Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I feel very strongly about the behaviour of the Palace idiots last night. For many reasons.

The most obvious to me - is that we are living in an age where events (be they concerts for kids, sports events, large gatherings of people) are targeted by nutters who like to explode things and fire machine guns. And kill people. How is it that pseudo explosions and fireworks might be considered a good idea in the age we live in now. Two blokes have an argument in Oxford Circus tube station on Black Friday and the whole of London is shut down. Palace idiots let off fireworks and flares inside a stadium and not one policeman appeared in the stadium - and the stewards stayed firmly in their places.

The Premier League, the FA and CPFC need to be seen to be taking strong and immediate action - and idiots like Mark Bright tweeting that it's all jolly japes need some serious education.

Fans storming gates, getting in without tickets but with fireworks - causing mayhem in the town and on transport..... are we back in the 1970's ?

By the way the normal searching of everyone entering the 1901 club worked perfectly last night - even if the odd one or two rascals were ejected for not having a collared shirt.

Paul Barber - this is one for you to do some serious thinking about and write one of your overlong missives to some people who can take real action on a vital subject.

Seriously is he tweeting that? Christ on a bike...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder if they have any self awareness? Do they realise that hey aren't reliving the 'glory' days of the 70's and 80's but are infact a bunch of spotty virgins on a school trip who are the pet project of a spurs fan. It really is time that someone, somewhere gave them a proper shoeing to teach them how to behave.

They would love to be considered hard, quite clearly. Sadly when they get relegated, those spotty Nigel virgins will be absolutely nowhere to be seen when Millwall roll into Croydon. I hope they are, and that Millwall kick several shades of runny shite out of them. By the sounds of it, that would probably please half of the rest of the NigeIs too.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
On the stadium tour we were told that the cctv at the amex is state of the art and can produce a hi-res picture of anyone's face (well, in the ground, I doubt they'd get one of my mate Terry in Paignton) so I'm fully expecting Sussex Police and the Met to be scoring the images, putting names to faces, and kicking in some doors.
Once they finish gathering evidence to ban a old woman for shouting "****" near a Stoke fan of course, let's get our priorities right.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
They would love to be considered hard, quite clearly. Sadly when they get relegated, those spotty Nigel virgins will be absolutely nowhere to be seen when Millwall roll into Croydon. I hope they are, and that Millwall kick several shades of runny shite out of them. By the sounds of it, that would probably please half of the rest of the NigeIs too.

Palace fan of 45 years and can't disagree with that - brought some atmos to the ground but now becoming a huge embarrassment. They are acting like a firm, but aren't. They are going to come unstuck.

Glad the game is out the way tbh, Sounds like a draw was fair.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Hated the night from start to finish. The only positive is reading some of the saner views of the decent Palace fans who are finally seeing the so-called Ultras for what they are.

I'm not sure what the explanation is for how the smoke bombs, banners and ticketless fans were not dealt with, but presumably the decision was taken that it was safer to contain the situation, rather than pile in, and study the film afterwards. Hopefully some arrests/bans will follow.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
A lot of this could have been prevented at the train stations by checking that they have a valid ticket and those who did not sent back.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I feel very strongly about the behaviour of the Palace idiots last night. For many reasons.

The most obvious to me - is that we are living in an age where events (be they concerts for kids, sports events, large gatherings of people) are targeted by nutters who like to explode things and fire machine guns. And kill people. How is it that pseudo explosions and fireworks might be considered a good idea in the age we live in now. Two blokes have an argument in Oxford Circus tube station on Black Friday and the whole of London is shut down. Palace idiots let off fireworks and flares inside a stadium and not one policeman appeared in the stadium - and the stewards stayed firmly in their places.

The Premier League, the FA and CPFC need to be seen to be taking strong and immediate action - and idiots like Mark Bright tweeting that it's all jolly japes need some serious education.

Fans storming gates, getting in without tickets but with fireworks - causing mayhem in the town and on transport..... are we back in the 1970's ?

By the way the normal searching of everyone entering the 1901 club worked perfectly last night - even if the odd one or two rascals were ejected for not having a collared shirt.

Paul Barber - this is one for you to do some serious thinking about and write one of your overlong missives to some people who can take real action on a vital subject.

Great post. Couldnt agree more.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Its not really worth the hassle is it.

If we are both playing in the same division next season, then I'd be all in favour of a complete away fan ban. Just cannot be arsed with all this shit, it really just IS NOT worth it. I don't want these cretins anywhere near the Amex next season. By many accounts on the BBS, many of their "decent" fans have had a proper shit time of it as well tonight, some not even able to get into the ground thanks to the actions of some utter, utter fvcktards in their numbers.

Bollocks to it. Ban Palace fans from the Amex. They can reciprocate for Selhurst, its a shit day out anyway. Make do with beambacks and keep that filth off our streets and away from our stadium.

Great post and one I never thought I would agree with. Anyone who knows me would be amazed at my thinking that I would be happy to avoid going to their shythole ever again. Not that I am in to any of the 'extra' rubbish that goes on. I just love following the Albion home and away. But it's getting to the enough is enough stage. Last night was pathetic. Pathetic minority of Palace fans, pathetic policing etc. Even some pathetic Albion bellends and their stupid posturing.

Good to hear that the decent Palace fans are also tiring of their ****tards. Let's see if the hierarchy at Palace actually do something and act on what went on in their end. I'm also looking forward to hearing my Palace supporting boss' account of his experience last night as he was in there with his wife and daughter.

