Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Would you have been prepared to go into a crowd of Hooligans to expel one of them ? I don't think many of us on here would have done.

Definitely not. Do Sussex police wear body cams?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If that is meant to show people without tickets breaking through the turnstiles and stewards, then that is frankly unbelievably easy. :nono:

I think that is probably after the turnstiles had been breached and someone has opened the firedoors which the stewards are trying to prevent them coming in. I would have thought the lead up to that was not incredibly easy at all and involved the coordinated letting off of fireworks outside and inside on the concourse to cause max. confusion and distraction, while one or two got in, then released the fire doors.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly unconventional by why could they not lock the fire exit gates but leave a man with there with the key and the sole purpose to unlock it it should it be needed or even a combination number lock that is changed for each game and the number given to the relevant stewards in that area of the ground so that anyone of them could unlock it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Slightly unconventional by why could they not lock the fire exit gates but leave a man with there with the key and the sole purpose to unlock it it should it be needed or even a combination number lock that is changed for each game and the number given to the relevant stewards in that area of the ground so that anyone of them could unlock it.

Locking fire exits? :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No need to try to take the p..s I was only asking why it wasnt done. If we have invested in this CCTV it seems a waste of money if nothing is done with the information obtained.

Cctv is often viewed after the event to get evidence. Nobody has time whilst something is going on.

Uhm,
No, can't think of why.

As I said unconventional but if the person responsible for locking or unlocking it is standing by the locked door what is the problem and how long would be the delay, seconds or next to no time at all.
Don't be daft BG.

You CANNOT lock fire exits

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You're not real.

you CANNOT be real.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Just when I think your comments can't get any better and you come out with a real beauty like that. What an extraordinary mind you have. :ffsparr:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have said for ages that it's an algorithm. No-one, but no-one, can possibly be that stupid.

I think it might just be the greatest spoof account of all time.

I mean getting a Palace v Brighton game called off if they didn't get him a ticket was one thing. Locking fire exit gates though...that's just on a whole new level.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Erm I think I found the culprit for the vandalism ..

Actually, that wasn't too bad as far as these sort of things go - reasonable view of the game.. interestingly, he got back to Lewes just after 11 (appreciate he took a taxi,) having been held back for an hour.. I wasn't held back "officially" but only got back to Lewes 15 minutes before him!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great fishing, one of your better windups @BG.................. :fishing:

Good idea though, then if there is a fire (could happen, maybe if some clowns started setting of flares in the stands for example), when 3000 people are panicking to escape and crushed at the locked fire exit, the stewards could all shout to each other over the mayhem to see who remembers the number so one could calmly walk through everyone and unlock the combo lock and let everyone else out safely. Without a real test, there may be a potential issue with the Amex immediately losing it's fire certificate and being unable to hold public events when it gets inspected of course but that's a minor concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here