Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone ever seen Anthony Knockaert's right-foot?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Cards on table. I love him. He's supremely talented and gives his all for the cause but how can a professional footballer be so totally one-footed?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I think it's a confidence thing. Last season he seemed to go down the outside of players much more often. I do worry about having both wingers drifting inside- our full backs aren't able to get forward to provide width as often as in the Championship. With someone of Murray's heading ability we should be putting far more crosses into the box

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
if only he'd look to get to the byline more, it would make defenders less comfortable. Premier league defenders know if they keep him on his right foot then he is far less a threat.

We know he can skin players going outside, but seems to lack confidence in doing so.

That said, I thought he played well yesterday, particularly tracking back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - he used it at OT on Sat and completely over hit a fairly simple pass to lay the ball to Murray to tap in. Love the bloke though, class player.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Our Arjen Robben.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
if only he'd look to get to the byline more, it would make defenders less comfortable. Premier league defenders know if they keep him on his right foot then he is far less a threat.

We know he can skin players going outside, but seems to lack confidence in doing so.

Agreed, but the little lay off to Bruno is pretty effective. I 'd rather he stuck to that option rather thantrust in his swinger.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Cards on table. I love him. He's supremely talented and gives his all for the cause but how can a professional footballer be so totally one-footed?
Strange this the ratio of one footed player criticism of left footed player is closely aligned to the percentage of the population who favour kicking with their right foot.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I have never been able to understand the obsessive thinking of some people that it is amazing that a left footed player doesn't use his right foot.

Why not a thread on Stephens, Murray, Bruno etc and the constant strange use of their right foot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here