Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] FAO man of West Stand Upper; re Racism.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Ive only heard such a thing at one other game, where a group of about five of our finest were attempting repeatedly to get the song "Bolasie's got Ebola" during and after a match. For some obscure reason, I my memory is telling me this was at QPR (bizarre considering he's not played for either us or QPR. I put it down to drunken idiocy, and was pleased to note that nobody else joined in with them. Bolasie being another black player of African descent, of course. Curious, that.

I loathe Zaha and everything he represents as a footballer. He's a diver, a cheat, and a whining little idiot who'd do well to spend less time sobbing to the referee and more time trying to play actual football.

However: making comments to him about Ebola is, transparently, racially motivated and therefore entirely unacceptable. I'm glad he didn't have to hear that shit.

Why werent these comments directed at other players (loftus cheek, ashley young etc etc). Is it because they havent been to africa?

How is joking about someone getting an illness on their travels racist?

Have you ever joked about shagging a ladyboy in thailand? Or getting the shits in India? Pissed in ireland?

Jason puncheon took a dump during game & gets jokes abouy that - is that racist in your (narrow) book?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Why werent these comments directed at other players (loftus cheek, ashley young etc etc). Is it because they havent been to africa?

Have you ever joked about shagging a ladyboy in thailand? Or getting the shits in India? Pissed in ireland?

Jason puncheon took a dump during game & gets jokes abouy that - is that racist in your (narrow) book?

I think most people would accept that making comments about African people in conjunction with Ebola is racist. The FA certainly did in connection with the case of the coach of the England women's team and the bullying thing towards the black player whose name escapes me.

And not everyone is making jokes all the time about the things you list. I never have. But it's racial stereotyping and therefore quite possibly/probably offensive. There will be Irish people who will be ok about jokes about getting p1ssed, there will be plenty of others who will be sickened by it.

As for jason Puncheon taking a dump during a fame, as far as I know there are no major associations between black pelple and taking a dump during a game - and that is the point.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
A lot of trolls on this thread. Nobody can be that thick. It's plain simple obvious trolling. Come on NSC, don't give them the attention they crave, just slap them on the ole ignore list.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A lot of trolls on this thread. Nobody can be that thick. It's plain simple obvious trolling. Come on NSC, don't give them the attention they crave, just slap them on the ole ignore list.

Not sure they are trolls - just completely uneducated / unexposed to what constitutes racism.

The obvious has been made illegal, but the "educated" racist will find another way. What you are reading is some posters struggling to catch up with the educated racist.

They'll get there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shouldnt we all just have a pop about his ridiculous hair, facial expressions, diving, moaning like a kid & stupid bulging eyes?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Give it up mate, absolute ****ing joke.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
typical lefty view eh
regards
DR

Have to say I'm getting increasingly pissed off that anyone nowadays who can see the difference between right and wrong, can spot overt or latent racism a mile off, who doesn't want to tolerate sexual abuse and who doesn't believe that free speech extends to obnoxious, bile spewed hatred is a "leftie" or a "snowflake". I think "decent human being" would perhaps be a better term.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It wasn't screamed at RLC and Young, yet, because Zaha is THE hate figure and is African.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure they are trolls - just completely uneducated / unexposed to what constitutes racism.

The obvious has been made illegal, but the "educated" racist will find another way. What you are reading is some posters struggling to catch up with the educated racist.

They'll get there.

Like definition creep never happens with people obsessed with racism, Or wether this person was spitting bile or just sledging? Nuances like that dont matter when you can launch ad hominem responses to smear people instead of questions. There is nothing special about racism as one of many social patholigies and you and others who attempt to fetishise the topic will be held to the same standards of scrutiny wether you like it or not.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
"Overt and latent racism" "educated racism" lol

Citations needed.

Sounds like conspiracy theory parlance

My personal view rather than picking holes in the anti-racist cult on here.
If he was spitting bile I would either have confronted the bloke or told a steward(Would he try to get on the pitch?), if he was a bit pissed and bantering I would just ignore it.

Sometimes people become the thing they most hate, ie a narrow minded Zealot.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good to see looney has moved this one on to - 'Is racism really THAT bad' and 'It's ok to be racist if you have been annoyed by a football match or are pissed'

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Have to say I'm getting increasingly pissed off that anyone nowadays who can see the difference between right and wrong, can spot overt or latent racism a mile off, who doesn't want to tolerate sexual abuse and who doesn't believe that free speech extends to obnoxious, bile spewed hatred is a "leftie" or a "snowflake". I think "decent human being" would perhaps be a better term.
of course you're pissed off, no one likes the truth
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here