Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home Form: Worried?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am not bedwetting, but we really do need to show more intense attacking play if we are going to get goals. I can't see where one is coming from at the moment with this slow slow quick slow buildup hughton seems to prefer.
You need to let others be the judge of whether you are bedwetting.

Your post is the definition of bedwetting....!!!

Four days ago we played brilliantly AT OLD TRAFFORD and created a number of threatening attacking situations thanks to our flying wingers, attacking full back and progressive midfield play.

Last night we weren't at our best but we still dealt effectively with a Palace attacking 4 worth about £70m+ and created our own chances including 10 corners.

What more do you people want?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The only game I am really narked about is the Everton game where we (I mean Bruno) gifted them a point.

Sadly we are limited up front at the moment, we have yet to enter a game where all three of our current 'strikeforce' are considered eligible for selection and both Hemed and Murray whilst hardworking lack th epace to really open up defences. Hopefully we can reach 20+ points before the turn and strengthen the forward line in January.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Forms a funny thing and can be spun in many a different way.
1 defeat in 7 a game away at Man Utd we were unlucky to lose. They destroyed a very good Watford team last night. That’s good form in this league.
2 wins in 7 not so good in context
4 home draws in a row. - dropped points for sure
10 points from 21 - almost 1 in 2 points available. Decent form in this league to be fair. Keep that sort of form together we would be comfortably safe
We are solid at the back. Good in midfield.
We lack a bit of a cutting edge at this level. That is the difference between the draws being wins and defeats being draws but I don’t think we should be dissatisfied in how we have done so far.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Four days ago we played brilliantly AT OLD TRAFFORD and created a number of threatening attacking situations thanks to our flying wingers, attacking full back and progressive midfield play.

Last night we weren't at our best but we still dealt effectively with a Palace attacking 4 worth about £70m+ and created our own chances including 10 corners.

fair enough..take a chill pill and have a nice lay down.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Just a few more goals?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We need more goals from midfield / defense. We've got to nearly the half way mark with no goals from Propper/Stephens/Dunk/Duffy

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Other than Man City, last night was the first home game we haven't scored in.

Of the 10 teams below us, only Stoke have scored more goals.

From 8th place, no one has conceded less goals than us.

17 pts from 14 fixtures.

You start to worry when you lose 3-0 at home to someone around you.

CH will continue to evolve, tweak and improve the team, but no need for any wholesale changes in personnel or approach at this point imho.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Maybe we are just a good away side as we seem to be playing better away.

I think there is an element of truth to this. When playing beatable teams at home, i.e. Palace etc. the away team tends to play more defensive and close down Albion's play. When away from home the home team tends to be more attacking and open which I think plays to our strengths.

I think what we are lacking generally, at the moment, is the ability to open up a game when the opposition is trying to lock it down, which is more evident when playing at home.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not worried in the slightest by our home form as long as we carry on in the same way as we've been playing. This is all new territory for us and so far we seem to be doing okay.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nope not worried. Points keep coming.

So this l little lot to play up to Boxing day doesn't bother you???

What do you think our points tally will be from them???

Bha fixtures.PNG

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I'm not worried at all yet. The fact that we feel hard done by when only getting a point says it all. We just need a little more composure at times and a little more luck, and we'll be fine.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I think any team outside the top 6 should be worried, or at least be concerned. I see Hughton as applying a similar outlook to Dyche, get the point and stay in the game. 3 draws on the row are far better than 3 defeats.

It's akin to a cricket scoreboard, keep it ticking over. The real danger (as has been witnessed by other clubs) is to leak goals. Hughton has you well drilled and set in that regard and this builds confidence amongst the team. I'm unsure if Palace can escape which means two spots remain, with Swansea looking anaemic picking up draws and the odd 3 points will be enough.

Anyway, here's hoping.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

Goals would be a start :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here