Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So glad to see the back of cpfc and their hilarious 'ultras'. Grown men all dressed in black like Russia hoolies. Embarrassing. Setting football back 30 years. Hospitalising stewards is low, even for them.

Oct 25, 2003
Funny how they didn’t have these problems whilst in the championship. It’s almost like ... gasp ... they are a bunch of bandwagoners.

To be fair, I suppose most of them would’ve only been 10 back then.

no- there's no way any of this can be true. Everyone knows that Selhurst has been sold out at every game FOREVER and it's only "plastic" teams that see attendances rise when they've been promoted....given how much they bang on about it, theres no WAY palace could be lumped in with these other clubs is there?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
we is going to come to your town and really scare you,our gang is going to all dress in black and we will bring paint and stickers,nigel has also got some bangers and smoke bombs,so be scared brighton cause we is ultras. nigel aged 13

If only you said "Nigel, aged 13 and 5 mumphs!" would've rounded it off nicely.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Yawn & bore off.

Fair play to them. The most interesting thing to have happened.

Flairs should be legal / standard- not reviled

Flares and pyrotechnic devices inside stadiums are very dangerous and they can reach extremely high temperatures,” inspector Matt Ashmead from the Metropolitan police’s central football unit said.
“There is a very good reason that they are banned from football matches, as they can cause horrific injuries and can also be frightening for the many young fans that attend matches.
“Some fans might think that setting off a flare is a good way to support your team, but it is putting yourself and fellow fans at risk.”

Any clearer buddy

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Perhaps not the fashionable line of thought but my first one was "god, imagine if you are in that away and are just a normal person who wanted to come along and watch their team".

It would drive me mad.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I am a bag of contradictions this morning! Part of me blames both sets of supporters who feel that they have to take to video/social media to "justify" the rivalry to the wider footballing public by explaining just how much they "hate" the other club, which helps to set a stage for those who are intent on building their "reputations" amongst like-minded others. No-one outside of the two clubs cares, and why should they? But ultimately, Crystal Palace as a Club now have to decide how they want to react to the evidence before them and how they want to progress, as will Brighton, but as others have pointed out, CPFC appear to have embraced the development of the "Ultra" element,no doubt with intentions to help foster an atmosphere that they believe will help the team - loud, intimidating etc.. However, these "Ultra" chaps fortunately wear a uniform, presumably so that they can stand out, recognize each other and present an air of intimidation and even organization - militia style. The Club should act, in communication with other elements of the Fan base, not because of the specifics of last night, because this is a fixture that brings out the T**Ts on all sides but on the broader direction that this group have been heading which mandates that they need to go to ever increasing extremes to build the reputation for intimidation . It reminds me of the cosy relationship that the old Cardiff owner appeared to have with their hooligan element many years ago. The CPFC fans should demand action by their Club on that specific group in a coordinated way and make their own stand. This is all my interpretation, so any of the regular Palace posters have a view or can offer a different perspective, would be interested to hear it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Arrests last night... seems pretty Sussex focussed?

'A Sussex Police spokesman described the operation as 'challenging', and said: ' By 11.30pm, six people had been arrested.

'A 26-year-old man from South Croydon and a 15-year-old boy from Brighton were both arrested on suspicion of throwing or discharging a missile.

'A 51-year-old man from Worthing and a 30-year-old man from Horley were both arrested on suspicion of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour.

'A 45-year-old man from Portslade was arrested on suspicion of being a football spectator failing to comply with a banning order and a 41-year-old man from St Leonards-on-Sea was arrested on suspicion of homophobic abuse.''

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Looking forward to hearing Mr barber take on all this hoping he starts with that he has sacked the stadium safety officer what a joke in this day and age they can either force there way in or not be checked . Always quick to slate our own fans Mr barber lets c what happens here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree. Paul Barber's high-handed indignation about pretty much everything is really going to be tested here. Here.... is a really important subject which needs serious action by the Premier League, the FA and CPFC. NOW. Get writing Paul - and let's see action taken. Explosions.... in a football ground.... in this day and age ? When terrorists are killing people at events everywhere. Sorry but there needs to be strong action taken. Mark Bright - it isn't jolly japes you idiot.

In other news - people ejected again from the 1901 club for not wearing a collared shirt on a freezing night. Grow up BHAFC.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Arrests last night... seems pretty Sussex focussed?

'A Sussex Police spokesman described the operation as 'challenging', and said: ' By 11.30pm, six people had been arrested.

'A 26-year-old man from South Croydon and a 15-year-old boy from Brighton were both arrested on suspicion of throwing or discharging a missile.

'A 51-year-old man from Worthing and a 30-year-old man from Horley were both arrested on suspicion of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour.

'A 45-year-old man from Portslade was arrested on suspicion of being a football spectator failing to comply with a banning order and a 41-year-old man from St Leonards-on-Sea was arrested on suspicion of homophobic abuse.''

