• Before last night I did not intend on going, but I may now

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Before last night I did not intend on going, and I still won't

Votes: 117 53.9%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are you now less inclined to want to go to the return fixture at Selhurst?

Personally, I am now seriously considering binning it off.

Yes, the Ultras are utter dicks and the blame falls squarely on them but you have to ask whether the police have a clue how to police these matches given that they imposed the most draconian measures ever placed on away fans for a Brighton game, months to prepare, a huge police presence and it was still a complete balls-up. God knows how bad we're going to be treated by the police, the restrictions that will be imposed. It's a bloody horrible ground anyway. Give me hassle-free away days like last Saturday over that any day of the week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not sure i could get a ticket anyway, but the last time we were kettled to norwood junction, pissed on by a police horse, stood in horse shit and hated every minute of it. I have never missed an albion palace game at Selhurst since 1974/5 and now wouldn't even consider going again.

Anyone remember the volkski beetle with the rollers for wheels that used to go up and down the wings at half time to flatten the pitch for Peter taylor to run down!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I said last time would be the last. It's horrible, and getting trampled by drunk Brighton fans when (if) we score is not my idea of fun.
I'm getting too old for all this rubbish.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nights like last night have only reinforced my view. Literally HOURS of shit and aggravation either side of a small hope of 3 points making it all worthwhile, but that usually ends up in disappointment. I'll either watch it on a moody stream, or go to the beamback. Then at least win, lose or draw I can straight away process and digest the result somewhere pleasant in Sussex over a few shandies, rather than spending hours of my Saturday surrounded by horses and weapons-grade buffoonery whilst battling my way out of that Croydon shithole back towards civilisation.

Fair play to any of you actually going to that toilet of a place, but you're welcome to it.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Before: wasn't going, but only because I wouldn't have the points.

Now: wouldn't have gone, even if I could. Going to be an enormous ballache, for sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like a lot of people, doing all 19 and it's one of those.

Brighton Marathon Weekend.

Hard to believe there won't be police pressure to move this to Sunday at 12pm or similar, which would clash with the marathon presumably.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hard to believe there won't be police pressure to move this to Sunday at 12pm or similar, which would clash with the marathon presumably.

Can you delete my thread where I've done exactly the same poll please? Sorry, I looked but didn't spot it when I posted it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Deffo be going, the thought of winning out ways all the bollocks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Have done my time at Palace and have not been since the late '80s.. last night doesn't make any difference - the whole experience is just sadly predictable, out-dated and tiresome. Can already hear the so-called BHAFC fans who believe it is their duty to go up there and somehow exceed the heroic deeds of the hooded boys brigade.. will get treated like a potential dick-head by police, stewards etc regardless of how I behave..

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Was planning to go but reconsidering. I might go if I’m allowed to deface something & behave like a Palace thug?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here