Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any thoughts on Andre "CPFC" Marriner or the other officials?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thought they seem to have him hook line and sinker with every dive and collapse. Maybe it's just my blue and white tinted specs.

Also the linesman on the west side gave a throw several times when the ball didn't leave the field of play.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thought they seem to have him hook line and sinker with every dive and collapse. Maybe it's just my blue and white tinted specs.

Also the linesman on the west side gave a throw several times when the ball didn't leave the field of play.

Yeap, time wasting at every possible opportunity and seemed to get away with it. The dullest team we've played in ages, almost as bad as Cardiff last season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He didn’t give a penalty for Dunk’s blatant push on Zaha, be grateful for small mercies :smile:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The sooner Lino’s/fans/commentators learn the rules on ‘WHOLE BALL, WHOLE LINE’ the better. So many times throw ins are incorrectly given. That one with Solly last night was prob 6 inches still in play - was literally rolling along the line. Just because over 50% of th ball MAY have hung the wrong side of the line they just flag. Nowhere near out and that’s me saying it from not the best of angles.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Marriner was OK. Dunk, Duffy and IZQ all got away with some pretty blatant stuff. Zaha can't stand up for toffee - but at least Marriner was aware of that fact.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I genuinely thought he was the best ref we've seen this season. He made a point of wanting to let the game flow and he did that rather well, despite the many fouls and dives.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thought Mariner kept his cool and did ok. Dunk, Duffy and Izq could all have had 2 yellows or a red. Thought he handled Zaha well. What a pathetic moaning individual.

But surely he should have been booked at least once? There was one point where he did an actual cartwheel from the middle of the box out towards the north stand.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
The sooner Lino’s/fans/commentators learn the rules on ‘WHOLE BALL, WHOLE LINE’ the better. So many times throw ins are incorrectly given. That one with Solly last night was prob 6 inches still in play - was literally rolling along the line. Just because over 50% of th ball MAY have hung the wrong side of the line they just flag. Nowhere near out and that’s me saying it from not the best of angles.

That one looked out from the NS more or less in line with it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That one looked out from the NS more or less in line with it

I saw the replay on tv - again not the best angle and I can’t really comment but I personally would be pretty amazed if the whole ball crossed the whole line. People see some of it over the line an immediately consider it out these days. Hughton certainly didn’t think it was. Not doubting your knowledge but just an opinion.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I saw the replay on tv - again not the best angle and I can’t really comment but I personally would be pretty amazed if the whole ball crossed the whole line. People see some of it over the line an immediately consider it out these days. Hughton certainly didn’t think it was. Not doubting your knowledge but just an opinion.

It didn't even look over the line from the west upper, where it would have a tendency to look more over the line that it was.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Showed it on the Sky extended summary of the match last night.....was clearly out :(

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He didn’t give a penalty for Dunk’s blatant push on Zaha, be grateful for small mercies :smile:

If that was the first half one in the penalty area then it was Duffy...anywhere else on the pitch and it would have been a free kick imho

Second half Dunk (outside the penalty area?) should have been a foul....but when its Zaha i don't really have any sympathy

Re the ref he seemed to give them all the 50/50's ..but maybe i'm just being biased and just maybe thats where palace's premier league experience comes in by knowing how to con the ref

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here