Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Footage Of Vermin Breaking Into The Amex...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The police and security would have been working in tandem and co-ordinated their plans. There were police and stewards inside the ground. Fans from outside where there were also police (and stewards) monitoring them got into the ground. Of course the sniffer dogs would have been useless when someone breaks in through a fire door. Breaking in en masse with weapons and fireworks bypasses all the security in place and is therefore a failure in the planning and risk assessment.

I’m going to step aside and leave the experts to debate away.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I’m going to step aside and leave the experts to debate away.

No need for sarcasm matey. What part of what I have written is me jumping to conclusions or making out I've expert knowledge in this? It's things that every single football fan who has been to a high profile away game has experienced personally.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The thing that pisses me off the most is the people who forced their way in to the ground haven't just ruined it for the Palace fans who couldn't get in, they've probably ruined it for any Brighton or Palace fan who plans on going to the return fixture, as well as any games in future seasons.

Sussex/MET police obviously want our matches to be as easy to police as possible, the reduced allocation proves this (in my opinion). They don't know how to deal with Brighton v Palace so they reduce the amount of away tickets to try and make their jobs easier. Tuesday blowing up in the way it did justifies their decision to treat both sets of fans like thugs.

I really would not be surprised if the return fixture was a bubble match. Buy a ticket and get a letter through saying your coach is leaving Falmer at 12:30, you will receive your ticket once the coach has left. If you miss it then you can't go. Police search and I.D checks before you can get on the coach. No drinking. No singing. Coach pulls up 30 yards from the away where you're frog marched in. Kept behind for an hour after the game and then marched back on your coach back to Falmer. Live in London? Tough Shit.

I'd say that it's a very real possibility and I for one wouldn't go if it was to happen.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Living and working in an area made up mostly of Palace fans I've heard a few accounts of events. Mostly complaints of over zealous policing both before and after the game. A few didn't know what had happened and when they found out were supportive of the police action just frustrated at being kettled.
One reaction was truly amazing in total denial that Palace had rushed the gates and said that their was no proof that it wasn't Brighton fans breaking into the away end, I just didn't know what to say, unbelievable.
In general most have said they would think twice about going away to Brighton as it just isn't worth the aggravation. Similar to many Albion fans for the Selhurst game. I'm sure I will hear more in my local pub on Friday night where I reckon the policing will be blamed, personally from footage I've seen I think the police did as good job and made the correct decisions under difficult circumstances.

Yes the door rush was out of order, Even if it was reportedly opened by a steward due to overcrowding. Lots of unanswered questions.

Any Palace(without tickets) caught on camera breaking into the ground or setting off smoke bombs should be banned by the club, Simple as.

Still waiting to be informed where it's being reported a steward opened the door.

Yoda

English & European
One reaction was truly amazing in total denial that Palace had rushed the gates and said that their was no proof that it wasn't Brighton fans breaking into the away end
Is this them?
17zjin.jpg

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Sadly I couldn’t make the game due to a staff meeting but to be honest I’m glad I didn’t now. Sounds like a small section of utter morons have behaved absolutely abysmally. Hopefully you lot realise that the wider fan base is appalled at those idiots behaviour. That includes the bellends who vandalised soneone’s business to the inconsiderate idiots who surged the gate, leading to one of our own stewards having to be stretchered to A&E with cracked ribs. Whilst it sounds like the policing could have been better, it’s no excuse for what happened and that the club and police took the right decision in stopping more coming in from a safety stance. I know that a lot of people are shopping those who they recognise from the videos. A rivalry is a great thing. Sad that a bunch of moron, coke Head imbeciles have spoiled things for the decent fans on both sides.

Yoda

English & European
By the way, this crazy idea that the albion were wrong not to let the fans in with tickets.

No. Since Hilsborough, no one will overfill a stand. It was at capacity, the size of the sterile area agreed in advance by safety officers and the police.

The sad truth is - the Ultlets who broke in stole the ticketted fans seats.

Maybe one thing Parish & Palace should look at doing then is fining the "Ultras block" to compensate the refunds of those that missed out.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Still waiting to be informed where it's being reported a steward opened the door.

I heard that one of the HF started banging on the gate and that when a steward opened it to find out what was going on it was surged (twice). I’m hugely embarrassed by those idiots. They don’t represent me or the wider fan base. We’re hoping for lifetime bans.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I heard that one of the HF started banging on the gate and that when a steward opened it to find out what was going on it was surged (twice). I’m hugely embarrassed by those idiots. They don’t represent me or the wider fan base. We’re hoping for lifetime bans.

