Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Flares and pyrotechnic devices inside stadiums are very dangerous and they can reach extremely high temperatures,” inspector Matt Ashmead from the Metropolitan police’s central football unit said.
“There is a very good reason that they are banned from football matches, as they can cause horrific injuries and can also be frightening for the many young fans that attend matches.
“Some fans might think that setting off a flare is a good way to support your team, but it is putting yourself and fellow fans at risk.”

Any clearer buddy

From the horses mouth!

And that's exactly why the police and stewards should have acted immediately the first flare was let off.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
From the horses mouth!

And that's exactly why the police and stewards should have acted immediately the first flare was let off.

What should they have done? Someone lights a flare then drops it, who do you take out ? I understand your point but it is impossible to actually put into practice.

Then 10 stewards go in to a crowd of 2000 which causes more problems, crushing etc....

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Pretty sure the reason they all dress alike is to make Police CCTV hard work as 50 people of similar age in similar clothes are quite hard to distinguish. Makes banning orders for pyro etc hard to stick.
Yes, good point, agreed. I guess I am thinking for any future actions/initiatives that CPFC and their fans want to take to start disowning the group and therefore their actions.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
We handled this game like amateurs. Must have known what their lot are like. Why no sniffer dogs for ‘explosives’ ? Would have got pyros.

Happy to stick a drugs dog outside 1901 though !

There were signs around Old Trafford on Saturday stating that pyrotechnic detector dogs operate in this area (or similar wording).

Supposed we had none or were just under prepared

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There were signs around Old Trafford on Saturday stating that pyrotechnic detector dogs operate in this area (or similar wording).

Supposed we had none or were just under prepared

I saw 2 pyro sniffer dogs there last night, shortly after I left you as it happens.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are the FSF really trying to shift the blame for last night away from the homesdale ultra goons ? ???

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Atilla on the local radio this morning saying how great the Palace Ultras are and how he wishes we had more like them!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What should they have done? Someone lights a flare then drops it, who do you take out ? I understand your point but it is impossible to actually put into practice.

Then 10 stewards go in to a crowd of 2000 which causes more problems, crushing etc....

Throw a bucket of water over them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Pretty sure the reason they all dress alike is to make Police CCTV hard work as 50 people of similar age in similar clothes are quite hard to distinguish. Makes banning orders for pyro etc hard to stick.

Why don't we invite them to Russia for the World Cup. The Russian ultras would be petrified seeing this example of the finest top English boys!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I thought the fireworks/bangers were good

The amount of people moaning about it is embrassing. It created a small bit of atmosphere in an otherwise pretty lifeless game. North stand sang well though. So young Palace lads opened a fire exit or jumped turnstiles to get in ? It’s up to them isn’t it? Nobody on here done anything slightly naughty before ? A lot of saints on here today. To be fair I think all that affected their atmosphere as they are normally much louder than that.

Football is way to sanitised these days.

Jan 30, 2008
Darren Balkham says not his problem, yet happy to ban a fan for throwing a pint ! About time fans sized up the police are not our friends
some idiot was only calling him a legend a while back on social media NEEDS TO GET A PAIR OF CUBAN heels for Christmas so he can see what's really going on
regards
DR

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We should have told Palace fans to produce their tickets when leaving. Those without should have given their name and address, which would be checked against the ticket sales. All of this should have been filmed. Those suspected of entering without a ticket should have been arrested.

Jan 30, 2008
a few bangs and a bit of smoke ,:laugh: silly pricks came down took some photos got wrapped up ,that's the story in a nutshell
regards
DR

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We should have told Palace fans to produce their tickets when leaving. Those without should have given their name and address, which would be checked against the ticket sales. All of this should have been filmed. Those suspected of entering without a ticket should have been arrested.

Fred Smith
Pikey Street
Croydon.

Yea that idea would have worked.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My diabetic mate had his insulin bah searched ffs how did they get fireworks In!?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

When I'm searched, the person searching me often finds my asthma inhaler in my pocket and asks me what it is, which I tell him, but not once have I been asked to take it out and prove it is what I say it is.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Atilla on the local radio this morning saying how great the Palace Ultras are and how he wishes we had more like them!
No surprise there. Attila loves all that Euro-twaddle.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Why is he a spokesman for our supporters every time there is something to debate. He is a boring knobhead and yes I have spoken to him.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Not forgiven. The shirt is terrible, but she is pretty. It's unworthy of you to post that.
This isn't a gronk board.
Seconded, bad choice of shirt but let's not demonise perfectly nice people for a team they support, isn't that partly what's led to all this nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kjgood

How does an away team bringing thier own stewards work? Stewards are provided by the responsible person on site to look after the H&S of people coming onto site and the club and unfortunately the MD has a duty of care for everyone entering the site. Stewards are trained on site and part of that training includes site knowledge, evacuation procedures, first aid etc.etc.

So how can we hand over the H&S of visitors to the other teams stewards when on our site? yes i see assistance on trains and stations, but once a person walks up the ramp from the station he/she becomes our responsibility. The responsible person cannot say not our problem, they sent thier own stewards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here