Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Peno at the end?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On the highlights just now they said Duffy made a bit of a meal of it but ‘you just can’t do that’ in terms of the arm fullly round his waist by the druggy. I’d say 50/50 seen them given. Ref didn’t want to give it last kick of game. Only showed one replay with difficult angle.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I’d be keen to know your thoughts after seeing it on TV.

Seen them given, also the shove by Duffy on Zahaha could also have been given by a different ref! Didn't know about Dunk's near post back heel, feck me he was unlucky.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seen them given, also the shove by Duffy on Zahaha could also have been given by a different ref! Didn't know about Dunk's near post back heal, feck me he was unlucky.

Yeh I think the back heel may have got a slight deflection. Only watched the 2nd half highlights & it really was all us but I’d say they shaded first half for sure. Weird game. Our fans sounded great though...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Penalty was bang level with me, clearly grabbed by the player and pulled down. But it would have been a bold ref who'd have given it in the last minute.

Mind you, Murray's effort that was cleared off the line was an obvious shove that no-one picked up on

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seen them given, also the shove by Duffy on Zahaha could also have been given by a different ref! Didn't know about Dunk's near post back heal, feck me he was unlucky.

That Duffy shove on Haha was a sight to behold.as he clattered into the advertising hoarding....but also I was a little surprised he got away with it...anywhere else a freekick

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Penalty was bang level with me, clearly grabbed by the player and pulled down. But it would have been a bold ref who'd have given it in the last minute.

Mind you, Murray's effort that was cleared off the line was an obvious shove that no-one picked up on

Mariner gave us very little on the night

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
That Duffy shove on Haha was a sight to behold.as he clattered into the advertising hoarding....but also I was a little surprise he got away with it...anywhere else a freekick

Indeed. There's a big difference between a subtle barge and shoving someone in the chest with both hands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dunk’s push on Zaha was an even more obvious penalty imo.b

Dire game and a fair result. Old school derby

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
it was more or less in front of me, looking on from the North. Not a penalty - i mean Duffy of all people getting pushed over?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not how I saw it at all. He was hauled to the ground.

If that was a penalty, what about Duffy manhandling zaha in the first 10 minutes and shoving him into the hoardings...that was a 100% stonewall penalty.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Definitely a pen in my opinion - right in front of me. Can’t understand why the lino didn’t give it - he had a perfect view. But then we were lucky to get away with the shove on Zahaha in the first half.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure it relevant that you have never player the game but your knowledge is.
Which one is it? or are you PPF in disguise?

Peno is a very, very well used abbreviation for penalty and always has been. If you’d played you’d have heard it before. Go start an argument in an empty room rather than pointless shit on here :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sadly the ref was already waiting to blow the whistle when the goal-kick gets taken, and wasn't about to throw in a last minute BIG decision. My first thought was PENALTY, immediately followed by, "nah, he won't give it this late." Like a bad tackle in the 2nd minute of the game, you have a great chance of avoiding a red simply because of when it happens. Shit, but true.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My lad was watching a foreign stream that highlighted the incident and showed replays. His assessment 'would have been very, very soft, but Sakho pretty stupid to take the chance'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here