Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well that lived up to all the hype...

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Plenty of effort tonight but woefully lacking in quality. But we didn't lose and put another point on the board.

As long as we continue to do well away from home then all is well.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Game itself was pretty even. First 25/30 they played to their strength and we got sucked in a bit, with Benteke winning headers v Dunk and Zaha running into it. Once we worked passing Benteke on to Propper who in all fairness won as many battles in the air as anyone there threat was basically nullified. They didn’t seem to have much other ideas. Last hour we were the better side created a little bit just lacked a little quality in the final 3rd. One off the line always the best effort but with a little bit more precision we could of got the goal we were looking for. Should think palace be happy with a point, think we will be a little upset we didn’t get 3. Only 1 defeat in 7 but we have to get a couple more wins rather than draws on the board. But overall another point closer to safety

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As said, we need to win our home games....did the keeper have anything to save? Aussie kept us in it in the first half.

We looked lacklustre, devoid of ideas and slow slow slow ....palace on the break were fast...shite but fast and we were well off thepace.

For 13 million I expect a winger who runs and " gets it". Too many players tonight were too happy to tip tap around midfield and defence...we play like that against Liverpool and we will get mullered!

Very disappointed with that effort tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought it was 2 identical teams cancelling each other out.

The only difference being the Albion were at home.
On neutral territory that game would have remained goalless until The 4 Horsemen turned up and said 'come on lads, enough already'.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It didn't. Poor support from them (other than bangers & flairs) no songs or famed ultra support & ours was mediocre.

Players played their part - nothing happened to get the crowd involved.

Pretty boring non-event really

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think I might have fallen asleep were it not for the jolly japes of those nice CrYstal Palace ultra chappies.......

...... morons.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It didn't. Poor support from them (other than bangers & flairs) no songs or famed ultra support & ours was mediocre.

Players played their part - nothing happened to get the crowd involved.

Pretty boring non-event really

I must admit, I liked the bangers and smoke bombs, beats the shitty drum and air horn we normal get.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
4 points from our last 4 home games against moderate opposition (or in Evertons case, a team in disarray). 10th s good and all that but I fear in hindsight we might regret some of those results. Let's hope I'm talking bollocks.

I share your concern, we’re drawing games we need to be winning.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think I might have fallen asleep were it not for the jolly japes of those nice CrYstal Palace ultra chappies.......

...... morons.

Yes very lively down the South end, more people Palace baiting, and vice versa, than watching the game. Was there any atmosphere in the North because it sure didn't travel?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Happy with the point �� This was a game nailed on for Zahaha to take a dive and get them their first goal/win away from hone. The fact it didn’t happen was a great relief to me. Palace are in a false position - they have some decent players. They are miles better than Swansea, West Ham or Newcastle, and will probably start to pick up the points now. Other teams will do worse than us against Palace.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Was so frustrated in the North Stand that people weren't singing. Yeah it was great at the start but with 10/20 minutes to go we needed to lift the team and roar them home and instead it was just moans and groans at every little mistake. One bloke a few rows in front of me loudly calling one of our players a prick for making a mistake etc. Not sure what's with the group at the back in front of the big screen, just seem to ignore any chanting from those behind the goal and then start their own thing. It's like people go in the North Stand because they want to experience a good atmosphere rather than make a good atmosphere. Join in for ****s sake. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here