Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Footage Of Vermin Breaking Into The Amex...

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Where were the police in all this?

It beggars belief, that there appears to be no or inadequate policing of the visiting supporters end.

I'd have thought simple reasoning, would always lead anyone to recognise this as a likely hotspot in the complex for potential trouble?

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Bloody hell, what’s all the fuss about? Some ticketless palace fans broke in a door, some then were left outside and had a go at some stewards two of which ended up going to hospital. This was a BHA v palace game. Shit happens.
If it concerns you, don’t go to derbies. If I am mistaken (As I only read the OP) and hundreds were beaten with bricks and iron bars, and 5 year old children were left as orphans I’m sorry, and don’t get me started on the loud, bright fireworks, it’s not even bone fire night!
Talk about people with absolutely nothing else to worry about in their lives.......

48E49441-00A4-4D22-9128-2C2C1EB08209.jpeg

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Palace should pull out the stops to identify as many as they can then ban them for life. Most shameful away support since the Amex opened its doors.

I very much doubt that will happen. Disney has pandered to their every whim including (allegedly) allowing the scum to vet who gets a ticket in "their" part of the ground. He has also praised them in the past.

I wonder if they have got something on him?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
At 7:15 there were police near the turnstiles and also sniffer dogs. Police rep on the radio this evening said that they were diverted by other priorities so not everyone got checked.

"diverted by other priorities" and yet nobody seems to know what "other priorities" they were dealing with? Surely their only priorities were to prevent disorder and risk of serious injury or worse. What could possibly have been prioritised above that? Just a bland excuse for doing nothing. And they expect us to believe it?!! Yeah, right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"diverted by other priorities" and yet nobody seems to know what "other priorities" they were dealing with? Surely their only priorities were to prevent disorder and risk of serious injury or worse. What could possibly have been prioritised above that? Just a bland excuse for doing nothing. And they expect us to believe it?!! Yeah, right.

I don't know. However, the Palace fans who had been rounded up from the bars down by the seafront and walked to Brighton Station would have been on their way, or close. I would expect that police at the stadium had to be prepared for their arrival and the task of trying to keep the "welcoming committee" away from them as best they could.

On a broader point, I really don't like the general tone of your post, and similar, that just seem to want to try and find fault with the police. Maybe they were at fault - I simply have no idea, so I'm not going to go jumping in trying to point the finger of blame. There will be debriefs and investigations to try and ensure that anything that went wrong doesn't happen again.

I don't go to football wearing a tightly drawn hood and a scarf or balaclava over my face. I don't take weapons. I don't take pyrotechnics. I don't try to get in a ground without a ticket, causing physical harm to those who try to get in my way. Unfortunately some people do, and some people have to try and minimise the impact of them on everyone else.

I have massive amount of respect for those who are tasked with trying to make sure tens of thousands of people can get to the game, and home again, in safety. I'm willing to accept that they may make mistakes because it's a really difficult job on nights like Tuesday. And I wouldn't want to do that job myself - it looks very tough.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
You've clearly never heard of UK terrorist attacks then. This was an absolute blueprint on how to carry one out at the Amex. Blokes in balaclavas creating a diversion before forcing their way into a public arena with concealed explosives and then detonating them. Lucky it was only South London sewer rats on the day eh?

As I said, people with absolutely nothing else to worry about. Perhaps you better stay in bed.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Where were the police in all this?

It beggars belief, that there appears to be no or inadequate policing of the visiting supporters end.

I'd have thought simple reasoning, would always lead anyone to recognise this as a likely hotspot in the complex for potential trouble?

on another thread there is a video of what they were dealing with at the same time. not an excuse but seemed resources were very spread out.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Bloody hell, what’s all the fuss about? Some ticketless palace fans broke in a door, some then were left outside and had a go at some stewards two of which ended up going to hospital. This was a BHA v palace game. Shit happens.
If it concerns you, don’t go to derbies. If I am mistaken (As I only read the OP) and hundreds were beaten with bricks and iron bars, and 5 year old children were left as orphans I’m sorry, and don’t get me started on the loud, bright fireworks, it’s not even bone fire night!
Talk about people with absolutely nothing else to worry about in their lives.......

I've not got involved in this stuff, but you've prompted me to wade in. What an absolutely shitty post that is.

Two entirely innocent people, working for a tenner an hour, end up in hospital - one serious enough to be kept in overnight.
More innocent people get assaulted randomly.
Two innocent Palace fans get knocked to the ground, and leave, hurt.
A load of EXPLOSIVE devices are smuggled into the ground and let off, highlighting potential fatal weaknesses in security and terrifying some vunerable fans.
Innocent Palace fans get burned by pyrotechnics and require treatment.
200 hundred or so presumably blameless fans spend a ton of cash on a day out, and get denied access to the game, due to the actions of others.

