Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Footage Of Vermin Breaking Into The Amex...

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Slightly off-topic, but not much. There were a large number of Kent Police involved on Tuesday, judging by the number of vans parked in the road. I would have expected Sussex Police and the Met?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All this talk of turnstiles and yet from the footage it looks like a fire exit has been opened. What have the turnstiles got to do with that?

There is footage of a smoke flare being thrown at the turnstiles as a distraction for when the fire exit was opened, so two points of entry.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Slightly off-topic, but not much. There were a large number of Kent Police involved on Tuesday, judging by the number of vans parked in the road. I would have expected Sussex Police and the Met?

Kent Surrey & Sussex are interchangeable now, even though they're still separate forces.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps we should electrify them on the offchance that somebody doesnt try and hurdle them. Would be quicker, cheaper and actvas a deterrent so that offenders dont try again.

The only time i can recall trying to force a door was when trapped between the back of the arthur waite and the wall with police pushing us back.

Maybe next season we should try a 10ft steel wall. I believe your police have a spare one?

Given the pushing that took place on tuesday, a height turnstile could have made the situation a lot worse. You only have to read what fans of clubs like newcastle, Burnley, leeds even, west ham etc are saying about what they saw in video from Tuesday on away fans forums etc. They all talk about how positive their experiences of the amex are and how they fear your fans' actions will change that.
If High turnstiles are a safety issue then how do more than double get in and out of Old Trafford safely? Not to mention numerous other stadia most of which is relatively modern. Reading for example? Fact is we should put in for away fans only and learn from the event. Or we could choose to not do so and risk happening again in future. Not even the brainless would try to get in knowing it’s one at a time using a scanned ticket. No way Tuesday would happened at the aforementioned grounds and many others. Impossible. Just as it would have been at the Goldstone. How I miss that clunk clunk rattle :) It was a real Saturday afternoon is here moment!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Whilst the HF were at fault, and I have criticised them elsewhere,I hope the Sussex constabulary investigate their own plans for the game.
Treating everyone as a potential hooligan is not a good way of policing a football match, never mind a fiery local derby.
Reports of on the ground coppers admitting they didn't know what was happening, and blaming those upstairs.
The reports of knives and knuckledusters helps their cause, but the policing was a shambles.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Whilst the HF were at fault, and I have criticised them elsewhere,I hope the Sussex constabulary investigate their own plans for the game.
Treating everyone as a potential hooligan is not a good way of policing a football match, never mind a fiery local derby.
Reports of on the ground coppers admitting they didn't know what was happening, and blaming those upstairs.
The reports of knives and knuckledusters helps their cause, but the policing was a shambles.

I know what you are saying, but this happens at Selhurst for BHAFC too. The Clubs know that whilst the large % of their fans would embrace that approach in the spirit with whoch it is given, the % that would embrace it as an opportunity for mayhem demands that it just can't be practical. Just about every other fixture at the Amex is like that, boadly trouble-free from what know/see. I assume the same at most games at your place too..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If High turnstiles are a safety issue then how do more than double get in and out of Old Trafford safely? Not to mention numerous other stadia most of which is relatively modern. Reading for example? Fact is we should put in for away fans only and learn from the event. Or we could choose to not do so and risk happening again in future.

Or we could chose not to lower ourselves to the level of South London sewer rats. Seems to me the main lesson to be learnt from Tuesday is to have adequate security in and around the the entrance to the away end, a suitable mix of police and stewards. And speaking of stewards, what gives with importing busloads of disinterested stewards from the visiting club? No way should the sewer rats have been allowed to take the piss by setting off smoke bombs from exactly the same place in the away end for most of the match without any kind of steward intervention. Didn't we used to have proactive Response Stewards? Whatever happened to those? And I can think of at least one Withdean-era steward who would have been absolutely salivating at the prospect of being able to respond to the little scrotes on Tuesday night in the only way they'd understand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds like some Palace fans must regularly really have problems demonstrating between 'right' and 'wrong'

Just because you can run someone over in your car, doesn't mean you need to do it. Etc etc..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

HF are more than just at fault they are responsible ..We've had the likes of Millwall Leeds etc..perhaps a bit of bother ..but at least they stick together and are more interested in the football ..can’t say I saw much of that on Tuesday
I have a modicum of sympathy for those turning up with a ticket and not being able to get in etc...but your chap Parish seems to be encouraging this lot ..what has he said post Tuesday? *u** all from what I can see

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Or we could chose not to lower ourselves to the level of South London sewer rats. Seems to me the main lesson to be learnt from Tuesday is to have adequate security in and around the the entrance to the away end, a suitable mix of police and stewards. And speaking of stewards, what gives with importing busloads of disinterested stewards from the visiting club? No way should the sewer rats have been allowed to take the piss by setting off smoke bombs from exactly the same place in the away end for most of the match without any kind of steward intervention. Didn't we used to have proactive Response Stewards? Whatever happened to those? And I can think of at least one Withdean-era steward who would have been absolutely salivating at the prospect of being able to respond to the little scrotes on Tuesday night in the only way they'd understand.
Im in agreement, it’s sad but it would prevent again and can’t imagine many away fans being upset because it’s the norm, we’re the exception. But yes the club and authorities have a lot more than they’re willing to answer for. Major failures on their part, Rentokill probably been more effective dealing with the ‘rats’ as you call them! :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

The scum training ground is in Bromley and they have a big catchment area there which is in Kent

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
019.jpg No trouble in or around the Stadium then. Spot the difference. At the time I thought this was a bit of overkill, appears not.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
View attachment 91633 No trouble in or around the Stadium then. Spot the difference. At the time I thought this was a bit of overkill, appears not.

It is overkill when none of those people make a blind bit of difference as we now know. Honestly, a row of card cutouts have more of an effect. At least they’d get in the way. There is absolutely no point employing any of these people other than to tick a box including the Police. To think our ticket prices could be lowered if we used cheaper, recyclable cardboard cutouts is surely up for discussion at the next fans forum? The case for is now overwhelming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here