Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leo Baptistão

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Doesn't seem very likely a full month before the window opens?

It does happen. Brentford have announced a deal is in place to sign Emiliano Marcondes when the window opens. Looks to be a really good prospect too. 14 goals and 7 assists in 17 appearances so far this season for FC Nordsjaelland in the Danish Superligaen. Won't be too long before he wins his first Danish cap.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It does happen. Brentford have announced a deal is in place to sign Emiliano Marcondes when the window opens. Looks to be a really good prospect too. 14 goals and 7 assists in 17 appearances so far this season for FC Nordsjaelland in the Danish Superligaen. Won't be too long before he wins his first Danish cap.
Fair point, but the £10m plus bracket we are looking at I feel it lessens the chances.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Unique circumstance though as Matthew Benham owns both clubs.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I don't know?
Didn't we sing Pascal early, before the window opened?
Also true. Let's hope the rumour is true and we can get someone in at the very beginning of the window.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people there's a new defensive rumour doing the rounds.
I'm NOT doing all the heavy lifting throughout this transfer window.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Come on people there's a new defensive rumour doing the rounds.

People find it harder to get excited about defensive signings. Especially when that player might be a bright young player from League 2. We had a scout at the Coventry vs Stevenage game last week. Apparently Terrence Vancooten is a very, bright and talented young prospect at Stevenage, who played against us in the EFL cup and who we may or may not have been watching.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope, Scandinavian experience.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The 27m is not the price it’s the release clause, if the club is willing to sell, a deal would be agreed between 2 clubs on the fee. As it’s been noted, lots of lazy clickbait rumors around and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of substance to this. My feeling is the likelihood is that we will go back to one of our pre-season targets in a stronger position due to our healthy start.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FYI played the full 90 minutes tonight in a 0-1 loss.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The 27m is not the price it’s the release clause, if the club is willing to sell, a deal would be agreed between 2 clubs on the fee. As it’s been noted, lots of lazy clickbait rumors around and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of substance to this. My feeling is the likelihood is that we will go back to one of our pre-season targets in a stronger position due to our healthy start.

Isn't it the same thing? I thought that it was merely a way of saying that you won't be sold unless someone offers that amount or the player and his agents pay that to the club to cancel the contract.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is only on the bench for Espanyol tonight, in the Copa del Rey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here