Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Footage Of Vermin Breaking Into The Amex...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Both Clubs issued statements informing CPFC that they needed their id cards which were to be checked at the turnstile against the name on the tickets.
This clearly could cause issues around crowd management (queues due to checks).
Even I could forsee that would need managing and assistance by police and not just the Dads Army Stewards.

I'm guessing the police weren't far away at all in that video as what seems to be, to my eye at least, a police riot helmet comes tumbling into view and is on the ground as the Palace fans come running in.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Both Clubs issued statements informing CPFC that they needed their id cards which were to be checked at the turnstile against the name on the tickets.
This clearly could cause issues around crowd management (queues due to checks).
Even I could forsee that would need managing and assistance by police and not just the Dads Army Stewards.

Checking tickets is hardly a police requirement. That process requires exactly zero police involvement. And as Bozza points out - looks like a police helmet coming in at the end anyway.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
some nice mug shots there.......should be enough for a few criminal charges and banning orders.......wankers...!!

I think everyone has got caught up with the antics of the mindless Palace morons and missed the main issue here - CPFC owe BHA £1k for 300 unpaid tickets. Get the cheeky buggers to cough up - now!! :albion2: :amex:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think everyone has got caught up with the antics of the mindless Palace morons and missed the main issue here - CPFC owe BHA £1k for 300 unpaid tickets. Get the cheeky buggers to cough up - now!! :albion2: :amex:

do we only charge them £3 a ticket?

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
was curious and went on BBS to see how theyre reacting and so many posts saying its our fault with our insufficient stewarding and turnstiles that are easy to jump over! Loads on there trying to defend the indefensible. Stewards deserve nothing but the upmost praise for trying to deal with that. If we do have to play that lot again next season hope theyre not let anywhere near the Amex. Enoughs enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
was curious and went on BBS to see how theyre reacting and so many posts saying its our fault with our insufficient stewarding and turnstiles that are easy to jump over! Loads on there trying to defend the indefensible. Stewards deserve nothing but the upmost praise for trying to deal with that. If we do have to play that lot again next season hope theyre not let anywhere near the Amex. Enoughs enough.

They still don't realise they put their own steward in hospital with broken ribs?
Palace stewarded their own fans last night, so tthey're wrong.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The problem is that so much of what happens in a civil society does so simply by understanding and consent. Until now it has simply been understood that everybody coming to a turnstile has a ticket so the stewards can hardly be too much for being underprepared for a large number of people suddenly rushing them. We can only hope that lessons are learned from the incident so that stewards are better trained, prepared and supported in the future.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

I just was on there too, cant believe some of the idiotic comments, its all BHAFCs fault along with our stewards and the police. oh and our infrastructure and turnstiles the twonks. . Palace need to get their sh1it in order with the HF.
The club seems to pander to their whims it is a joke as not even did 1000 real fans not get chance even to get a ticket but 100s with coudnt get in because these morons filled up the allocation

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
There were clearly loads of police on duty last night.

You telling me that from all of those police there last night you don't have some on the turnstiles?

If that's the case, the Police need to have a long hard look at their planning. After all they've only had 6 months to plan for the game.

I'm not blaming the police for the actions of the AU, they are the idiots, but not to have police on the turnstiles seems poor to me.

This.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There were clearly loads of police on duty last night.

You telling me that from all of those police there last night you don't have some on the turnstiles?

If that's the case, the Police need to have a long hard look at their planning. After all they've only had 6 months to plan for the game.

I'm not blaming the police for the actions of the AU, they are the idiots, but not to have police on the turnstiles seems poor to me.

It's incredible, isn't it? There are only a few turnstiles for away fans. Why the hell weren't there any police there?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose we do always call them ‘Do-as-you-likeys’

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Well there are a lot of very identifiable people there. At least 30 there that I could see the faces of. Some of them grown men for goodness sakes. Pathetic.

Mass banning orders please.

Ps) I don’t blame the stewards. Minimum wage, they really shouldn’t have to put up with this kind of shite.

I agree totally and this was an exceptional situation.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
So let me get this straight, some Palace fans are blaming the police for being heavy-handed and treating them like animals, and in the next breath blaming Brighton for being too lenient and treating them like adults.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Time to ban the Palace fans from the ground completely. this is the second time they have caused trouble here, on one occasion they broke seats and damaged the toilet area and caused trouble in the town. Don't let them here again no other club's fans have caused this kind of trouble at the Amex and around the town, so time to say no more The trouble makers amongst them are total scum.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here