Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Izzy Brown Go Home

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unfortunate with his injury as at the time was a starter. He has then missed the games where the team has jelled and it is difficult to force your way in.
In terms of last night my view is that it was a difficult game to get into when coming on as a sub.
As for looking disinterested juzt cast your mind back to Withdean when people used to get on Murrays back because he wasn't running around like a headless chicken showing real effort and interest.
The time to fully judge him is when he has started a few consecutive games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe he needs more than 10 minutes a game to settle in?

He does and it is difficult to pass judgment in terms of performances for us.

However, I don’t rate him anyway (prior to this season), and felt it was a wasted loan.

Still hoping to be proved wrong if he gets a proper chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He looked a decent enough player for Huddersfield, i was pleased when we got him. Give him a few games with much more than just a few minutes and then we can judge.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He is a great player representing the Albion, give him some support and encouragement and Chris will get the best out of him. He has worked hard to get to this point of his carear.

I look forward to him scoring.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
To be fair to Brown, he won a decent number of balls in the air when he came on, which is more than could be said for Murray/Gross in the rest of the game. (Not trying to knock either of them you understand)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll come good for us, must be difficult just getting 5 to 10 minutes each match.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's hard for a player to affect games I the short cameo 5 or 10 minutes here and there, so you can't write the lad off. This is a squad game/season and I for one think almost all of the squad might have a part to play should injuries and suspensions start to kick in later in the season

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like him, just needs pitch time. Ridiculous thread.

Ridiculous to criticise him for sure, but not ridiculous to question why he's here if all we are going to get are futile 10 minute cameos. I don't see how it is benefiting the Albion or Chelsea. :shrug:

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
You cant criticise a young lad who has been injured for a portion of the season and has had hardly any game time give him a chance, if he has a run of games (which doesnt look likely at the mo) then judge him

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I suppose the trouble is how and when is he going to get the chance to get some time under his belt?

He's not going to oust Gross
Should he be considered ahead of a returning Baldock? Not for me. Sam is on a 3 yr contract (if I remember correctly) with an outstanding record on affecting our performance.
Would anyone consider him as being ahead of the three main wingers?

Injuries may be the only option for him getting a run in the team.
I suspect that reality might have a negative impact on him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ridiculous to criticise him for sure, but not ridiculous to question why he's here if all we are going to get are futile 10 minute cameos. I don't see how it is benefiting the Albion or Chelsea. :shrug:

I'd argue we've been fairly lucky with injuries overall and that's why it's not happened. I remember feeling the same about Goldson when he first came and suddenly there was a long term injury and he played every game. Baldock is a funny one as probably doesn't fit in our formation at present, unless we revert to a 442 for the odd game.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

An injury to Gross and you would see why he is here.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Let's see what the team is in the next few weeks. Looked jaded and predictable most of the time last night. The rest of the squad will become important at some point.. Brown included.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
At the very least I’d give him more than the odd 10 minutes.

Gross was below par last night and bringing Brown on for 20/30 minutes would have been a good idea, I think.

Might also consider bringing him as sub for Murray too when he tires to shake up the formation?

We’ve got great pace on the wings but Murray and Hemed can’t really keep up with them. Izzy might?!

I’m not saying he could displace either as a starter at the moment but I don’t see that we’ll ever see his potential if we don’t play him more....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here