Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] FAO man of West Stand Upper; re Racism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do only people from that heritage get these diseases? or can anyone from any race, religion, etc, and originating from any part of the world also able to catch these, if exposed?

The insinuation is clearly a racist one. Much like when Mark Sampson told Eni Eluko to make sure her Nigerian relatives "did not bring ebola to a game at Wembley".

If you can't see how that has racist undertones then you need to give your head a wobble.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Those who are saying it's not racist, may remember Sampson got sacked from the England women's job for exactly the same thing.

It is insulting someone entirely due to their ethnicity.

As for the OP, did you have a word with a steward at half time? They maybe could have listened out for more abuse. Posting it on NSC isn't going to help anyone.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Those who are saying it's not racist, may remember Samoson got sacked from the England women's job for exactly the same thing.

L

No he didn’t.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another poster rushing to your defence and not reading the op's post. I give up :ffsparr:

Just read it again. It seemed to suggest someone was chanting at Zaha that he had aids. OBVIOUSLY anyone with a brain knows he's chanting that because Zaha is black. In what insane world is that not racist?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just read it again. It seemed to suggest someone was chanting at Zaha that he had aids. OBVIOUSLY anyone with a brain knows he's chanting that because Zaha is black. In what insane world is that not racist?

You can’t reason with arrogant, bold statement loving idiots like him. Most on this board have noted his ridiculous daily posts.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don’t be so ****ing stupid. No one is chanting this to white players.

Are you presuming that is the case, or do you know that for a fact that there hasn't ever been a case of that this chant material has being used towards a white person anywhere?

btw- i am not saying it's an acceptable chant for someone to use, but just asking why you assume that someone singing that their target has these diseases is purely connected to their being a black player, like it's an exclusive thing?.

It could simply be that they hate the person their are aiming it at and may have said the same thing regardless of either parties skin colour. (again not saying that this is the case in this particular instance)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you say anything to him?

Why should he? When some lunatic starts mouthing off few of us have the right combination of conversational persuasiveness AND some self defence training (just in case) to justify playing the active citizen. Not sure what point you are trying to make, here :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you presuming that is the case, or do you know that for a fact that there hasn't ever been a case of that this chant material has being used towards a white person anywhere?

btw- i am not saying it's an acceptable chant for someone to use, but just asking why you assume that someone singing that their target has these diseases is purely connected to their being a black player, like it's an exclusive thing?.

It could simply be that they hate the person their are aiming it at and may have said the same thing regardless of either parties skin colour. (again not saying that this is the case in this particular instance)

Name the countries that have had outbreaks of Ebola in the last five years.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The insinuation is clearly a racist one. Much like when Mark Sampson told Eni Eluko to make sure her Nigerian relatives "did not bring ebola to a game at Wembley".

If you can't see how that has racist undertones then you need to give your head a wobble.

The quote i responded too:
Your assumption is that a person from Africa automatically has Ebola or AIDs.
I replied
Do only people from that heritage get these diseases? or can anyone from any race, religion, etc, and originating from any part of the world also able to catch these, if exposed?

My point was that the post i replied to seems to imply that it is an exclusive thing which struck just one race and therefore will only ever be directed at someone of one race - i disagree (maybe i should have highlighted that section to make it more obvious) Not everyone will think person with AIDS = African person. and people shouldn't automatically assume Ebola = exclusively affecting Africans only

I've heard people wishing someone else got aids and died before, and it wasn't anything to do with the colour of their skin or their ancestry. Ebola is the recent deadly disease to make headlines, so is it beyond the realms of possibility that someone may wish this nasty disease on someone else (again regardless of either parties skin colour) and it not being down to their being of a particular race?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It's the same as chanting 'you know what you are' to Ashely Cole. Insidious and only done by people who think they are being clever but are fooling no one.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Name the countries that have had outbreaks of Ebola in the last five years.

Outbreaks?, or also countries where someone has displayed signs of the disease (including relapses?) after catching it and returning to their country of origin, and therefore meaning that the disease could be present, but dormant within the host, and has the possibility of it being passed on? (the nurse in the UK had to go back in for further treatment after symptoms returned)

It's mostly associated with Africa, but that doesn't mean people visiting Africa from other parts of the World (regardless of race) are unable to catch it if they encounter it. The post i quoted seemed to imply it was exclusive

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The quote i responded too:

I replied

My point was that the post i replied to seems to imply that it is an exclusive thing which struck just one race and therefore will only ever be directed at someone of one race - i disagree (maybe i should have highlighted that section to make it more obvious) Not everyone will think person with AIDS = African person. and people shouldn't automatically assume Ebola = exclusively affecting Africans only

I've heard people wishing someone else got aids and died before, and it wasn't anything to do with the colour of their skin or their ancestry. Ebola is the recent deadly disease to make headlines, so is it beyond the realms of possibility that someone may wish this nasty disease on someone else (again regardless of either parties skin colour) and it not being down to their being of a particular race?

You can dance around it all you like, but you know as well as I do that if there is some oaf hollering abuse from the stands at a black player about ebola and AIDS, given the well known origins of those particular diseases, there is a higher-than-likely chance that it is being spewed as a racist insult. So don't insult my intelligence or your own by defending it through mealy-mouthed semantics over who can contract it.

If some scumbag decides to wish a deadly disease on a black player, then there are any number of ones they could select that do not originate in Africa.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Outbreaks?, or also countries where someone has displayed signs of the disease (including relapses?) after catching it and returning to their country of origin, and therefore meaning that the disease could be present, but dormant within the host, and has the possibility of it being passed on? (the nurse in the UK had to go back in for further treatment after symptoms returned)

It's mostly associated with Africa, but that doesn't mean people visiting Africa from other parts of the World (regardless of race) are unable to catch it if they encounter it. The post i quoted seemed to imply it was exclusive

I’ve not heard many chants about Scottish nurses was my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here