Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAO PC Darren Balkham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You've forgotten all about his role in the FBO orders dished out to Brighton fans for having the audacity to have the shit kicked out of them by Russian thugs in Marseille I take it.

As I understand it, he was only asked to identify faces in videos shown to him by other forces.

I've seen lots of complaints on Nsc today about one of our fans getting a three year ban for 'throwing a pint of beer'. Every post forgot to mention the possession of cocaine.
Why do you think that was?

PC Balkham is a Football Liaison Officer. He wasn't in charge last night. Read this statement from Sussex Police about the arrests made.

Chief Inspector Simon Nelson said: "I have been involved in football policing at all levels and have been a match commander for Albion matches for 12 years, but I have never come across such concerted attempts to cause disorder and engage in violent behaviour.

Chief Inspector Simon Nelson said: "I have been involved in football policing at all levels and have been a match commander for Albion matches for 12 years, but I have never come across such concerted attempts to cause disorder and engage in violent behaviour.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've seen lots of complaints on Nsc today about one of our fans getting a three year ban for 'throwing a pint of beer'. Every post forgot to mention the possession of cocaine.

I seriously doubt if anyone's ever had a banning order for having cocaine with them. Given the number of people that go to watch football every week, I'd wager that there's a fair few caught every week.

The test for me is "how would the police deal with the situation if it was a Saturday night in West Street"? Chucking some beer and having a bit of charlie on you would almost certainly lead to nothing more than a police caution and maybe an overnight stay in Hollingbury cells. Absolutely no-one, including the police, would think to ban that person from coming within 5 miles of West Street every Friday and Saturday night for 3 years. That though, is effectively what they've done with this bloke in question and it's only because it's football-related.

As I understand it, he was only asked to identify faces in videos shown to him by other forces.

PC Balkham is a Football Liaison Officer. He wasn't in charge last night. Read this statement from Sussex Police about the arrests made.

I've read it all thanks you patronising old woman.

You carry on thinking Balkham is wonderful, I'll carry on thinking he's a total fvcktard.

Go play with some crayons.

Jan 30, 2008

Brown tongue I see
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone else think the reports of a knuckle-duster and a knife being found on Palace fans is a bit unbelievable?

Carrying a knife to a football match? That's Go Straight To Jail and a lifetime ban. The Argus reports all the arrests and there were verbals, chucking something and someone being where they shouldn't have been. Where's the charge for carrying an offensive weapon? It doesn't just get confiscated like they do bottles of water outside the ground.

Can't help but think that Sussex Police are painting a story where they heroically battled against a huge army of Russian Ultras rather than 30 or 40 middle-class boys from Caterham and Dulwich.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I seriously doubt if anyone's ever had a banning order for having cocaine with them. Given the number of people that go to watch football every week, I'd wager that there's a fair few caught every week.

The test for me is "how would the police deal with the situation if it was a Saturday night in West Street"? Chucking some beer and having a bit of charlie on you would almost certainly lead to nothing more than a police caution and maybe an overnight stay in Hollingbury cells. Absolutely no-one, including the police, would think to ban that person from coming within 5 miles of West Street every Friday and Saturday night for 3 years. That though, is effectively what they've done with this bloke in question and it's only because it's football-related.

Come off it. The person in question will have been in and around numerous 'events' on police and other cctv - a bit like our masked wankers in the South yesterday. Ripe for a judicial slap. I invited his mate to get him to explain on here how he isn't bang to rights for being too cocky a nob, and got no response. I am astonished you are leaping to his defence. Let it go.

If you are picked up in similar circs (minus the beer throwing - that's not you), being the mild eloquent considered bloke I know you to be, I am sure you'd be able to explain to the court that the marching powder was just to help you enjoy Coleridge. Jobza goodun. :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone else think the reports of a knuckle-duster and a knife being found on Palace fans is a bit unbelievable?

Carrying a knife to a football match? That's Go Straight To Jail and a lifetime ban. The Argus reports all the arrests and there were verbals, chucking something and someone being where they shouldn't have been. Where's the charge for carrying an offensive weapon? It doesn't just get confiscated like they do bottles of water outside the ground.

Can't help but think that Sussex Police are painting a story where they heroically battled against a huge army of Russian Ultras rather than 30 or 40 middle-class boys from Caterham and Dulwich.
Damage limitation in full swing
regards
DR

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

My thoughts exactly, as I said on another thread (shame there are so many threads covering last night)

IF, there were people carrying knives etc. why was there no mention of weapons when the the six arrests were announced?

So what happened, did the AU leave their weapons piled up outside thinking they could pick them up afterwards?

As for the video of them breaking through the turnstiles, why were no police there? I don't blame the stewards whatsoever, they are paid peanuts to do a crap job. The police should have been there to, well, police. The culprits are easily identifiable and let's see how many of them Palace ban.

I spoke to a Palace friend today, he didn't go last night, but said he, and most of those he goes to Palace with are fed up with the AU and thinks Parish has got far too close to them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Come off it. The person in question will have been in and around numerous 'events' on police and other cctv - a bit like our masked wankers in the South yesterday. Ripe for a judicial slap. I invited his mate to get him to explain on here how he isn't bang to rights for being too cocky a nob, and got no response. I am astonished you are leaping to his defence. Let it go.

If you are picked up in similar circs (minus the beer throwing - that's not you), being the mild eloquent considered bloke I know you to be, I am sure you'd be able to explain to the court that the marching powder was just to help you enjoy Coleridge. Jobza goodun. :thumbsup:

It's not a criminal offence to associate with trouble-makers though...except if you're a football fan. I'm not defending what he did at all. It was stupid, puerile and he deserves a punishment. What I am moaning about though is that it's just plain wrong and unfair that disorder, which in any other situation would be dealt with with a bit of common sense and is proportionate to the crime suddenly becomes Kafkaesque when it's football-related.

He is bang to rights but apply the law fairly is all I ask.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Totally false in my view, to show some begrudging respect I cannot believe any CPFC fan would be that much of a numb nut to bring a knife to a game.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
that's as maybe, I like to think I was a 'nice bloke' when I was with Sussex Police, but with the intelligence available nowadays, there should not have been so much 'aggro' last night. Not all Albion supporters live in Brighton and I was astounded that I sat in the coach park for a full 30-40 minutes to get out.
I await with interest the visits of the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal supporters.......

I'm sure your experience with Sussex Police differentiates between

1) The Club Liaison Office specifically selected for his love of football and given the job of effectively Public Relations for all things Albion (does a fantastic job)
2) Whoever was in charge of "intelligence" and organisation the Police operation.

Sorry about your experience of the coach park. We were out the coach park very quickly and I actually got home quicker than the last home game.

.. and I obviously don't live in London either.

I'm not a great fan of the Police regarding football and me and my brother had a terrible experience years ago at QPR. That's how I first got talking to PC Balkham. Firs thing he did was apologise.

We are very lucky to have him. He has to do his job but "gets us".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There must have been some sort of intel reports from the Met police given to Sussex police, for the moronic so called ultras!
If the OB are not sure who is who, then it's fine by me in kettling that group of fans back to the train station.
The cowardly types will soon drop their black get up, to blend with the normal fan, to avoid detection.
I'm sure there's ex / working Police on here who could give their views, apart from the usual suspects.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Not sure what we expect our Police Football Liaison Officer to see or do while he sits up in the ivory tower box in the North West Corner..
If only Bozza had made it to the meeting a couple of weeks ago.
We might at least know what on earth they were discussing in this.
Instead come Saturday there will be a total overkill in searches made on US......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here