Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Izzy Brown Go Home

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You’d think Brown must have earned a starting place for next week, especially with it being at Huddersfield. Play the same starting eleven and give them a chance to make amends, or ring the changes?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought he hda poor 1st half but much improved 2nd. I thought that Gross had his worst game for us and would consider Kayal for Propper at Huddesfield and Propper for Gross.

I would have said the same for Propper, wanted way too much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
After a slow start Brown was one of our best players yesterday. It made absolutely no sense to take him off. It should have been Gross off with Brown then moving inside leaving Jose to play on the left. That’s the way I’d start next week. Huddersfield is a now a big game. They will be really up for it. The question is, will we?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You’d think Brown must have earned a starting place for next week, especially with it being at Huddersfield. Play the same starting eleven and give them a chance to make amends, or ring the changes?

Schlotto is starting to push Bruno now, which is good, but think Bruno will start if he trains well all week. Brown has to start, even reviewing highlights all our chances involved him. He does leave Bong a bit more exposed but offers us so much going forward.

Gross is probably CH's most tactical player in terms of what CH instructs from him. Can't see him being dropped just yet because he gives us so much in an even game. Knocky is the head scratcher at the moment, feeling that he is due a match winning game though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought Brown was our worst player in the first half. So many times he let his man go when we were tracking back. Bong had a go at him a number of times. I’d have taken him off at half time.

2nd half he looked really good, and it seemed odd to take him off then.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Brown was our best player attacking wise in first half as well and certainly our man of the match. The only reason for taking him off surely was that it is a long time since he played 90 minutes. I think he will start at Huddersfield.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought Brown was our worst player in the first half. So many times he let his man go when we were tracking back. Bong had a go at him a number of times. I’d have taken him off at half time.

2nd half he looked really good, and it seemed odd to take him off then.

i agree with this, I thought he was poor at times first half, especially on the defensive side. I saw Bong having words with him too, he actually looked lost at times and I didnt like his lack of tracking back. BUT second half he seemed to alot better.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Funny old game i thought apart from winning a few headers and sending over 2 quality crosses he was awful , no tracking back whatsoever in any half , and against a team who were breaking at will and spraying it wide his token jog back routine after the event really got my goat , shame because he obviously has quality but not worth a **** if he is not going to help out in defence .

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
His effort in previous games has left a lot to be desired.
Like others have said Brown had one of his best games for us yesterday. However, starting him over Solly or Izquierdo wasn't necessarily an effective choice by CH.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Gross was playing as part of a 3 man midfield in a more restrained role for most of the game yesterday, he wasn't playing his normal no 10 role, which is why he didn't shine.

I was impressed by Brown in the first half (as well as the second half), he was winning a lot of ball with his head, and knocking on for Murray.

Brown is good if the ball is passed to feet, which we were doing yesterday. He's not so great at his movement in short passing when it doesn't come straight to him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was mediocre in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd, Ben and his dad thought and argued with me that he was by far our MOM but I went for Stephens. I thought the best player on the field until Liverpool scored their 3rd goal was Henderson, as everything went through him for Liverpool then Coutinho took over for the remainder of the game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought that he was mediocre in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd, Ben and his dad thought and argued with me that he was by far our MOM but I went for Stephens. I thought the best player on the field until Liverpool scored their 3rd goal was Henderson, as everything went through him for Liverpool then Coutinho took over for the remainder of the game.

Oh well thats the debate over then

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
My sense is that despite undoubted skill, he is far too casual for any CH system. For that very defined requirement in that position, the pecking order would actually go SM,JI,JM,JS, IB.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Thought Brown was good, stood out to me anyway. We parked a very odd bus and got our arses handed to us on the break.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I actually more or less agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here