Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] A bloody rat has got in!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My neighbours got pest control out & they ate poison & died (under the floor boards) leaving it to stink for 2 to 3 weeks

What the pest control people?
Serious breach of HASAW !!!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My neighbours got pest control out & they ate poison & died (under the floor boards) leaving it to stink for 2 to 3 weeks

The pest control ate poison and you left the poor man or woman to fester under your floorboards very Royston Vasey

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
November is one of the most common months for rats to start trying to move in, in our experience, as the cold nights start to really bite. (We've also had squirrels and foxes as guests but that's another story.)

It's a good time of year to double check for rodent entry points all around your home, and not just at ground level. We find that scrunched up chicken wire does the job as even though a really determined rat could chew through it, the pain, time and aggravation involved makes it a very unattractive option.

We find that we never quite win the war with rats, as they are extremely tenacious an adaptable animals, but understanding how they live and move around a little bit helps us to stay ahead of them most of the time.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
November is one of the most common months for rats to start trying to move in, in our experience, as the cold nights start to really bite. (We've also had squirrels and foxes as guests but that's another story.)

It's a good time of year to double check for rodent entry points all around your home, and not just at ground level. We find that scrunched up chicken wire does the job as even though a really determined rat could chew through it, the pain, time and aggravation involved makes it a very unattractive option.

We find that we never quite win the war with rats, as they are extremely tenacious an adaptable animals, but understanding how they live and move around a little bit helps us to stay ahead of them most of the time.

where the fek do you live!?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
One of these buggers was on a bird feeder in our garden a couple of weeks ago.

images.jpg

Then over the weekend, my two dogs (Retrievers) flushed it out from under some garden furniture. Chased it down and stunned it. Which gave me enough time for me to shoot it with an Air Rifle before the dogs tore it shreds or took it inside to "er indoors"
:thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2003
We had a couple of rats earlier in the year. Got the council pest control in (£35) and they were really good. Bloke came round and checked over the house and drains to see where it could have got in and then advise what to block. Caught the rat in our kitchen and disposed of it. Laid down bait and came back for two follow up visits to check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here