Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Oct 25, 2003
in Europe a lot of clubs have issues with ultras groups attempting to "take over" certain aspects of the club and alienating fans who aren't in their little gang, so maybe this is simply a continuation of the HF trying to rip off european "ultra culture"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has Disney made a statement or tweeted about this yet ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Why is it when i click the blue link i can't read whatever it is being said ? do i have to dress like i'm going to a funeral to read it ? , and who's Darren Balkham ? what's it got to do with him ? lastly is it ok to plant now for spring , thanks .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Last night the whole end were singing and making a lot of noise until a smoke bomb over the heads of our fans followed by the HF taking over the posistion behind the goal by kicking our fans out of their seats and then letting off bangers. From that point on the atmosphere died you couldn’t hear them as there were only about 50 of them and the rest of us stopped singing. It was not till nearer the end that things got going again with the rest of the fans."
That at least explains the mystery of how 2,000 Palace fans at our first PL derby match managed to make less noise than Barnet fans did in the Haribo Cup...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
"Organisation by @OfficialBHAFC a joke" Is this mong really arguing this is our fault that a bunch of his scumbag fans gatecrashed the place meaning our resources became stretched?

I don't like to say I feel bad for palace fans, but the ones who bought tickets were probably absolutely gagging to watch their team play their bitter rivals in our rather delightful stadium.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely this. The number of people I saw last night who said 'I hate this fixture' (Hi, Dave S - long time, etc) is beyond memory. I have done my last trip to shithole park. If we have to play this shower again next season I may give the home game a miss too. Crap football and a sea of teenage and geriatric numpties. No, ta. Too old for this.

Me too - It just seems to be getting worse. Last time I was at Selhurst we were kettled for ages by a cordon of mounted Met Police before being marched back to the station. No CPFC fans in sight The only effect was to enrage part of the Albion fanbase who pushed and charged the cordon, making everything dangerous for the rest of us who were getting crushed and just wanted to get home. I won't being going back. Having witnessed some of last night's antics inside and outside the stadium, I'd also be very happy to miss any future home matches against Palace, unless there's an away fan ban, or much, much more effective policing/stewarding. But to be honest, I don't see why the club should either incur the extra cost of the latter or indeed change the Amex's basic friendly approach to away fans, with low key stewarding, accessible turnstiles, a decent comfortable away end etc etc for the sake of one team's fanbase intent on causing damage, and intimidating all and sundry (including Brighton commuters and other locals not even attending the match). Better just ban them.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Parish needs to take responsibility as he has encouraged this culture and gets some kind of kick out of the coverage .
He is a classless fool who couldn't be magnanimous if he tried and needs to realise that clubs fans and the media are getting thoroughly bored of it now.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I wonder if they have any self awareness? Do they realise that hey aren't reliving the 'glory' days of the 70's and 80's but are infact a bunch of spotty virgins on a school trip who are the pet project of a spurs fan. It really is time that someone, somewhere gave them a proper shoeing to teach them how to behave.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I feel very strongly about the behaviour of the Palace idiots last night. For many reasons.

The most obvious to me - is that we are living in an age where events (be they concerts for kids, sports events, large gatherings of people) are targeted by nutters who like to explode things and fire machine guns. And kill people. How is it that pseudo explosions and fireworks might be considered a good idea in the age we live in now. Two blokes have an argument in Oxford Circus tube station on Black Friday and the whole of London is shut down. Palace idiots let off fireworks and flares inside a stadium and not one policeman appeared in the stadium - and the stewards stayed firmly in their places.

The Premier League, the FA and CPFC need to be seen to be taking strong and immediate action - and idiots like Mark Bright tweeting that it's all jolly japes need some serious education.

Fans storming gates, getting in without tickets but with fireworks - causing mayhem in the town and on transport..... are we back in the 1970's ?

By the way the normal searching of everyone entering the 1901 club worked perfectly last night - even if the odd one or two rascals were ejected for not having a collared shirt.

Paul Barber - this is one for you to do some serious thinking about and write one of your overlong missives to some people who can take real action on a vital subject.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I feel very strongly about the behaviour of the Palace idiots last night. For many reasons.

The most obvious to me - is that we are living in an age where events (be they concerts for kids, sports events, large gatherings of people) are targeted by nutters who like to explode things and fire machine guns. And kill people. How is it that pseudo explosions and fireworks might be considered a good idea in the age we live in now. Two blokes have an argument in Oxford Circus tube station on Black Friday and the whole of London is shut down. Palace idiots let off fireworks and flares inside a stadium and not one policeman appeared in the stadium - and the stewards stayed firmly in their places.

The Premier League, the FA and CPFC need to be seen to be taking strong and immediate action - and idiots like Mark Bright tweeting that it's all jolly japes need some serious education.

Fans storming gates, getting in without tickets but with fireworks - causing mayhem in the town and on transport..... are we back in the 1970's ?

By the way the normal searching of everyone entering the 1901 club worked perfectly last night - even if the odd one or two rascals were ejected for not having a collared shirt.

Paul Barber - this is one for you to do some serious thinking about and write one of your overlong missives to some people who can take real action on a vital subject.

Let's hope it will be handled with the same intelligence and common-sense that the ticket harvesting was eh! (intended sarcasm)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Paul Barber - this is one for you to do some serious thinking about and write one your your overlong missives to some people who can take real action on a vital subject.

all joking apart i actually believe that part ! , a nice soft cop , thank god nobody didn't drown after the pint of prosecco incident before k.o , hopefully a minimum 3 year ban on the way for that hoolie .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Classic post from their forum

I don think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying no policing, I'm advocating treating the game as a regular 'big game', without the military operations and hype.

For instance, I've a feeling myself that the 'storming of the turnstiles' is as much some kind of misguided two finger gesture at the decision to reduce the allocation as it was people just desperate to see the game. Almost a challenge, if you will.

The result? A vast empty block of seats in the away end, with 200 perfectly well behaved, long serving Palace fans with tickets standing outside. The behaviour of the gatecrashers is an irrelevance - the reduced allocation has served no purpose. None at all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here