Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zaha: On a scale of 1-10 I hate Brighton 11...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So he hates Dunk, or Brighton? Did Dunk say anything about Palace?

Don't worry, Wilf gets it.
After the play off game, he was well aware of the feelings of the Brighton fans.
At the end of the day, it's all pantomime. If Dunk or Duffy play up to the crowd and try to clatter him, so be it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Palace will love him saying that, but I'd be a bit disappointed to hear any Brighton player say that of Palace. I want them focused on the job and not caught up in emotion. I want them to know it's extra important to us fans, but I don't want it to change their professionalism. Leave the rivalry to the supporters IMO,

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
TBF I'd say the usual under/over on his dives per match would be about 4.5 but reckon today it could easily reach double figures.

Sadly since he doesn't often get booked for them, it only takes 1 conning the ref to change a game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Come on let's be honest here, if one of our players said that he hates Palace during an interview, we would absolutely love it wouldn't we? Just as l'm sure their fans loved Zahaha for saying it.

To be honest the only thing that counts as far as l am concerned, is getting all three points tonight.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It's probably in response to the video of Dunk dribbling beer down his chin when asked about Zaha.
You hate him, he hates you.
What's the big deal ?

I think the whole 'hate' thing is a bit like the boxers squaring off at weigh in. It adds to the build up and gets people fired up. I don't hate Palace players or fans (they are just people who happen to be associated with another club that isn't mine, and I know a few who are all decent). But there's no love lost tonight!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
After the play off game, he was well aware of the feelings of the Brighton fans.
At the end of the day, it's all pantomime. If Wilf decides to go down in the Brighton penalty box with the finesse and accuracy of a Kamikaze pilot, so be it.

Fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on let's be honest here, if one of our players said that he hates Palace during an interview, we would absolutely love it wouldn't we? Just as l'm sure their fans loved Zahaha for saying it.

To be honest the only thing that counts as far as l am concerned, is getting all three points tonight.

Actually, I'd probably just roll my eyes at the faux-hatred. Its playing to the gallery, nothing more. Players aren't fans, they're just passing through. Its a job for them. Leave the "hating" to the fans and crack on, we know they don't feel it like we do.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's probably in response to the video of Dunk dribbling beer down his chin when asked about Zaha.
You hate him, he hates you.
What's the big deal ?

OI! Postcode boy. You grassed up the scum that painted over our captain's mural? Bunch of classless morons. But then you did burn down your own town.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Actually, I'd probably just roll my eyes at the faux-hatred. Its playing to the gallery, nothing more. Players aren't fans, they're just passing through. Its a job for them. Leave the "hating" to the fans and crack on, we know they don't feel it like we do.

Absolutely.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Northstand tonight... :clap:

p-20150913-00395_news.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Zaha clearly “gets” the rivalry, I have absolutely no problem with that. Some of you are WAY too precious :rolleyes:

Unfortunately he also has the ability to make a difference tonight. I for one am worried by him, **** or no ****.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
At the end of the day, it's all pantomime. If Dunk or Duffy play up to the crowd and try to clatter him, so be it.

What about ending his career with a leg breaking tackle?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Not true, local players, which Zaha is, come out with fan like comments. I seem to remember Ian Chapman being pretty disparaging about Palace back in the day. Of course most of our players won’t feel like fans for this game but I imagine Dunk and Solly might.

I like players feeling the rivalry personally, after all it IS just an entertainment pantomime in the grand scheme of things.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

As Palace are the Rectum of the Football League, any player "just passing through" is surely turd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here