And your response is that 'shit happens' and if you don't like it, you shouldn't attend.

What a w4nker.

I don't know. However, the Palace fans who had been rounded up from the bars down by the seafront and walked to Brighton Station would have been on their way, or close. I would expect that police at the stadium had to be prepared for their arrival and the task of trying to keep the "welcoming committee" away from them as best they could.

On a broader point, I really don't like the general tone of your post, and similar, that just seem to want to try and find fault with the police. Maybe they were at fault - I simply have no idea, so I'm not going to go jumping in trying to point the finger of blame. Their will be debriefs and investigations to try and ensure that anything that went wrong doesn't happen again.

I don't go to football wearing a tightly drawn hood and a scarf or balaclava over my face. I don't take weapons. I don't take pyrotechnics. I don't try to get in a ground without a ticket, causing physical harm to those who try to get in my way. Unfortunately some people do, and some people have to try and minimise the impact of them on everyone else.

I have massive amount of respect for those who are tasked with trying to make sure tens of thousands of people can get to the game, and home again, in safety. I'm willing to accept that they may make mistakes because it's a really difficult job on nights like Tuesday. And I wouldn't want to do that job myself - it looks very tough.

Well said Bozza. 110% correct.

I've not got involved in this stuff, but you've prompted me to wade in. What an absolutely shitty post that is.

Two entirely innocent people, working for a tenner an hour, end up in hospital - one serious enough to be kept in overnight.
More innocent people get assaulted randomly.
Two innocent Palace fans get knocked to the ground, and leave, hurt.
A load of EXPLOSIVE devices are smuggled into the ground and let off, highlighting potential fatal weaknesses in security and terrifying some vunerable fans.
Innocent Palace fans get burned by pyrotechnics and require treatment.
200 hundred or so presumably blameless fans spend a ton of cash on a day out, and get denied access to the game, due to the actions of others.

And your response is that 'shit happens' and if you don't like it, you shouldn't attend.

What a w4nker.

I was just going to call him a Cretin, but that is so much better.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If you are kettled with 300 (say) other people, do you (a) keep the knife in your pocket and hope you don't get found, or (b) drop the knife on the floor? Easy for the items to be found not on someone.

I'm sure DNA would identify fingerprints on knives as there's no doubting they've got previous at a police station.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's hardly storming the Iranian Embassy though, is it? Surely our police force are better trained than to be so easily outflanked by a bunch of spotty oiks. There was obviously an insufficient deployment of police in the turnstiles area.

Doesn't surprise me really as they are often pretty clueless. They fortunately dodged a potential problem caused by the lack of police presence at the station on arrival. Fans piling off the trains all a bit pumped up and no police whatsoever until well out from under the metal ramp area.

This was so. They were all loaded up on the bridge giving everybody the hard stare.

I know on other threads PC Daz has taken a lot of personal stick but this total shambles was the fault of the matchday commander (who would certainly have been several ranks above PC Daz). But instead of sacking him for his sheer incompetence in failing to manage the huge resources at his disposal, expect to see yet another OB cover up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The police statement mentions “knives and knuckle dusters” but no arrests have been made for carrying offensive weapons as far as I can see from reports. Something doesn’t add up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

it is a bit lame the fallout on here from it and we are starting to look like we are crying about it.

Move on .

Sussex Police are sh* t and everyone knows that but the Palace fans were being walked up around this time and a sizeable group of Albion were there to welcome. This took a load of old bill. plus the old bill who were in town treating every male like they were some sort of mass murderer.

All part of it though , nothing much really happened apart from a few scraps.

Stewards will get more re-enforcements at that end for future and it wont happen again ( doubt anyone will ever try )

Onto Liverpool

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

From a scouser, that's pretty sick fella.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This was so. They were all loaded up on the bridge giving everybody the hard stare.

I know on other threads PC Daz has taken a lot of personal stick but this total shambles was the fault of the matchday commander (who would certainly have been several ranks above PC Daz). But instead of sacking him for his sheer incompetence in failing to manage the huge resources at his disposal, expect to see yet another OB cover up.

Hopefully the matchday commander will produce photographic evidence of the knives and knuckledusters involved. May assist in their identification. May also also assist in putting to bed conspiracy theories that they are fake news aimed at diverting attention away from the fact that the vast resources at his disposal were outwitted by a bunch of spotty schoolkids who've been watching too many dire Danny Dyer movies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here