Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is tonight’s game the one you most want us to win of all this season’s matches?

Is this the game you most want us to win this season?

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Just another game, just another three points. With all this hype and hatred we're severely in danger of moving into the clacker zone, please try to play it down, they need us to play differently, to play a way we're not use to, to go in where we don't need to picking up silly bookings. This is just another game of football and the main reason we need to win is that it's against one of the sides that'll be in the relegation area (i.e. bottom 6-8 sides) where we may be come Apr.

Brighton v Palace and you want us to "play it down"? Get a grip fella. "Another game of football"? ROFL How little you understand the history of our club.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Brighton v Palace and you want us to "play it down"? Get a grip fella. "Another game of football"? ROFL How little you understand the history of our club.

How little I understand ........ where do I start? Shall I go back to the 70s, stood in the North Stand? Should we discuss the wilderness years, the ten year season ticket at Withdean, forty note fund, marches, letters, or my support now? Don't understand, you have no idea who I am or what I've experienced, suffice to say I know enough to know that our beloved club, fan base and team can get a little carried away with this derby and hype the life out of it and our team to all end in disappointment, but hey what do I know?

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Nonsense - manufactured rivalry to bolster the male egos of the cerebrally challenged - what a load of c**k. Saying that I don't like them but id rather beat Chelsea or the Arse than Palace if i had a choice

your a numpty go support someone else

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Im already having a bad day as there is a chance we will loose. I am going to the match tonight before have a week off work including a weekend in London shopping and staying in a lovely hotel without Casper Junior and all that will be RUINED if we loose. I will be forced to sulk and get told I am childish by my wife. To say this is just another game defies all that we love about this silly game. Without moments like this the whole concept of soccerball is just a pastime, something to do instead of watching celebrity jungle. I dont hate any palace supporters (some are very nice and a lot of the others are quite similar to us) but I hate the concept of palace. I enjoy hating palace, it adds the needed friction to tonight when otherwise it may just be a cold night.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A. Get the **** out. Are you even a Brighton fan? I feel sorry for folks like you, who don't properly get it. You clearly don't understand the genuinely PAIN and sense of loss, of a derby defeat - and not feeling those deepest of lows, in turn means you can't equally feel the utter joy of a win. You'll think you do, but you just don't.

B. Even ignoring the rivalry, if that were possible, a win against the team bottom of the league is plain statistically more important to us than a win against one of the big clubs. Denying Palace any points would be very useful.
This

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Umm no..the match that confirms we stay in the PL for me :shrug:

You may have absolutely what game that is, especially if we avoid a relegation battle :smile:

It could be a game that doesn’t even involve us that decides our fate. How shit to take that as your most wanted win game would that be, well it would for me anyway.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For all those that are giving the required answer, what about doing the double over Palace and being relegated, against losing both games but staying up.

Yes I know in an ideal world, we win both, and by winning at Selhurst in April we send them down.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You may have absolutely what game that is, especially if we avoid a relegation battle :smile:

It could be a game that doesn’t even involve us that decides our fate. How shit to take that as your most wanted win game would that be, well it would for me anyway.

Well I was assuming a lot ..as it could also be a draw :)

I do seem to be in a slight minority :whistle:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
For all those that are giving the required answer, what about doing the double over Palace and being relegated, against losing both games but staying up.

Yes I know in an ideal world, we win both, and by winning at Selhurst in April we send them down.

I always hate this question. If you asked a united fan if they'd rather be relegated or lose twice to city, I think you will probably get most saying the latter. Doesn't take anything away from the rivalry.

The question here is what is the ONE game above all others that I want to win this season, and the answer is an absolute no brainer and I'm glad 91% think the same.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Rivalries are one of the biggest elements of being a football fan. I'm not going to criticise any Brighton fan who says that it isn't the biggest game of the season for them but I will say that I think they're missing out big time by not getting into the spirit of the Brighton v Palace rivalry. You don't have to fight them, graffiti their town or declare complete and utter contempt for every Palace fan to join in with this never-ending pantomime.

They feel the same way about us, it's a fantastic rivalry and the fact that the rest of the football world doesn't understand makes it even more special.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Trepidations. I was more confident of getting a win at Old Trafford than this one.

Rheo

Aug 9, 2017
Windsor, Ontario
As a newer fan, who had little clue as to how huge this is before the last couple of months, the more reading on the history of this I've done the more pumped I get. Time off work and a front row seat at the bar for it. Now just need another fan in town lol

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I went other on the basis of a potential game, namely the one we win to keep us up (whichever that may be, if it comes).

In terms of the actual games on paper, yes.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The three points are important. But as I only know one CP fan and see him only 5 times a year I've no one to gloat at.
Would be good to get the three at theirs knowing it could put them out of their misery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here