Aug 15, 2017
Ryan 8

Suttner 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bruno 7

Izquierdo 5
Pröpper 7
Stephens 6 (bumped up for being slightly better towards end of second half)
Knockaert 7

Groß 6

Murray 6

Hemed 6
March 6
Brown n/a

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Wide views on Knockhaert. He really does divide opinion. The person sitting next to me thought he was playing really well. I didn't rate him as highly. He did attack brilliantly at times but some of his decision making and execution was very frustrating. He's like a flawed genius. TBH if he didn't have the flaws, Albion would have been at the back of the queue.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Having watched on tv I seem to have a different view to most people.

Ryan 7 Fantastic double save.
Bruno 6 Solid but nothing more.
Duffy 6 Struggled more than Dunk
Dunk 7 Our best defender. Had the measure of Benteke, great positioning, good performance
Sutner 6 Very little link up playbut made two very good challenges in the second half.

Knockaert 6 Had moments where he looked like he was going to ter them a new one. More moments where he didn't.
Propper 6 struggled with the hustle in the first half, better in the second when the game opened up a bit.
Stephens 7 Contrary to most people's opinions I thought he was excellent in the first half. He worked his nads off denying space and tackling and was fine on the ball. Had an iffy first 20 to the second half but got back on it after that.
Izquierdo 6 There's a really good player waiting to come out here. He just hasn't settled fully yet. When he gets the hang off what we want from him/the premier league he's going to be a real handful, he's just not on the same page with the rest of the team at the moment.

Gross 6 Huffed and puffed but didn't get close to blowing down any straw houses

Murray 6 Slow start but got better as the game wore on.

I'd give man of the match to Dunk or possibly Stephens.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Don't let me stop you from continuing to post scores, but I updated the spreadsheet:

Your man of the match - for the third time this season - is Mat Ryan with 7.50.
2nd was Markus Suttner with 7.08.
3rd was Anthony Knockaert with 6.93.

Worst performer - Glenn Murray with 5.80, though he was ran pretty close.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8221228 said:
It was a poor performance against a poor side, hence the poor marks! I thought all our front players were poor, and the wingers in particularly slowed the game down too much cutting inside constantly. 6 being average...

Ryan 7
Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 6
Suttner 6
Stephens 6
Propper 6
Gross 5
Izquierdo 5
Knockaert 5
Murray 5

That would be my marking also as I thought that it was poor performance by 2 poor sides both scared of each other and of losing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
view from central WSU

Ryan 7 Fantastic double save but did not have much else to do
Bruno 6 did not have the drive going forward that he has shown in previous games and when he did come forward not easy to play a pick a pass/cross. No issues defensively and usual good positioning
Duffy 6 no real issues a couple of mistaked balanced by his usual good heading
Dunk 7 Thought he handled Benteke reasonably well missed a couple but did more than his share. Not sure why he got booked as he really had not done much to get it.
Sutner 6 Thought he was very solid and joined well with attacks.

Knockaert 6 Really mixed bag, some good work defensively but then some odd moments of not chasing back but just shrugging his shoulders. Not as incisive as last year (not surprisingly) so may need to rethink how he is used some poor dead ball kicks and corners.
Propper 6 some brilliant passing followed by some very poor passing but works hard to recover. think he should play further forward
Stephens 6 i think he was ok like the others some bad passes and some good ones
Izquierdo 6 Not sure we understand how to play him, i don't think he is a natural in defensive role unlike March or AK

Gross 5 Not sure why his free kicks are so much better than his corners. Should have buried the shot not limply passed it back.
Murray 5 Really looked off the pace and probably uncomfortable. did a great defensive header just before being substituted.

Hemed, Brown & March really did not have the time to establish themselves

Personally we seem to have got stuck in a rut based on our prioritising defence over attack and playing 4 4 2 even when our wingers are not playing well as attacking wingers. We then have Gross playing very deep and we have no outlet other than a slow target man (Murray/Hemed). If we want to score more goals then our two forwards have to play upfront together....

Jul 7, 2003
Wide views on Knockhaert. He really does divide opinion. The person sitting next to me thought he was playing really well. I didn't rate him as highly. He did attack brilliantly at times but some of his decision making and execution was very frustrating. He's like a flawed genius. TBH if he didn't have the flaws, Albion would have been at the back of the queue.

