Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Surely if there was enough police , dogs horse at the station when they arrived they could of been detained in a large enough area and sent back . I was checked and scanned three times before I got into Old Trafford plus sniffer dogs on the walk about the policing last night and our own security checks of which I was not checked last night were and r a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point. But these morons are as sharp as shite-house rats - in a kind of Dickensian gutter scum way and would
have found a way around.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Hmm. You're not so big on the whole 'taking personal responsibility' thing, are you? You shouldn't need a police officer to tell you not to behave like a tool. Sadly when you lot come to town, it is often necessary.

Are you backing/condoning ticketless, trouble-making fans storming gates and stopping their own kind with tickets getting in? Yes or no?

Any ticketless trouble making fans storming gates found ban for life or better shot . Just saying if more effort was made at the station then maybe it would not of got this far . Also I was checked , scanned searched sniffed a dog numerous times before I entered fold Trafford if found not to be in possession of a match ticket would not of got any where near and we had 3,000
Also when u say ulot what do u mean I’m a Bha season ticket holder that’s not missed a game Home or away this season

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Agreed. I can't even imagine what the policing bill would've been for the club, just to accommodate 2,000 (well, 2,000+ as it turned out) Palace fans last night. There was a convoy of meat wagons at the Amex as far as the eye could see, horses, an all-day police presence in town, a major operation at Brighton and Falmer stations, kettling. It must have cost a kings ransom, and it was still chaotic (although it did seem to suppress any major fisticuffs kicking off between fans, to my knowledge at least).

But honestly, whats the point ? You're right, its not enjoyable. I certainly wasn't looking forward to last night, and it thoroughly lived down to all my expectations. The whole circus surrounding this game is just so tiresome. I swerved the trains last night for the P&R instead, and was glad I did. Fortunately I have that option, but I know many are lumbered and have no choice. Delays, kettling, getting stuck with a bunch of posturing morons for an hour or two (on both sides), no thanks.

All just so 2,000 away fans can attend. Nah, not having it. Barber and CPFC2010 need to get together and issue a joint statement, knocking this on the head now. Enough is enough, we can't have this crap going on. Do the beambacks, but bin the away followings for this game. The thicko's just ruin it for too many people.

The club only pay for the Police inside the ground, not sure about the immediate vicinity outside. Certainly do not pay for the police at the train stations and in the city centre.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Any ticketless trouble making fans storming gates found ban for life or better shot . Just saying if more effort was made at the station then maybe it would not of got this far . Also I was checked , scanned searched sniffed a dog numerous times before I entered fold Trafford if found not to be in possession of a match ticket would not of got any where near and we had 3,000
Also when u say ulot what do u mean I’m a Bha season ticket holder that’s not missed a game Home or away this season

Sorry. Freedman on the brain, clearly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tonight I'm off to see PSG play Troyes, not a big derby and there won't be more than a couple of hundred away fans. However, I still know that before I even get to the turnstiles my ticket will have been checked twice and I'll have been searched thoroughly. Maybe that's the way forward for big games in the UK?

But to be fair French football has been the target for the Islamic nutters over there, so you would expect it!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Often for legitimate reasons I enter the Amex area without a matchday ticket. How will they threat those that are picking up from the club, a friend or those in hospitality that get given on arrival?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Would be interesting to hear how many genuine ticketed fans didn't get in.

They set off a flare by the turnstiles, apparently, which caused mayhem and the ticketless used that as an opportunity to get in.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Often for legitimate reasons I enter the Amex area without a matchday ticket. How will they threat those that are picking up from the club, a friend or those in hospitality that get given on arrival?

Yeah but 200 hooded away fans aren't all going to be meeting a friend are they?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A lot of this could have been prevented at the train stations by checking that they have a valid ticket and those who did not sent back.

Not a good idea at the station.

However a contra-flow to the away end, initial checks with police lines and any lingerers from our side swiftly dealt with may have been the answer. A few problems, perhaps, but a thought for the future.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If they had checks at the station where do you reckon they would have let the bangers off?

The wankers that thought letting off explosives at a football match is a clever thing will have just done it wherever the checks were.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is this the first derby game where Palace have injured more of their own fans than Brighton fans ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The club only pay for the Police inside the ground, not sure about the immediate vicinity outside. Certainly do not pay for the police at the train stations and in the city centre.

Well if the club aren't paying for it, we are.

Anyway, either way that should now be the end of ANY away allocation for Palace fans at the Amex from here on. They've got too many prominent thicko's now, its just not worth the hassle. Complete and utter circus before, during and after the game. I don't want them down here ever again.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Could never see TB acting like Parish, from top to bottom there is a massive difference between our two clubs. No doubt there are a large majority of decent Palace supporters, but last nights behaviour of that small minority is no longer acceptable, its starts with idiots posting the burning of our shirt by their son on the internet and conflagrates from there. This minority need to be routed out, banned and sent out to Afghan and have real fight. HF, who? Pathetic, wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds in the 70s.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well if the club aren't paying for it, we are.

Anyway, either way that should now be the end of ANY away allocation for Palace fans at the Amex from here on. They've got too many prominent thicko's now, its just not worth the hassle. Complete and utter circus before, during and after the game. I don't want them down here ever again.

I have a feeling that the Premier League would not allow a complete ban on away fans.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
its starts with idiots posting the burning of our shirt by their son on the internet and conflagrates from there.

It definitely didn't conflagrate in the video I saw.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really wanted Palace relegated*. After last night, I REALLY want them relegated, then all the bullshit goes away, for a hopefully a few seasons.

*they won't be, sadly - they're really not a bad side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here