The fact that these black clad children turn up at your away games and are seemingly able to 'force' those with front row seats to move amazes me, and Tuesday night wasn't apparently the first time this has happened. I'm surprised you don't get more infighting at your away games with these idiots thinking they're uber fans and can act as they want to without consequence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suspect that Palace were marched on a long route to the station because there wasn't an available train for them to get straight on.

Perhaps that was the one which was de-loaded because 'it wasnt stopping at Falmer'.

By which time there was a massive queue, so finding the best "window" for them to be marched through the station was tricky.

They'll have needed to clear the platform, but the Southern trains weren't there to clear the fans already on the platform.

There needed to be more coordination, a special train set aside, and a route to it without a crowded platform.

BTP probably didn't want them in Brighton station until the rush hour crowds had died down.

The biggest mistake about this game, imo, was playing it on a weekday evening. It should have been a Sunday lunchtime kick off, like the St Patrick's day game.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
The fact that these black clad children turn up at your away games and are seemingly able to 'force' those with front row seats to move amazes me, and Tuesday night wasn't apparently the first time this has happened. I'm surprised you don't get more infighting at your away games with these idiots thinking they're uber fans and can act as they want to without consequence.

From what I know, the HF don’t bother going to most away games. Hence why they didn’t have the loyalty points to get a ticket in the first place. A few of the old guard (the people who started the HF back in 2005) are absolutely livid. They left Block B when it started getting taken over by spotty prats who had seen Green Street once and thought that was what it was about. Sadly it was originally a decent bunch who wanted to make noise and support the team. What it is now is becoming vile. The first sign of that a couple of years ago was when those morons ‘rushed’ the training ground on transfer deadline day terrifying the Sky Sports team. There has been other things since but nothing like Tuesday night.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The thing that pisses me off the most is the people who forced their way in to the ground haven't just ruined it for the Palace fans who couldn't get in, they've probably ruined it for any Brighton or Palace fan who plans on going to the return fixture, as well as any games in future seasons.

Sussex/MET police obviously want our matches to be as easy to police as possible, the reduced allocation proves this (in my opinion). They don't know how to deal with Brighton v Palace so they reduce the amount of away tickets to try and make their jobs easier. Tuesday blowing up in the way it did justifies their decision to treat both sets of fans like thugs.

I really would not be surprised if the return fixture was a bubble match. Buy a ticket and get a letter through saying your coach is leaving Falmer at 12:30, you will receive your ticket once the coach has left. If you miss it then you can't go. Police search and I.D checks before you can get on the coach. No drinking. No singing. Coach pulls up 30 yards from the away where you're frog marched in. Kept behind for an hour after the game and then marched back on your coach back to Falmer. Live in London? Tough Shit.

I'd say that it's a very real possibility and I for one wouldn't go if it was to happen.

Hope not. That would rule me out as well as it it would be ridiculous to travel from Norfolk to Brighton to Croydon to Brighton to Norfolk, all in one day. Not worth the hassle. In the 1980s the authorities made football such an unpleasant experience that many normal fans just stopped going. We shouldn’t return to those days.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Palace Steward? - or where they only in the stand itself?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
One of yours I think? Not sure ours would be positioned by an exit gate? Not sure.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
From what I know, the HF don’t bother going to most away games. Hence why they didn’t have the loyalty points to get a ticket in the first place. A few of the old guard (the people who started the HF back in 2005) are absolutely livid. They left Block B when it started getting taken over by spotty prats who had seen Green Street once and thought that was what it was about. Sadly it was originally a decent bunch who wanted to make noise and support the team. What it is now is becoming vile. The first sign of that a couple of years ago was when those morons ‘rushed’ the training ground on transfer deadline day terrifying the Sky Sports team. There has been other things since but nothing like Tuesday night.

I know a Palace fan and he also said they invented the HF to create an atmosphere at the Hovel but in a peaceful manor.
It seems a lot of toe rags have jumped on the bandwagon and your club needs to nip it in the bud a bit quick.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I know a Palace fan and he also said they invented the HF to create an atmosphere at the Hovel but in a peaceful manor.
It seems a lot of toe rags have jumped on the bandwagon and your club needs to nip it in the bud a bit quick.

Agreed. The HF have proven they can’t police themselves so I think the club needs to take over full administration of them. Whilst this means the Tifo and the displays may wain, it’s a small price to pay.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here