Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] FAO man of West Stand Upper; re Racism.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
**** me this thread is depressing.

Do you think this moron who was shouting would have thrown those ebola and AIDS insults at Mike Dean for example? No of course not.

It's 100% racism. It's not generation snowflake or part of the game or banter or "what is racism really though". It's like saying making monkey noises isn't racist because some monkeys have white fur.

Idiots.

Spot on, I can't believe what I'm reading, it's clearly racism and should have no place in a football ground or anywhere else. It's pathetic and depressing that people think it's acceptable.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Was the colour of his skin mentioned in the chanting? If not, then it's just a comment directed at a player and people being a bit too precious and jumping on the "I feel like I should be offended so I'll tell everyone on NSC I'm offended even though I have absolutely no reason to be offended" bandwagon.

I think if Palace had chanted "youve all got Aids" or similar at us, it would be seen as homophobic, dontcha fink?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bringing this back to a more factual level. You implied that you heard this chant from a few rows away, in a packed, very loud stadium. Where do you sit, as it would follow that a good 50-100 people also have heard this. I do not want rasist chanting or abuse in my club, can anyone else verify this offensive chant and help identify the person. Or was this just internal voices, put out on the internet as fake news, helping to stir up trouble on a fans forum. I hope the MODs read this thread with this in mind.

Exactly what I was thinking. Nothing on twitter, no one else reported it, the OP says they don’t know where it came from.
Fake news is starting to be more prevalent as the thread goes on.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This isn't racism (for me).

A Brighton fan shouts abuse at an opposition player.

If he was welsh & got bah or sheep shagger or French about garlic or onions or ginger etc etc. That isn't racist - but because zaha is black you feel it must be because he is black

All the above is racist offensive puerile and factually incorrect

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Hmm. Who did you used to post as? Not someone who recently flounced but can't resist getting involved by any chance. That's not a question that requires an answer, btw.

Again,another pointless post with no counter argument.As I said go and find someone else to lose an argument with.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Again,another pointless post with no counter argument.As I said go and find someone else to lose an argument with.

Thought so. Nice try. Your phrase "little bitch insults" you used on me earlier is one you have used at least 5 times to various posters in your previous guise.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's plenty of material you can work with with someone like Zaha. His penchant for the turf and desire to get close to it at all times being an obvious example. Which makes you wonder why the individual in question chose to sing about AIDS and Ebola, two diseases primarily associated with the continent of Africa, if it wasn't racism.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Also, the argument that "oh, he never mentioned skin colour therefore ergo accordingly thus then so he cannot be racist"

By this token I could walk up to a black person and call them a cotton picking criminal. I wouldn't of course for two reasons: I'd get my head kicked in and, more importantly, I'm not a racist.

And it would be racism, despite the fact I'd not mentioned colour. Context is key you halfwits.

(Note to the mods, this is one of those posts where I'm genuinely unsure if I'm going to get a mod-related kicking so apologies ahead of time)

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Why should he? When some lunatic starts mouthing off few of us have the right combination of conversational persuasiveness AND some self defence training (just in case) to justify playing the active citizen. Not sure what point you are trying to make, here :shrug:

The point I'm trying to make is what is the point of complaining on a forum after the game but staying silent at the time.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It's racist.I'm sorry you don't have the brain cells to figure it out.

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

It doesn't get remotely close to any of these it merely contains the word "white"

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

It doesn't get remotely close to any of these it merely contains the word "white"

Thankyou for going to all that trouble to try and win an argument.I'm touched it's so important for you to be right
however the fact still remains that it is a racist title.You know it but you can't bring yourself to admit it.

Now let that be it and go away.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Thankyou for going to all that trouble to try and win an argument.I'm touched it's so important for you to be right
however the fact still remains that it is a racist title.You know it but you can't bring yourself to admit it.

Now let that be it and go away.

Its probably going to be a challenge for you to walk upright today

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
If zaha was white (african or British convert playing for african nation football team) - would the alleged shouting still be deemed racist?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here