Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Why not if the man with the key is stood there specifically to unlock the door if needed with no other duties to detract him from his main duty. It would just mean a complete change of attitude towards fire exits.
To be honest I can see what your trying to say, but what if the person for what ever reason can’t unlock the door? Could create a stampede resulting in a hillsborough type of effect in a very short time, they wouldn’t have long to be able to unlock it if it occurred at half time etc. Would cause a much worse problem than it would solve.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why not if the man with the key is stood there specifically to unlock the door if needed with no other duties to detract him from his main duty. It would just mean a complete change of attitude towards fire exits.

And safety certificates too, I'd say.

If he's overcome by smoke ? Trampled in a panic ? Lost the key ? Wandered off ?

Blimey BG. Talk about inventing a whole new risk where once there was none.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
[MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] This is the photo/video I meant. It's hard for police and stewards to prevent fire exits being forced when this mayhem is going on.

It's not so simple is it [MENTION=26518]doogie[/MENTION]04

Yes, it is hard. That's what they're trained to do. Supposedly. Look, if you don't agree last night wasn't an avoidable and major security breach, fine. But it was and you're wrong.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Havent read all this thread so if its been mentioned I apologise.

According to the club we have the most advanced CCTV available and it can pin point every seat and more if required, so why did they not pinpoint the fireworks/smoke bomb perpetrator and throw him or her out after the first one was set off?

Perhaps the perpetrators, will be lifted once identified?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok my idea wasnt very good but having seen the door opened by a bunch morons no nothing supporters, what can we expect when some proper lunatic fans decide they want to get in. In the 70s there was always about 2000 Chelsea fans at all away matches without tickets as they knew the clubs would let them in as the Police didnt want that many on the loose in any town. We, like all clubs let them in to The Goldstone and in fact kept an area clear ready for when they turned up.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
And safety certificates too, I'd say.

If he's overcome by smoke ? Trampled in a panic ? Lost the key ? Wandered off ?

Blimey BG. Talk about inventing a whole new risk where once there was none.

I’ve worked in a building where all the fire doors are locked but are connected to the fire alarm system which electronically releases them in the case of fire.

Jan 30, 2008
Palace fan of 45 years and can't disagree with that - brought some atmos to the ground but now becoming a huge embarrassment. They are acting like a firm, but aren't. They are going to come unstuck.

Glad the game is out the way tbh, Sounds like a draw was fair.
they would of if they didn't have OB with them
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’ve worked in a building where all the fire doors are locked but are connected to the fire alarm system which electronically releases them in the case of fire.

What if there's a power cut ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's got such a punchable face, what a smug idiot.
Maybe someone could forward the video to the police, surely he's admitted to the crime?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fire alarm system works from a UPS battery bank - similar to computer servers.

A building is one thing, everyone there has regular fire drills. But when there are thousands of fans to evacuate quickly from a stadium, I think I'd be more comfortable knowing that the fire exits simply remained unlocked from the inside and open-able by a push, not reliant on being firstly unlocked by a fire alarm being electronically triggered.

The instances of idiots forcing their way in and opening a fire exit are so rare as to be a one-off, as I'm sure this will prove to be. Its simply not worth installing electronically-opening fire exits to eliminate a problem that never occurred before last night, and is highly unlikely to again.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
A building is one thing, everyone there has regular fire drills. But when there are thousands of fans to evacuate quickly from a stadium, I think I'd be more comfortable knowing that the fire exits simply remained unlocked from the inside and open-able by a push, not reliant on being firstly unlocked by a fire alarm being electronically triggered.

The instances of idiots forcing their way in and opening a fire exit are so rare as to be a one-off, as I'm sure this will prove to be. Its simply not worth installing electronically-opening fire exits to eliminate a problem that never occurred before last night, and is highly unlikely to again.

I agree with you regarding the cost v benefit of such a system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here