Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should RR and fan zone be dropped for certain games?

I think if the club spent some more time trying to make it so that fanzone ramps up the noise it could be good. It needs a refresh I think.

Put your hands up for Brighton is AWFUL. BIN IT
Great Escape - Alright.
That nanana Brighton one is pure cheese. Especially when the "drop" kicks in. What are we supposed to dance? BIN IT
Hey Jude - often gets the opposition fans more warmed up than the Brighton fans. So you hear a mixture of "Brighterrrrnnn, Paliissssss and Hey Juuuuude" BIN IT.

I like the idea of a vocal warm up despite it being a bit tinpot. But using actual songs don't work for me on most occasions. Some suggestions.

Some suggestions:
- The banging pattern that guy in the north stand does when we get a corner. Pump that through the PA 10 or so times.
- Start off the chant with a recorded version of the fans singing. Play a drum beat to keep it going for a while - The "we all follow Brightnovablion one" for example
- Maybe... maaaaaybe try something where the stands compete against eachother. It would be hard to make it anti-cringe, but it's possible
- Get a better song in for the kids to wave their flags and get on the TV. I know they love it and they should get their chance to be on the big screen. But play something better. Change it every week it doesn't matter. But please just bin 'Put your hands up for Brighton'. Please.

Ok I'm done.

Just asking when the atmosphere is buzzing if they could adapt the pre-match build up,most games it helps but last night the volume was great from the north stand/wsu i assume(i was s/w)then it got drowned out. That's it really,no agenda just didn't need it last night.

Oct 25, 2003
I absolutely hate fanzone but the kids seem to like it (it's not really aimed at me in fairness)- maybe have a re-think about the songs used.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Nonsense. Atmosphere was great and we need the ramp up to get us going especially midweek. Ramp up being consistently good is one of the reasons we get good atmospheres and not a library.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well said.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
When they've tried in the past to let the atmosphere grow on its own, all you could really hear 15 minutes before kick-off was a lot of people slurping their pints. The music could do with a bit of a rethink perhaps.. or maybe start slightly earlier.. but seems to generally get the place buzzing quite nicely, even though it's pretty tacky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here