Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well that lived up to all the hype...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Game or atmosphere?

Game-wise they really pressed us harder than any other team has. Our quick passing was off and it reverted into an aerial physical battle that Palace wanted all along. Only in the last 20 did it turn into the game I thought it was going to be, with slicker passing by us and them hitting on the break. Shame we couldn't have played like that in the first half and chances would have come.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Anyone who expected a fast, free flowing, attacking game of football is a bit dim really. It’s a derby game against two teams scraping for points - one of which are huge long ball merchants. Was about the game I expected.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
All 'local derbies' either go two ways.
Blood and thunder or bore draw.
We should have more conviction in ourselves to score.
A point is a point :)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
4 points from our last 4 home games against moderate opposition (or in Evertons case, a team in disarray). 10th s good and all that but I fear in hindsight we might regret some of those results. Let's hope I'm talking bollocks.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
A poor game of association football. Still, another point on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Game or atmosphere?

Game-wise they really pressed us harder than any other team has. Our quick passing was off and it reverted into an aerial physical battle that Palace wanted all along. Only in the last 20 did it turn into the game I thought it was going to be, with slicker passing by us and them hitting on the break. Shame we couldn't have played like that in the first half and chances would have come.

Bang on. They edged the first half, we were better than them 2nd. We had the better chances and improved as the game went on but didn’t do enough to win it. Seen us better, seen us worse. Palace def in a false position now - much better under Hodgson but they have some good players like Benteke & Cabaye who turned up tonight. Just remember their wage bill is prob double ours. I’ll take the point cos we didn’t lose to that lot - and they have a lot more work to do this season than us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All 'local derbies' either go two ways.
Blood and thunder or bore draw.
We should have more conviction in ourselves to score.
A point is a point :)
I'm not gutted but I'm not ecstatic, draw was probably right, plus the first game ever I can't give the officials grief

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It would seem that this was a good game to have followed on BBC live text

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here