Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zaha: On a scale of 1-10 I hate Brighton 11...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With comments like that I cannot see how tonight's game will pass without major controversy. The game could come down to whether the ref buys a Zaha dive or books him for simulation.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was at the game, and it was a terrible tackle by Chris's brother.
But to actually wish a opposition player to end his career before the game ?

I was not suggesting it a reasonable action, you suggested a bit of rough treatment was fair enough in a game like this, I asked, for reasons you understand, how about a leg breaker?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not true, local players, which Zaha is, come out with fan like comments. I seem to remember Ian Chapman being pretty disparaging about Palace back in the day. Of course most of our players won’t feel like fans for this game but I imagine Dunk and Solly might.

I like players feeling the rivalry personally, after all it IS just an entertainment pantomime in the grand scheme of things.

Dead right with Chapman.

Shortly after Stumpy Tim gave him his autograph in a West Street nightclub after the first REMF game, you could see how disappointed IC was to hear of us losing to Palace, even in a charity fans game.

He told the story of being asked into the manager's office as a player and being told that an offer had been made for him.

In a time before big money TV deals and the increased importance of signing on bonuses in short careers, Chapman was obviously interested and asked who the club was.

"Ian, it's Crystal Palace."

"F*** off."

He then walked out of the office.

Some things in life are never worth selling out for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here