Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Izzy Brown Go Home

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know, it's one something I've really noticed. To the point where I think Dale is showing off or even doing it too much!

My usual reply to that:-

'if even I have noticed it shirley everybody has'

would appear to be a little redundant in this situation.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Eh? Dale Stephens tries a Hollywood ball to him every chance he gets?![/QUOTE

Not to the right area. They do it too near the full back and JI. I am saying it should be over the full backs head towards the corner flag thus meaning the full back has to turn and chase it as opposed to JI who just has to run forward and I think that he would get there first every time. I do not remember seeing that done once yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eh? Dale Stephens tries a Hollywood ball to him every chance he gets?!

He did, with great success in the Stoke game, but against Palace and Liverpool I must have missed them. Maybe I had my head in my hands at the time as we’d previously just passed straight to the opposition again. :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Tuesday was the oddest game of 'cancel each other out' football I have ever seen.
The match ups (sorry about that phrase) across the entire pitch generated nothing, they could be out there now and it would still be 0-0. It is easy for me to chalk that up as one of those games.

I certainly didn't see the Albion's performance v Liverpool as poor, either.
As said before ball retention was off, and a striker is desperately needed (nothing new there) not exactly time to throw the baby out as well.

My only criticism is hypothetical, I'd have liked to see a bit more squad rotation from Stoke through to Liverpool as I think that might have generated a couple more points.

Think you watched different performances to me, as I honestly believed they were desperate...... [emoji2]

That aside though, the squad rotation thing, couldn’t agree more and I thought a few of our players were ‘leggy’ on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did, with great success in the Stoke game, but against Palace and Liverpool I must have missed them. Maybe I had my head in my hands at the time as we’d previously just passed straight to the opposition again. :smile:

That was my view bit it was still not deep enough to allow him a run.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is this always so difficult?

Jose's game isn't running to the byline and slinging in a cross.
He needs the ball played to feet so he can run at the defender and either cut inside or get fouled.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is this always so difficult?

Jose's game isn't running to the byline and slinging in a cross.
He needs the ball played to feet so he can run at the defender and either cut inside or get fouled.

I disagree he needs a ball not at his feet but for him and the full bck to chase then he would turn the full back and either cut inside or get fouled while running at speed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I can see how you would have missed it v Liverpool, what with The Hose only playing 20 minutes.
Which let's not forget included the highlight of Jose running with the ball, cutting inside, getting the return pass only to be thwarted by a last gasp tackle on the penalty spot.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But alternatively Icy, are you saying that a 25 minute cameo on Saturday at the start of the second half, should be enough to say he’s a ‘world beater’?

I was underwhelmed when we got him on loan, and after 45 mins Saturday still wondered why he was blocking the progress of Tilley or why March/Izquierdo wasn’t playing.

However, he was brilliant at the start of the second half, so hopefully if he’s given more opportunities he’ll continue to shine.

I remain on the fence.......

Still on fence, but that was a poor effort.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don’t think our style of play suits him...he was clearly better suited to the way Huddersfield play...square pegs, round holes etc...release in Jan back to Chekski?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think our style of play suits him...he was clearly better suited to the way Huddersfield play...square pegs, round holes etc...release in Jan back to Chekski?

I think that’s fair, but also is probably better centrally.

As above, I remain on the fence, but that aside, a loan player unless making an impact, effectively blocks the progress of your own full-time players and youngsters.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree that he is probably best played in the centre but instead of whom? The obvious answer is that he is niot Premier quality and Chelsea know that hence he is loan to us, so send him home in January. He is young but we do not have the time to allow him to develop he has to do it quickly or go back home.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He wasn't alone in being terrible yesterday but boy, was he dreadful. He was, at times, like a 12th man for Huddersfield. His comments after the game suggest that their supporters felt the same. After we've just been played off the park, the last thing I want to read is their former loanee having a post coital cigarette with them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
He wasn't alone in being terrible yesterday but boy, was he dreadful. He was, at times, like a 12th man for Huddersfield. His comments after the game suggest that their supporters felt the same. After we've just been played off the park, the last thing I want to read is their former loanee having a post coital cigarette with them.

Was it the comment that he thought Hudds was able to keep their erection through the whole match? Sometimes running with an erection can be difficult but it seems many sides are fooking BHA pretty hard these days while keeping up the pace of play.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sometimes loans work well, Bridge.

Sometimes they don't. Best, Paynter, Bent, Lita

I fear that Brown falls into the latter. Would love to be proved wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sometimes loans work well, Bridge.

Sometimes they don't. Best, Paynter, Bent, Lita

I fear that Brown falls into the latter. Would love to be proved wrong.

It would be interesting to list all of our loanees at The Amex to debate who was a success and who wasnt. I would think that not a success will win the debate, which is worrying for our recruitment team and the upcoming window..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here