Crazy but true.

These rumours do serve a purpose though.

Assuming the Albion sing a striker in January, we only know 1 fact about him.
That being NOBODY will have heard of him.

Therefore as NSC collates, and dare I say on the whole loves, all of this nonsense, by a process off elimination we'll end up working out who the actual striker will be. :dunce:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That reminds me.

Will the striker market be "over-heated" again this January ? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There was actually talk that we'd had a bid for a striker accepted recently.

No idea who, and until it is signed and the medical passed then he won't be holding up the shirt.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
There was actually talk that we'd had a bid for a striker accepted recently.

No idea who, and until it is signed and the medical passed then he won't be holding up the shirt.

Doesn't seem very likely a full month before the window opens?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here