Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] FAO man of West Stand Upper; re Racism.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
More to the point, how many people of white heritage have got ebola, it is a disease which, the majority at least, consider to be a disease mostly associated with black people - largely because of the out break in Africa. The key word there is Africa, not with Sierra Leone or Liberia, hence the statement was not intended at Zaha because he is from a certain region, hence it has been said based on the colour of his skin and his race, not his country of origin.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
For some reason it's not acceptable to hurl racist abuse at some races but at others,I'm thinking europeans,then it's accepted far more.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
More to the point, how many people of white heritage have got ebola, it is a disease which, the majority at least, consider to be a disease mostly associated with black people - largely because of the out break in Africa. The key word there is Africa, not with Sierra Leone or Liberia, hence the statement was not intended at Zaha because he is from a certain region, hence it has been said based on the colour of his skin and his race, not his country of origin.

I wouldn't bother trying to explain. We all know it's racist. Couple on here are just playing dumb.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Please tell me you're not this stupid?

However stupid I am you are about 10 levels below.

Do you honestly think you would be dealt with in the same way if you called a black person a n....... as opposed to if you called a French person a Frog or an Italian a Wop?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
However stupid I am you are about 10 levels below.

Do you honestly think you would be dealt with in the same way if you called a black person a n....... as opposed to if you called a French person a Frog or an Italian a Wop?

Hmm. I definitely would not be dealt with in the same way. And I'll tell you for why.
For a start they're the same race as me and secondly the N word has far, far more historical context than calling someone a frog.
Now, go away. You're far too stupid to get into this with someone like me.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
**** me this thread is depressing.

Do you think this moron who was shouting would have thrown those ebola and AIDS insults at Mike Dean for example? No of course not.

It's 100% racism. It's not generation snowflake or part of the game or banter or "what is racism really though". It's like saying making monkey noises isn't racist because some monkeys have white fur.

Idiots.

This. Anyone who thinks this isn’t racist or defends it is a racist. Stop the disingenuous nonsense, it’s not nearly as clever as you think.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Bringing this back to a more factual level. You implied that you heard this chant from a few rows away, in a packed, very loud stadium. Where do you sit, as it would follow that a good 50-100 people also have heard this. I do not want rasist chanting or abuse in my club, can anyone else verify this offensive chant and help identify the person. Or was this just internal voices, put out on the internet as fake news, helping to stir up trouble on a fans forum. I hope the MODs read this thread with this in mind.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Being told I take it up the bum at virtually every game I've ever been to since the early 90's is simply part of being a Brighton fan. I didn't find it upsetting back then and I still don't. If you find it's all getting a bit much for you then may I suggest a little retail therapy or maybe get your nails done to take your mind of the unbearable anguish you must be suffering at hearing things that aren't factual being said by people you don't know.

I'm also still waiting to hear how this alleged chanting was in any way racist. Saying someone has AIDS or ebola has absolutely nothing to do with race. Did the alleged offender mention his skin colour?

You truly are a repugnant person, aren't you...

As said, I would not have come on here to post what the Op did, but have been rather annoyed by some of the mindless comments on here...yours included.

Clearly homophobic and racist chants are OK in your book...

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Hmm. I definitely would not be dealt with in the same way. And I'll tell you for why.
For a start they're the same race as me and secondly the N word has far, far more historical context than calling someone a frog.
Now, go away. You're far too stupid to get into this with someone like me.

Pathetic weak argument.Historical context bull.Racism is racism.Every nationality deserves the same amount of respect.
Being black gives you no more right whatsoever to be treated with more respect and consideration than a European.

As for the N word,let's not go into the hyprocrisy of blacks using this with each other.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Pathetic weak argument.Historical context bull.Racism is racism.Every nationality deserves the same amount of respect.
Being black gives you no more right whatsoever to be treated with more respect and consideration than a European.

As for the N word,let's not go into the hyprocrisy of blacks using this with each other.

Please allow me to recommend "Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race" by Reni Eddo-Lodge for some enlightenment.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You're a moron. Go away. Bzzzz, bzzzzzzz.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wouldn't read a book with a racist title but thanks anyway.

Hmm. Who did you used to post as? Not someone who recently flounced but can't resist getting involved by any chance. That's not a question that requires an answer, btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here