To use a cricketing term, I'm wondering if Knocky is a bit of a flat track bully. Wingers are often inconsistent but this season he seems to do some good stuff where it doesn't matter but his end product generally has been very poor. I have feeling that he is too wound up in trying to prove himself at the top level. He is over hitting passes and crosses as if he is too tense. He is also arguing a lot with is team mates - especially Murray - and it was noticeable on Tuesday that the management team kept on shouting at him in the first half to keep his position.

I hope he can loosen up and go back to the Knocky we all love from the championship.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Some strange marking going on here I think.

Ryan 8 Crucial double save and good handling, which had been his weankess.
Bruno 6 No impact going forward but a couple of good runs, just not happening at the moment for him.
Duffy 7 Beastly and heroic as usual. He's paid his fee a hundred times over, deserves a song.
Dunk 7 A few misplaced passes but solid as ever and so much quality. He's our next captain.
Suttner 7 One quality cross and several forward runs, he offered more going forward just in the first half than Bong has offered all season. No contest for me, he's the better player by a distance and wasn't troubled defensively, albeit he was never really attacked by the Diver and Loftus-Cheek had no interest in going after him.
Knockaert 6 So much work rate, so much effort - top marks for determination but no impact again.
Stephens 8 Yes, a few misplaced passes but they were forward passes. He was magnificent second half, that is his A game.
Propper 8 Quality game, again. Rarely wastes a pass, moves like a gazelle and a bit tough on the quiet as well.
Izquierdo 5 Poor performance and his head is so very down right now, despite his goal last week. Plenty of games to come.
Gross 6 Getting in Knockaert's way too often, he either needs to be higher up the pitch and closer to Murray, or deeper to get on the ball. He's in no mans land, but could have scored and he does get into good positions. No question he's keeping anyone out of the team, but we need to get more out of him.
Murray 5 It hurts me to write a 5 next to his name. But he was awful, won a few headers but offside multiple times and not for the first time this season.

The subs are unrateable, no impact and that's a massive disappointment. Brown has been poor so far, but there's a player there. 5/10 minute cameos are not enough to judge him on, it was plenty to see that Akpom is a fraudster but Brown isn't Akpom.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Some strange marking going on here I think.

Ryan 8 Crucial double save and good handling, which had been his weankess.
Bruno 6 No impact going forward but a couple of good runs, just not happening at the moment for him.
Duffy 7 Beastly and heroic as usual. He's paid his fee a hundred times over, deserves a song.
Dunk 7 A few misplaced passes but solid as ever and so much quality. He's our next captain.
Suttner 7 One quality cross and several forward runs, he offered more going forward just in the first half than Bong has offered all season. No contest for me, he's the better player by a distance and wasn't troubled defensively, albeit he was never really attacked by the Diver and Loftus-Cheek had no interest in going after him.
Knockaert 6 So much work rate, so much effort - top marks for determination but no impact again.
Stephens 8 Yes, a few misplaced passes but they were forward passes. He was magnificent second half, that is his A game.
Propper 8 Quality game, again. Rarely wastes a pass, moves like a gazelle and a bit tough on the quiet as well.
Izquierdo 5 Poor performance and his head is so very down right now, despite his goal last week. Plenty of games to come.
Gross 6 Getting in Knockaert's way too often, he either needs to be higher up the pitch and closer to Murray, or deeper to get on the ball. He's in no mans land, but could have scored and he does get into good positions. No question he's keeping anyone out of the team, but we need to get more out of him.
Murray 5 It hurts me to write a 5 next to his name. But he was awful, won a few headers but offside multiple times and not for the first time this season.

The subs are unrateable, no impact and that's a massive disappointment. Brown has been poor so far, but there's a player there. 5/10 minute cameos are not enough to judge him on, it was plenty to see that Akpom is a fraudster but Brown isn't Akpom.

Duffy has a song...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Manually. Work is pretty quiet at the moment!

I wonder if Bozza could construct some sort of input panel which would list the players in the game , allow for marks 1-10, comments and a marker for MOTM... which could be then out put as a CSV file which you could pull in.

Attachments

• player.pdf
    76.8 KB · Views: 19

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 8 Superb double save & faultless throughout
Bruno 6.5
Duffy 6.5 Possibly not a popular view but despite being imperious in the air as always, I think Shane looks shattered atm. Was very close to giving away pens twice
Dunk 7.5 Benteke's still shaking from that tackle
Suttner 7 He's not as powerful as Bong but very efficient display
Stephens 6.5
Propper 7.5
Knockaert 6.5 Improving but still getting us into trouble
Izquierdo 7
Gross 6.5
Murray 6

March 6
Hemed 6
Brown 6

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports