Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Footage Of Vermin Breaking Into The Amex...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
CALM DOWN

Easy was asking what time the group was moved from the centre of town to the stadium.This answered it for him. Yes the 50 odd dickheads who went in the fire door where in the wrong, But still shocking policing in my book.

It's not aimed at you - obviously they are not your words. It is just exasperating this repeated bollocks from your lot, refusing to accept that despite some questionable policing in general, the real problem at the ground was created by a section of YOUR fans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect that Palace were marched on a long route to the station because there wasn't an available train for them to get straight on.

Perhaps that was the one which was de-loaded because 'it wasnt stopping at Falmer'.

By which time there was a massive queue, so finding the best "window" for them to be marched through the station was tricky.

They'll have needed to clear the platform, but the Southern trains weren't there to clear the fans already on the platform.

There needed to be more coordination, a special train set aside, and a route to it without a crowded platform.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
It's not aimed at you - obviously they are not your words. It is just exasperating this repeated bollocks from your lot, refusing to accept that despite some questionable policing in general, the real problem at the ground was created by a section of YOUR fans.

Yes the door rush was out of order, Even if it was reportedly opened by a steward due to overcrowding. Lots of unanswered questions.

Any Palace(without tickets) caught on camera breaking into the ground or setting off smoke bombs should be banned by the club, Simple as.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
18:00 -

Copy and paste from closed palace group on facebook-

I was one of those who was locked out of the game last night. Shocking by the police and the Brighton stewards.
Yes a few got in without tickets but that was down to bad stewarding. The police took everyone on a tour of the back roads of Brighton to get to the station and then held us before getting on and off train. A journey that should have took 20-25 mins took 1 hour 45 mins. Then get told by police we should have got there earlier. No explanation on why they wouldn't let us in then used horses to push us back to station. Was herded around like cattle by police for 4 & half hours.
Even got punched by a copper because the crowd pushed forward and he just laughed in my face.
Then when back at Brighton station they want to put us straight onto train to Croydon when we had hotel in Brighton.
Lost all respect for the police last night.
Palace saying will get refund on tickets but that doesn't include travel costs and hotel costs plus 2 days off work. Yes maybe that was my choice to stay but they should at least pay travel costs in addition to ticket money.
Absolute disgrace.

This looks very similar to my last experience of an evening match at Selhurst. Held back in the stadium for ages after the match (and without the civilised drinking options that the Amex offers away fans), then aggressively kettled by mounted Met Police for an extended period before being marched to Norwood Junction and herded onto a train to Brighton. Despite my protests to police that I wished to go in the opposite direction to catch a bus to meet my daughter who lives in London and with whom I had planned to stay the night (precisely to avoid being squashed into a Southern train with loads of disgruntled Albion and getting home really late), I was given no choice in the matter.
None of this provoked me into the kind of behaviour we witnessed from Palace fans on Tuesday. Rather, I and the others affected, simply attributed it to the inevitable side-effects of policing this kind of derby. It seems to me that the Palace fans who are somehow attributing the debacle on Tuesday to this kind of experience of 'less than sensitive' policing and stewarding are being entirely disingenuous.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Which again is not good enough.

I totally agree. It's the main reason I can't be arsed about going up to SP again. It's not the fans , it's the police treatment.
I am not anti police but by Christ the experiences I've had in London ( not just Palace ) has severely tested my resolve!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There were clearly mistakes made by both parties, including Sussex police, on the night. However, what I can't understand is the way the Palace that come on here are somehow trying to minimise and defend the fact that, by police estimates, between 150 - 200 (hardly "a few") Palace idiots pre-meditatively broke into the stadium via a Fire Exit using considerable force and, in occupying seats already purchased by their fellow fans, thereby denied those fans the right to attend the match. Those "fans" then proceeded to behave like complete

IMG_1327.JPG S

throughout the game.

Yes the door rush was out of order, Even if it was reportedly opened by a steward due to overcrowding. Lots of unanswered questions.

Any Palace(without tickets) caught on camera breaking into the ground or setting off smoke bombs should be banned by the club, Simple as.

Where is it being reported to have been opened by a Steward?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes a few got in without tickets but that was down to bad stewarding.

Not watched the video footage then?
In what conceivable way were the stewards to blame? And some who did attempt to stop the fans breaking in got hospitalized.

FFS accept responsibility for the behaviour of your supporters.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your agenda is very clear, as you have illustrated again with "they failed miserably". Most reports suggest that numerous attempts at disorder were prevented all over the city as well as at the Amex itself..

Sorry but it's nothing to do with having an agenda. The fact that violent fans without tickets got into the ground with fireworks and if we're to believe the police reports a knife and knuckleduster then how can it not be a miserable failure? It's not enough to say that most of the day passed off uneventfully when the single breach was so significant.

It's like a driving test. One major fault and it's marked as a failure. The same applies here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
By the way, this crazy idea that the albion were wrong not to let the fans in with tickets.

