Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] FAO man of West Stand Upper; re Racism.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Chanting about Wilfried Zaha having Ebolba and/or AIDS is both incredibly racist and and/or futile. He can’t hear you from the top of the stands; those who can hear you, however, include nearby Albion supporters of African descent.

Public service announcement concluded. Have a word with yourself.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Did you say anything to him?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Chanting about Wilfried Zaha having Ebolba and/or AIDS is both incredibly racist and and/or futile. He can’t hear you from the top of the stands; those who can hear you, however, include nearby Albion supporters of African descent.

This isn't racism (for me).

A Brighton fan shouts abuse at an opposition player.

If he was welsh & got bah or sheep shagger or French about garlic or onions or ginger etc etc. That isn't racist - but because zaha is black you feel it must be because he is black

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Have a word with yourself. That isn't racism:facepalm:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

A Brighton can shouts abuse at an opposition player.

If he was welsh & got bah or sheep shagger or French about garlic or onions or ginger etc etc. That isn't racist - but because zaha is black you feel it must be because he is black

This

You have AIDS or Ebola.

Because you are black.

Isn’t racist?

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea

A Brighton can shouts abuse at an opposition player.

This

Just for clarification - is it your opinion that it isn’t racist to imply someone has aids or ebola because of their African heritage?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
No it isn't.

Stevie Coppell has VD. You telling me that's racist ?

Stevie Coppell has VD because he did some terrible things with a horrible, infectious organism.

Your assumption is that a person from Africa automatically has Ebola or AIDs.

Do you see the slight difference?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

A Brighton fan shouts abuse at an opposition player.

I fear you may be confusing Nationality with Race.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stevie Coppell has VD because he did some terrible things with a horrible, infectious organism.

You are being offended on behalf of others. No mention of skin colour being used but you have come to the conclusion he was being racist. FFS well done.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Do only people from that heritage get these diseases? or can anyone from any race, religion, etc, and originating from any part of the world also able to catch these, if exposed?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
You are being offended on behalf of others. No mention of skin colour being used but you have come to the conclusion he was being racist. FFS well done.

So if someone keeps using the ‘n’ word, I should just keep to myself and think ‘oh well, not my issue’.

And your second point, is anyone using Ebola and AIDs to insult a white player?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So if someone keeps using the ‘n’ word, I should just keep to myself and think ‘oh well, not my issue’.

And your second point, is anyone using Ebola and AIDs to insult a white player?
You never mentioned the word ****** being being used. Are you going to keep coming out with more lies from your original post ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t be so ****ing stupid. No one is chanting this to white players.

Actually I had a mate as an away fan thrown out of Withdean for singing Casper Ankergren has aids. He’s now a policeman...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here