Suspect there might be more northern balance once the video has been analysed. More widely, seems like the goons might have reached a watershed with the HF - quite a backlash from their own support overnight and today on social media as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted last night.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The searching at the Amex is a total farce, its really nothing more than a token gesture with the sole purpose of making it look like security is important and giving the right impression. It basically consists of a disinterested steward quickly and lightly wiping his or her hands on your arms and torso occasionally squeezing a pocket and mumbling "mobile phone", "keys" or something similar. If you have a bag they have a quick peek inside without really searching it and squeeze it in random places looking at you quizzically as they try to guess whats inside like its some kind of fecking lucky dip game! You look back at them and mutter, "Kids drinks mate", "Large bag of revels fella" etc and in you trot.

I'm extremely confident that if I possessed such items and was so inclined I could smuggle pretty much anything I wanted into the stadium so it really is no surprise that pyros and rook scarers were so easily brought into the stadium particularly as they were probably brought in by the dozens of ticketless palace that forced their way into the away end. I have to say the scale of those explosions was genuinely concerning and in the current times we live in totally unacceptable. That they continued throughout the match should not have been allowed without at least some sort of intervention, and on this I think the club and stewarding have failed massively and ought to be held to account. I'm not going to blame the police because they don't have responsibility for what happens inside the stadium and will generally only get involved if serious disorder occurs and at the request of the club/stewards. Ultimately though the people to blame are the moronic Palace fans that created the entire scenario and they should be identified, sought out and face charges for public order offences not to mention assault and anything else appropriate.

I think the club failed in its duty of care for all the law abiding and peaceful fans of both clubs tonight, they should admit this and apologise.

Spot on and I cannot understand why given they were being set off deliberately at key moments in the game a stadium announcement was not put out saying the game would be held up and players removed from the pitch until it stops. Given the times we are in this kind of thing being allowed to go on in the crowd is really poor form and the lack of action taken was astonishing. At the end of the game they were still letting them off within metres of police. Palace will not do a thing as others have said the club actively support these goons and Parish has shown his lack of class over poogate so fully expect them to be plastering this all over their twitter feed in the coming days.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So when your kid gets a french banger in the face and has to walk around like Niki Lauda for the rest of his life you'll be happy to say it's all part of the 'fun'? What a cock. :wanker:

Your last few words sums up your limited vocabulary and explains why you have completely missed my point.....which was (in simple words) it is difficult to detect small devices in a security search in the limited time available.
I didn’t mention people getting injured.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Crystal Palace Football Club statement:

“We have been made aware of a small group of supporters attempting to gain access to the Amex stadium last night without tickets while using bangers and flares. This kind of antisocial and criminal behaviour is completely unacceptable and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There are very clear images of the incident and we will work with the police to identify the supporters involved, who will face stadium bans as well as potential criminal proceedings.

We would like to apologise to all the innocent supporters who arrived at the stadium with tickets but were denied entry and to the two stewards who were injured at the ground. We wish them a full and speedy recovery. Any supporters with legitimate, unscanned match tickets should email either a picture of the ticket, or the unique seven-digit ID number on the ticket, to boxoffice@cpfc.co.uk, together with their personal details, and arrangements will be made for a refund”.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
can't disagree with that. apart from the pc dickhead bit. the massive police presence did little to actually stop the 20/30 idiots that were causing problems. Having a very loud "thing"
(bird -scarer...no way...) explode nearby when families are DIRECTED to walk past those idiots is frankly unacceptable

Agree totally including PC D------d.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
However, these "Ultra" chaps fortunately wear a uniform, presumably so that they can stand out, recognize each other and present an air of intimidation and even organization - militia style.

Pretty sure the reason they all dress alike is to make Police CCTV hard work as 50 people of similar age in similar clothes are quite hard to distinguish. Makes banning orders for pyro etc hard to stick.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pretty sure the reason they all dress alike is to make Police CCTV hard work as 50 people of similar age in similar clothes are quite hard to distinguish. Makes banning orders for pyro etc hard to stick.

Eactly why, during the match, Sussex Police should have sent along a bunch of vans and they should all have been rounded up and processed upon attempting to leave the Stadium. They haven't a hope in Hell of getting mnore than one or two of them after the fact. They'd have better luck playing Jenga with their bellends.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
To be fair there is a public order issue with going into a crowd and picking fans out. They must be confident they’ve got good clear CCTV.

Either way FSF will be involved and make sure both clubs and police made to look into it and improve

Might agree for other forms of disorder but this was a serious and significant safety issue. And it scared the shit out of young kids. They could have thrown a flare at our fans. Or at our keeper. The smoke could affected our keeper / defenders and resulted in them scoring.

So many reasons why the OB should have taken IMMEDIATE action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here