No. Since Hilsborough, no one will overfill a stand. It was at capacity, the size of the sterile area agreed in advance by safety officers and the police.

The sad truth is - the Ultlets who broke in stole the ticketted fans seats.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Reading the post you copied and pasted as the experience of a fan being out of pocket and treated appallingly by Police and Club incompetence, be really interesting to see if these fans could take legal action against authorities and club to try and recover costs if not their indignation. I would certainly support from a greater good perspective, perhaps Police especially would stop and think about their contemptual approach towards football fans. Our club let the 200 odd visiting supports down and should apologise / offer some compensation. Easy enough to identify those that didn’t get in. Together with Sussex Police, we deserve every bit of flak coming out way and more so the idiotic few who caused all the trouble. And perhaps your club hierarchy too who seem to condone these fans behaviour.

nleaney

Dec 9, 2014
It's should not be the Police's job to control the turnstiles. As noted elsewhere, the blame fairly and squarely lies with the individuals who forced their way in. They should have the comfort of believing that someone else didn't stop them so it must be OK.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I totally agree. It's the main reason I can't be arsed about going up to SP again. It's not the fans , it's the police treatment.
I am not anti police but by Christ the experiences I've had in London ( not just Palace ) has severely tested my resolve!

Yer I can understand that, I probably will not bother coming to the AMEX again for an evening game, Just too many things to deal with, its a shame.

Myself and a mate were in the palace lot being held outside the ground after the game, After a while the police started to let very small numbers through up the stairs to the car park. We told them we were getting the train to Lewes and they let the pair of us up the stairs. At the top I was grabbed by another copper, I told him to talk to the man in charge down the bottom and he let me go. Slid down a bank and back to the station. Don't get me started on that damn station :D

Decent point for both teams in the end.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Not watched the video footage then?
In what conceivable way were the stewards to blame? And some who did attempt to stop the fans breaking in got hospitalized.

FFS accept responsibility for the behaviour of your supporters.

FFS read what I have posted properly. Its a copy of somebody elses account of the evening.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Reading the post you copied and pasted as the experience of a fan being out of pocket and treated appallingly by Police and Club incompetence, be really interesting to see if these fans could take legal action against authorities and club to try and recover costs if not their indignation. I would certainly support from a greater good perspective, perhaps Police especially would stop and think about their contemptual approach towards football fans. Our club let the 200 odd visiting supports down and should apologise / offer some compensation. Easy enough to identify those that didn’t get in. Together with Sussex Police, we deserve every bit of flak coming out way and more so the idiotic few who caused all the trouble. And perhaps your club hierarchy too who seem to condone these fans behaviour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10412281

Has happened before.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry but it's nothing to do with having an agenda. The fact that violent fans without tickets got into the ground with fireworks and if we're to believe the police reports a knife and knuckleduster then how can it not be a miserable failure? It's not enough to say that most of the day passed off uneventfully when the single breach was so significant.

It's like a driving test. One major fault and it's marked as a failure. The same applies here.

Because the police aren’t responsible for entry to the ground and the checks undertaken as part of that?

Beyond that, as numerous Albion fans have said, the fireworks are tiny and almost impossible to detect even with sniffer dogs. Other people’s words, not mine.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Heatedly agree. Who knows what ‘numerous attempts at disorder prevented means’ when people can be arrested for be pushed forward, spilling beer in a built up area etc etc. Everything but hiding your face and forcing your way into the Amex without payingseemingly. As if the Police haven’t got a track record of bare faced lying when it comes to football fans eh?!! So as much as I like the Police and want to believe them we all know from personal and others experience that they really can talk a load of Narnia - who’s to say old Chief of ain’t trying to divert attention from their incompetence on Tuesday night? They failed miserably as did the Albion stadium management. The Palace Ultras, well they’re just failures full stop. But no ones prepared to deal with them so we must challenge the authorities PAID to prevent this sort of criminal activity right under their noses. And up it actually!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Because the police aren’t responsible for entry to the ground and the checks undertaken as part of that?

Beyond that, as numerous Albion fans have said, the fireworks are tiny and almost impossible to detect even with sniffer dogs. Other people’s words, not mine.

The police and security would have been working in tandem and co-ordinated their plans. There were police and stewards inside the ground. Fans from outside where there were also police (and stewards) monitoring them got into the ground. Of course the sniffer dogs would have been useless when someone breaks in through a fire door. Breaking in en masse with weapons and fireworks bypasses all the security in place and is therefore a failure in the planning and risk assessment.

I'd add, most of us on both sides are law-abiding and perfectly harmless fans. The huge police presence and restrictions on Tuesday were there specifically for the likes of the Ultras. For the police and security to say that it's very difficult to police a group of fans determined to cause trouble - I don't doubt it at all but the police knew in this instance who the group were and were watching them very closely throughout the day. But the wallies in black still managed to cause a major disturbance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here