Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] FAO man of West Stand Upper; re Racism.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have to say I'm getting increasingly pissed off that anyone nowadays who can see the difference between right and wrong, can spot overt or latent racism a mile off, who doesn't want to tolerate sexual abuse and who doesn't believe that free speech extends to obnoxious, bile spewed hatred is a "leftie" or a "snowflake". I think "decent human being" would perhaps be a better term.

Lets face it there is no logic that can be applied to these kind of situations, to try and deny racism in this example is patently not going to bring one any joy so what is left? Vague meaningless name calling is probably all that is left once the paper thin intellectual argument has been quickly exhausted.

People who continue with the crap you describe are floundering to say the least.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lets face it there is no logic that can be applied to these kind of situations, to try and deny racism in this example is patently not going to bring one any joy so what is left? Vague meaningless name calling is probably all that is left once the paper thin intellectual argument has been quickly exhausted.

People who continue with the crap you describe are floundering to say the least.

Pot calling the kettle black?

ETA

How are you getting on with Milo down your neck of the woods?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Just for clarification - is it your opinion that it isn’t racist to imply someone has aids or ebola because of their African heritage?

Is it only Africans that can get Aids or Ebola then?......just for clarification?
Pretty sure anyone can get either disease so therefore cannot be racist!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
This isn't racism (for me).

A Brighton fan shouts abuse at an opposition player.

If he was welsh & got bah or sheep shagger or French about garlic or onions or ginger etc etc. That isn't racist - but because zaha is black you feel it must be because he is black

Spot on mate!

But didn’t you know that if you say anything to anyone who’s a ‘minority’ you’re a racist or any other kind of ‘ist’!!!......
And then the legions of do gooders will believe it’s their moral duty to stomp their feet and make an issue out of it because they think it gives them some sort of moral high ground and anyone who dares have an opinion of their own and disagree are then labelled a what ever ‘ist’ as well!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
This isn't racism (for me).

A Brighton fan shouts abuse at an opposition player.

If he was welsh & got bah or sheep shagger or French about garlic or onions or ginger etc etc. That isn't racist - but because zaha is black you feel it must be because he is black

Wow.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bringing this back to a more factual level. You implied that you heard this chant from a few rows away, in a packed, very loud stadium. Where do you sit, as it would follow that a good 50-100 people also have heard this. I do not want rasist chanting or abuse in my club, can anyone else verify this offensive chant and help identify the person. Or was this just internal voices, put out on the internet as fake news, helping to stir up trouble on a fans forum. I hope the MODs read this thread with this in mind.
You're the ultimate snowflake :lolol:
It's not racist end of and you and your many followers who get offended are becoming an embarrassment to this country as all you want to do is get offended and to complain....Facking boring shite and cringeworthy.:facepalm:
I'm more concerned by how the many snowflakes turn out the way they do.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
By that definition the slave trade wasn't racist.

It's like people are going out of their way to prove my point...!!!!
Please enlighten us as to how my comment of asking if it's only Africans that can catch AIDS or Ebola, which clearly isn't the case and how you established some sort of connection to the slave trade to try and back up your arguement came about?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's like people are going out of their way to prove my point...!!!!
Please enlighten us as to how my comment of asking if it's only Africans that can catch AIDS or Ebola, which clearly isn't the case and how you established some sort of connection to the slave trade to try and back up your arguement came about?

You said "Pretty sure anyone can get either disease so therefore cannot be racist."

By the same rationale, anyone could be a slave so it is perfectly fair game to use slavery to abuse black people.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
You said "Pretty sure anyone can get either disease so therefore cannot be racist."

By the same rationale, anyone could be a slave so it is perfectly fair game to use slavery to abuse black people.

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say?
And who the hell shouted abuse towards Zaha about being a slave? Nobody!!!
And who mentioned anything to do with black people being slaves other than you? Nobody!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here