Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where's this years Fodder?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can see Huddersfield’s season mirroring Blackpool from a few years ago. Came up with momentum from the play offs, started off amazingly, then started to slide taking some absolute hammerings along the way. They’ve picked up 8 points from their last 11 games and have a goal difference of -15.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can see Huddersfield’s season mirroring Blackpool from a few years ago. Came up with momentum from the play offs, started off amazingly, then started to slide taking some absolute hammerings along the way. They’ve picked up 8 points from their last 11 games and have a goal difference of -15.

Does look as though they have been ‘found out’ a bit.

Swansea and West Ham both look horrendous. West Ham’s defending in particular is a mess......but they also failed to have a shot in the first half last night......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What about Newcastle? Only 6 points from their last 9 games (and 3 of those were a home win over a Zaha-less Palace) and their next game away to Chelsea.

Our game up there next month could be significant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What about Newcastle? Only 6 points from their last 9 games (and 3 of those were a home win over a Zaha-less Palace) and their next game away to Chelsea.

Our game up there next month could be significant.
Good point. Rafa appearing unhappy too, unsettled over the possible sale and publicly moaning about lack of money etc. All's not well there.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Three from Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield, Newcastle. We might have a little flirtation with danger but will be ok

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm going to throw in a bit of a reality check here, but anybody who thinks we're home and dry already needs to have a word with themselves. I fully expect us to have to have a scrap with those teams in the second half of the season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm going to throw in a bit of a reality check here, but anybody who thinks we're home and dry already needs to have a word with themselves. I fully expect us to have to have a scrap with those teams in the second half of the season.
We have a c.20% chance of being relegated at the end of this season.

Agreed that we are far from home and dry.

Chris Hughton is the ultimate authority and he is very obviously focused on what he regards as a difficult challenge to get enough points, by hook and by crook, to stay up. Then we can build and go again next year.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We have a c.20% chance of being relegated at the end of this season.

Agreed that we are far from home and dry.

Chris Hughton is the ultimate authority and he is very obviously focused on what he regards as a difficult challenge to get enough points, by hook and by crook, to stay up. Then we can build and go again next year.

I think that is an optimistic assessment.

I too, on balance, think we'll do enough, but reckon there's more like a 1 in 3 chance we'll not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not sure any of us does ? I’m optimistic though in that I think that there are at least 3 teams that are currently worse than us, some quite significantly and with little prospect of a turnaround any time soon (West Ham, Swansea for example). That can change but our relative club stability, strength at the back and good management leaves us well capable of staying up. Home and dry ? Not a bit - 3 or 4 defeats in a row, which could easily happen, and the sheets will be soaking.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If we're still out of the bottom come the new year then I'll start to think we've got a chance of staying up.

Just remember that relatively speaking we've had an easier run of games, now we've got Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea in the next few games. If (as expected) we'll lose those 3 and we start to look a bit more tired (like Tuesday) then Watford and Burnley will walk away with all 3 points as well. Let alone Hudders who are strong at home.

So if we're still mid table after the Newcastle game I'll cheer up a bit about our chances!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Mention that on FF and watch the Town fans hammer you :O

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It'll be interesting to see if Pardew can produce a dead cat bounce at West Brom and if so how long it lasts. The man is a complete moron and will eventually take them down given enough time.

Also interesting that some bookies already have Moyes as second favourite to be sacked after Clement. [emoji23]

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agree that no one looks down and out , but c'mon ...we are 10th entering December. It is way too early to worry, although I agree that it could of course happen . Let's enjoy the ride.
A lot depends on keeping key players free of injury and I hope for something good in the January window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here