Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Darren Balkham says not his problem, yet happy to ban a fan for throwing a pint ! About time fans sized up the police are not our friends

Have they ever been? Never seen a game so heavily policed and yet when flares and fireworks were being let off they were nowhere to be seen.

I have commented on the incompetent cowardly stewards on another thread.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
you make it sound like hand grenades were going off every 5 minutes.... they were smoke bombs or flares small enough to conceal down a sock, in pants, etc. Whilst searches act as a deterrent and would expect to find knives, etc they cannot be expected to be 100% perfect. And how would the stewards frogmarch "everybody in the vicinity of" for a proper search?
Get real - this is football, not a Royal Wedding.

I take it you're something to do with the failed security team? Go tell it to the board and the football authorities. 'Oh it was only smoke bombs or flares, not hand grenades'. Good luck with that :wave:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have they ever been? Never seen a game so heavily policed and yet when flares and fireworks were being let off they were nowhere to be seen.

To be fair there is a public order issue with going into a crowd and picking fans out. They must be confident they’ve got good clear CCTV.

Either way FSF will be involved and make sure both clubs and police made to look into it and improve

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yawn & bore off.

Fair play to them. The most interesting thing to have happened.

Flairs should be legal / standard- not reviled

Maybe rockets like the one that killed the person in Wales. They could have been anything.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I spoke with two Met Pol and asked why neither the Police nor the stewards did anything at all, not even eject the Ultras who could clearly be seen letting these things off. They said that there were other things happening in the stadium which were taking all the resources - although not them apparently - but they said they would investigate after the match by viewing CCTV.

LOL Yeah right! Coz the Met never lie do they?

So what was going on in the stadium that was more dangerous than letting off flares and fireworks? Anybody got a clue?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

They were agency stewards brought in by Crystal Palace I was told by our stand manager.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The ineffective soft touch modern approach, of keeping the police out of it if at all possible.

Doesn't work when its hatred between fans.

The police have the training, armoury, protective gear and legal powers to crush offences by weak 19 year old cowards.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We handled this game like amateurs. Must have known what their lot are like. Why no sniffer dogs for ‘explosives’ ? Would have got pyros.

Happy to stick a drugs dog outside 1901 though !

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Sorry but another example of cowardly steward ing and policing. They don't waste any time evicting home fans for far less. Just pathetic and unfortunately predictable. Our club need to answer to this, not just the hoodied idiots the caused it all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Steward mate says they got nicked at full time. Would be interesting to hear if this is the case quite what happens. Surely palace will issue bans if they have any ounce of class in them...

There was a group being kettled between the West Lower outside exit and North Stand outside exit at about 10.20 when we left the bar. Couldn't see who they were as the OB were getting very aggressive with anyone who went near them. Looked about the right size for the ultra group though & some black hoodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind the health and safety, those explosions were distracting for the players and could have swung the result. One went off just behind Ryan as Palace swung in a corner while the double save from Ryan was seconds after another bang.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
you make it sound like hand grenades were going off every 5 minutes.... they were smoke bombs or flares small enough to conceal down a sock, in pants, etc. Whilst searches act as a deterrent and would expect to find knives, etc they cannot be expected to be 100% perfect. And how would the stewards frogmarch "everybody in the vicinity of" for a proper search?
Get real - this is football, not a Royal Wedding.

Do YOU need the reality check?

We had a fan banned for throwing a pint of beer. What do you think would have happened if we had started letting off flares and fireworks in the NS eh? They are either illegal and the law should be enforced, or we should be allowed them too. One or the other.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Not just Argentine and Italian fans with fireworks. I love watching these games with all the fireworks going off. The Djurgarden - AIK derby in Sweden looks amazing with all the fireworks etc.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sorry but another example of cowardly steward ing and policing. They don't waste any time evicting home fans for far less. Just pathetic and unfortunately predictable. Our club need to answer to this, not just the hoodied idiots the caused it all.

Post of the evening. Hope Barber has got plenty of P45s for the cowardly incompetent stewards.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Then you're trying to defend the indefensible for no good reason. Well done :clap2:

defend the indefensible? I await the facts (and you've side stepped my question about how the stewards would frogmarch the ultras and conduct full body searches)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here