Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The whole thing is ridiculous. In this day and age fans of most other clubs come here, have a good day/weekend out, enjoy the City and the match, maybe some light hearted banter and have a general good time. Why does the derby match have to be any different?

The appalling behaviour of the identifiable minority of morons is wrecking the fixture for real fans, it has to stop. Palace must act to remove the ridiculous chavs from their club. They are directly responsible for the reduction in away ticket availability for both clubs. A thousand fans of both clubs miss out on perhaps the most important away game of the season, why do we tolerate this?

Isn't the best answer to all the vandalism and violence for those that go to Selhurst to behave impeccably and show the authorities and Palace that we're not animals? If the two clubs, supporters groups, fans and police work together, surely we can get to have a rivalry that everyone enjoys?

Both side rightly want to win and I think we all love the atmosphere of a big derby, but surely we can enjoy it without behaving like total retards?

It's now down to fans of both clubs to stop this crap so we can all enjoy the games. I lived in East Grinstead during the 70s and 80s, in those days of the big rivalry a lot of my friends were Palace and still are. There's no need for hate. Dislike maybe for 90 minutes but then shake hands and have a beer like grown ups.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I think you have to look at the state of society to realise that this is not something that
can be stamped out easily.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[Palace] Club Statement: Brighton Away

We have been made aware of a small group of supporters attempting to gain access to the Amex stadium last night without tickets while using bangers and flares.

This kind of antisocial and criminal behaviour is completely unacceptable and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There are very clear images of the incident and we will work with the police to identify the supporters involved, who will face stadium bans as well as potential criminal proceedings.

We would like to apologise to all the innocent supporters who arrived at the stadium with tickets but were denied entry and to the two stewards who were injured at the ground. We wish them a full and speedy recovery.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/club-statement-brighton-away/

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

We have been made aware of a small group of supporters attempting to gain access to the Amex stadium last night without tickets while using bangers and flares.

This kind of antisocial and criminal behaviour is completely unacceptable and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There are very clear images of the incident and we will work with the police to identify the supporters involved, who will face stadium bans as well as potential criminal proceedings.

We would like to apologise to all the innocent supporters who arrived at the stadium with tickets but were denied entry and to the two stewards who were injured at the ground. We wish them a full and speedy recovery.

Glad to see their admin people have more class than their chairman and "ambassador".

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Sensible statement from CPFC.

Both clubs should move to eliminate these issues at future fixtures, not just mitigate against or reduction. Completely eliminate.

Complete Away supporter bans should be considered.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There are very clear images of the incident and we will work with the police to identify the supporters involved, who will face stadium bans as well as potential criminal proceedings.
Good to hear. "Criminal proceedings" will include custodial sentences if any of the assaults can be proved.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the way out saw police vans from Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Essex & Kent. There was also the Met and BTP. Dogs and horses. So a small fortune. And they were totally hopeless. Wonder if there are grounds for withholding payment for breach of contract? The OB certainly didnt do what they were there to do,,,,prevent disorder.

You seem quite keen on blaming the police ...i'll lay it fair and squarely with the 'people' who caused it last night ..not much seems to have been said about the prematch stuff ...just before kickoff when the police were moving a large group of 'supporters from the station to the ground...posturing by both sets of fans ..beer cans being thrown ..abuse being shouted at the police...they did a pretty good job

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I got the train from East Croydon yesterday afternoon and the palace fans on it were openly talking about trying to force their way into the stadium so it was definitely planned.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Would be interesting to hear how many genuine ticketed fans didn't get in.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I got the train from East Croydon yesterday afternoon and the palace fans on it were openly talking about trying to force their way into the stadium so it was definitely planned.

As I was walking to the ground I was behind a group of Palace 'lads' who were talking quite loudly about not having tickets but finding a way in too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To any Palace fans that were left locked out with genuine tickets, it is impossible not to be sympathetic. They were probably looking at this fixture from the day they came out, and were lucky enough to have secured one of just 2,000 tickets. I missed the first 10 mins myself due to a work nightmare having originally left Surrey at 4.30 and was in the end very lucky not to miss the whole first half, thanks only to a saint of a taxi driver who got me there for not enough money very quickly. But it is the game I most wanted to see this season, I know how I felt being late, so I do completely understand the anger.

But while there may be blame to be discussed and perhaps eventually apportioned here and there for partial culpability by club/police, there can be no doubt where the main blame lies. On that small, idiotic band of ticketless Palace fans who came down with the sole pre-planned intention of storming a gate and causing trouble. They, as the OP says, have ruined the night for their own. Their behaviour in all aspects was dangerous, reckless and selfish.

And where my sympathy for these innocent party fans starts to slip away is when they fail to acknowledge that clear fact, and allow hatred of all things Brighton to cloud their judgment. The statement from CPFC is sensible, let's hope the likes of Parish and that idiot Bright don't dilute the message.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
A9029B5F-E0B9-425C-A6EE-B9181DE98569.jpeg

Bringing flares into football grounds should be condemned!

Think it was away at Peterborough a few years back when one of our flares ended up on the pitch.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It doesn't help when Parish's lap dog revels in the HF's reputation

[tweet]935639734361247744[/tweet]

Er, no. Not last night they weren't. I was surprised they were so quiet and plain bemused when they upped the noise levels on about 85 mins. Why bother then?

As for the other shenanigans, if I hadn't got into Sellhurst Park because a load of Albion without tickets had forced their way in, I know who my anger would be aimed at, and it's NOT Crystal Palace football club. Lessons will be learned by the Albion, but some of the stuff I've read on here – by people who seem to be experts overnight in policing, stewarding and crowd control is laughable. It seems to me they dealt with the situation the best they could, under the circumstances.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
but some of the stuff I've read on here – by people who seem to be experts overnight in policing, stewarding and crowd control is laughable. It seems to me they dealt with the situation the best they could, under the circumstances.

The simple fact is, there appeared to be ZERO contingency to deal with Palace fans at The Amex without tickets.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Tonight I'm off to see PSG play Troyes, not a big derby and there won't be more than a couple of hundred away fans. However, I still know that before I even get to the turnstiles my ticket will have been checked twice and I'll have been searched thoroughly. Maybe that's the way forward for big games in the UK?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
You seem quite keen on blaming the police ...i'll lay it fair and squarely with the 'people' who caused it last night ..not much seems to have been said about the prematch stuff ...just before kickoff when the police were moving a large group of 'supporters from the station to the ground...posturing by both sets of fans ..beer cans being thrown ..abuse being shouted at the police...they did a pretty good job

If they had done there job at the station then they would not of got to the Amex simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
But then they would have stormed the barriers at the train station shirley.

Surely if there was enough police , dogs horse at the station when they arrived they could of been detained in a large enough area and sent back . I was checked and scanned three times before I got into Old Trafford plus sniffer dogs on the walk about the policing last night and our own security checks of which I was not checked last night were and r a joke

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If they had done there job at the station then they would not of got to the Amex simple!

Hmm. You're not so big on the whole 'taking personal responsibility' thing, are you? You shouldn't need a police officer to tell you not to behave like a tool. Sadly when you lot come to town, it is often necessary.

Are you backing/condoning ticketless, trouble-making fans storming gates and stopping their own kind with tickets getting in? Yes or no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here