Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any thoughts on Andre "CPFC" Marriner or the other officials?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First half to the right of the goal when viewing from the North Stand right on the goal line? I was sure that was Dunk, I could be wrong?

Yes it was Dunk, yes it was prob a foul, but it was nowhere near the pen area. Seen a few commenting on it in this thread saying it should have been a pen but assumed they meant another incident.

Ah just seen you may be talking about Duffy? Don’t think that was a pen but yes anywhere else on pitch it’s more likely to be given. Sakho one much more a pen imo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes it was Dunk, yes it was prob a foul, but it was nowhere near the pen area. Seen a few commenting on it in this thread saying it should have been a pen but assumed they meant another incident.

Now you know your eyesight is dodgy (March ball in) :) ..but I think Icy was referring to the two handed shove on Haha which was Duffy ..we then had Dunk and Haha in the area but that was all legit..then second half Dunk took out Haha outside the area .no foul given which was a tad surprising

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Now you know your eyesight is dodgy (March ball in) :) ..but I think Icy was referring to the two handed shove on Haha which was Duffy ..we then had Dunk and Haha in the area but that was all legit..then second half Dunk took out Haha outside the area .no foul given which was a tad surprising

Ah I'd read the thread back and edited it after you'd replied! See above.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I thought Jose had to much pace and was beating Zaha, so Zaha pulled him, they tangled, and then Zaha went over.

I was a long way away and haven't seen a replay, but that's what I thought.
I wasn't at the match, I'm just going on the replays I saw on tv which made it look very different. The same with Duffys tumble in the last few minutes, no penalty to me.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I realise I could only see game on Bein sports,but thought ref was one of better ones we have had not pro CP ,in fact thought we got away with lot more. Tried to let game flow

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For the most part the ref seemed to let a lot go and just laughed at players (theirs or ours) who fell to the ground and ignored all of the shirt pulling by both sides too. Only things I thought he got wrong were booking Dunk (basically on Zaha's say so) and let Dunk getting away with barging Zaha over by the touchline moments later.

If he had given that free kick, (as he should have done) for barging Haha over, then he would have had to book him for it too.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Not sure Andre Marriner was particularly pro-Palace last night considering he waved away a blatant Palace pen in the first half and failed to show what probably should have been a second yellow to Dunk/Izquierdo. Other than the Dunk foul in the box I was impressed with your organisation and defending last night; Hughton has done an excellent job in that department and it will probably keep you up.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not sure Andre Marriner was particularly pro-Palace last night considering he waved away a blatant Palace pen in the first half and failed to show what probably should have been a second yellow to Dunk/Izquierdo. Other than the Dunk foul in the box I was impressed with your organisation and defending last night; Hughton has done an excellent job in that department and it will probably keep you up.

Blatant pen? Utter garbage.

Although to be fair I don’t think he was pro either side. A few decisions went either way but on balance got it about right. Best Ref we’ve had for sometime.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I also vote that 'Dre was excellent.

No idea at all what game the OP was watching.

el punal

Thought they seem to have him hook line and sinker with every dive and collapse. Maybe it's just my blue and white tinted specs.

Also the linesman on the west side gave a throw several times when the ball didn't leave the field of play.

No one but no one comes close to being the CPFC referee other than Ron 'Challis of Palace' infamy. People go on about Mike Dean and others on the referee crap-o-meter but Challis was in a league of his own. For those of you unaware of the circumstances I refer you to Albion's second replay FA Cup match against THEM at Stamford Bridge in 1976. It was also when Lord Mullery threw his loose change at Palace fans and stated, quite rightly, "that's all your worth!". :albion2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Marriner did a good job last night and I'd be happy to see him reffing future Albion games. The same can't be said for some other refs (i.e. TCAUS).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here