I will be at the away fixture in April but I would not be unhappy with Easy's suggestion of no away fans next season if we meet again. It's got to the point now where it is just not enjoyable.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Palace fan of 45 years and can't disagree with that - brought some atmos to the ground but now becoming a huge embarrassment. They are acting like a firm, but aren't. They are going to come unstuck.

Glad the game is out the way tbh, Sounds like a draw was fair.

Honestly the away atmosphere was shocking last night, Previous games you have always sounded fairly loud, but last night was pathetic, I would want them morons out if they were attached to this club.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It really is time that someone, somewhere gave them a proper shoeing to teach them how to behave.
Unfortunately that is very unlikely to happen now as people know that if they get caught doing that (including CCTV) then they face a jail sentence. It, literally, "isn't worth it" - so any spotty goon or mouthy moron can mostly get away with what they want.

It will be the same in reverse when we go up there. It is just how it works now. Fun for them and often quite a bit shit for everyone else.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone right near those bangers/flares or whatever they were must surely have perforated their eardrums and suffered temporary hearing loss at least.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Honestly the away atmosphere was shocking last night, Previous games you have always sounded fairly loud, but last night was pathetic, I would want them morons out if they were attached to this club.

Some locked out, the decent ones inside peed off at the Palace idiots, crap game. Dunno? Wasn't there.

Not going to start to defend our lot but remember the huge mobs of tasty fellas Brighton brought to Selhurst in 2002 and 2005. I assume they were about last night?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone near those bangers/flares or whatever they were must surely have perforated their eardrums.

When the shutters came up in the away end after the game they threw one in the direction of Brighton fans near by. Was right near me and directly next to a fair few police horses. Disgraceful.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The whole thing is ridiculous. In this day and age fans of most other clubs come here, have a good day/weekend out, enjoy the City and the match, maybe some light hearted banter and have a general good time. Why does the derby match have to be any different?

The appalling behaviour of the identifiable minority of morons is wrecking the fixture for real fans, it has to stop. Palace must act to remove the ridiculous chavs from their club. They are directly responsible for the reduction in away ticket availability for both clubs. A thousand fans of both clubs miss out on perhaps the most important away game of the season, why do we tolerate this?

Isn't the best answer to all the vandalism and violence for those that go to Selhurst to behave impeccably and show the authorities and Palace that we're not animals? If the two clubs, supporters groups, fans and police work together, surely we can get to have a rivalry that everyone enjoys?

Both side rightly want to win and I think we all love the atmosphere of a big derby, but surely we can enjoy it without behaving like total retards?

It's now down to fans of both clubs to stop this crap so we can all enjoy the games. I lived in East Grinstead during the 70s and 80s, in those days of the big rivalry a lot of my friends were Palace and still are. There's no need for hate. Dislike maybe for 90 minutes but then shake hands and have a beer like grown ups.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some locked out, the decent ones inside peed off at the Palace idiots, crap game. Dunno? Wasn't there.

Not going to start to defend our lot but remember the huge mobs of tasty fellas Brighton brought to Selhurst in 2002 and 2005. I assume they were about last night?

I'd agree there are often groups of firms looking for trouble at games and BHA are just as bad on this front. The HF 'Ultras' are nothing like any of these groups and are just bellends as many of your own fans now see.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Kudos to our club for making an official statement, and acknowledging the fact that it is now a Police investigation. Sadly the Caravan club have yet to make the same. Utter clueless bellends.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great post and one I never thought I would agree with. Anyone who knows me would be amazed at my thinking that I would be happy to avoid going to their shythole ever again. Not that I am in to any of the 'extra' rubbish that goes on. I just love following the Albion home and away. But it's getting to the enough is enough stage. Last night was pathetic. Pathetic minority of Palace fans, pathetic policing etc. Even some pathetic Albion bellends and their stupid posturing.

Good to hear that the decent Palace fans are also tiring of their ****tards. Let's see if the hierarchy at Palace actually do something and act on what went on in their end. I'm also looking forward to hearing my Palace supporting boss' account of his experience last night as he was in there with his wife and daughter.

I will be at the away fixture in April but I would not be unhappy with Easy's suggestion of no away fans next season if we meet again. It's got to the point now where it is just not enjoyable.

Agreed. I can't even imagine what the policing bill would've been for the club, just to accommodate 2,000 (well, 2,000+ as it turned out) Palace fans last night. There was a convoy of meat wagons at the Amex as far as the eye could see, horses, an all-day police presence in town, a major operation at Brighton and Falmer stations, kettling. It must have cost a kings ransom, and it was still chaotic (although it did seem to suppress any major fisticuffs kicking off between fans, to my knowledge at least).

But honestly, whats the point ? You're right, its not enjoyable. I certainly wasn't looking forward to last night, and it thoroughly lived down to all my expectations. The whole circus surrounding this game is just so tiresome. I swerved the trains last night for the P&R instead, and was glad I did. Fortunately I have that option, but I know many are lumbered and have no choice. Delays, kettling, getting stuck with a bunch of posturing morons for an hour or two (on both sides), no thanks.

All just so 2,000 away fans can attend. Nah, not having it. Barber and CPFC2010 need to get together and issue a joint statement, knocking this on the head now. Enough is enough, we can't have this crap going on. Do the beambacks, but bin the away followings for this game. The thicko's just ruin it for too many people.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Agreed. I can't even imagine what the policing bill would've been for the club, just to accommodate 2,000 (well, 2,000+ as it turned out) Palace fans last night.

On the way out saw police vans from Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Essex & Kent. There was also the Met and BTP. Dogs and horses. So a small fortune. And they were totally hopeless. Wonder if there are grounds for withholding payment for breach of contract? The OB certainly didnt do what they were there to do,,,,prevent disorder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here