PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 28th November 2017
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Simon Beck
Fourth official: Mike Jones

TEAM NEWS

Brighton manager Chris Hughton changed his starting line-up for the first time in five games on Saturday and he must decide whether to stick with Solly March or recall winger Jose Izquierdo.

Beram Kayal was an unused substitute at Old Trafford on his return from a broken leg sustained in pre-season.

Crystal Palace have no new injury concerns, with Christian Benteke among those likely to benefit if manager Roy Hodgson opts to freshen up the side.

Chung-yong Lee remains out.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Tony Husband: "The Premier League's expanding global audience may be surprised to learn that this is a derby fixture, but events - as much as geography - have often put these two clubs at loggerheads.

"Palace arrive at the Amex, scene of a dramatic play-off win four years ago, already in Premier League survival mode.

"The hosts have built a good start on solid home foundations. The goals of Glenn Murray have proved crucial for Chris Hughton's side too.

"Given his history with both clubs, you wouldn't bet against him being the key man again. It should be a raucous night on the south coast."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "We'll certainly go into the game in good spirits, because we will have gained a lot [from the performance against Manchester United].

"We are up against a Palace side on the back of a last-minute winner [against Stoke] and there's nothing that lifts you as a team as much as that.

"And it will be a different type of game. The onus was on Manchester United to win it, we are at home on Tuesday and the onus turns around."

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson: "Every club has its classic derbies, but this is regarded as the most important for Palace fans.

"We've got to be prepared we leave nothing on the pitch at the end of the game. That doesn't change from one game to the next.

"Winning away from home would be good, we haven't even taken a point away from home.

"That doesn't concern me as such because we aren't playing and working now as we were at the start of the season - we've improved."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's only win over Palace in their last seven matches in all competitions was 3-0 in the Championship in 2012-13.
    [*=left]The two clubs last met in a Championship play-off semi-final in May 2013, when Palace won 2-0 at the Amex Stadium.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in five games at home since losing their season opener against Manchester City (W2, D3).
    [*=left]They could match the club top-flight record of four consecutive home draws, set from February to March 1980 and equalled from October to November 1981.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have failed to score in the first half in four of their six home games.
    [*=left]Brighton striker Glenn Murray played for Palace in five of the last six meetings between the clubs, missing the most recent encounter because of injury.

Palace

• [*=left]Palace have lost all six away league games this season, failing to score in any of them. They have equalled the club record for the longest run of away defeats from the beginning of a top-flight campaign, first set in 1980-81.
    [*=left]They have lost eight successive Premier League away fixtures without scoring since winning at Anfield in April.
    [*=left]The Eagles could eclipse their own club record by going nine consecutive away matches without a goal. It would also equal the Premier League record, set by West Ham from September 2006 to January 2007.
    [*=left]Crystal Palace are the only club not to have kept a Premier League clean sheet this campaign.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
D day

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Brilliant summary. I wish it was half an hour to kick off rather than 12 and a half hours!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All those records they could break tonight doesn't bode well. It's going to be a gut wrenching night.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Chris Hughton Full Pre-Match Press Conference

Roy Hodgson Full Pre-Match Press Conference

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Forget their current form.For Palace this will be like a cup final so I am expecting them to really give it a go.It won't be a pushover.On the other hand I expect us to also up our level a few notches.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm going to be playing bitter Palace fans bingo from about 10pm tonight.

"Our 2,000 made far more noise than the Brighton home crowd, who were incredibly quiet all night etc etc"

"They had clearly targeted Zaha in their planning and knew the only way to stop him was to kick him up in the air all night, can't believe we didn't get seven penalties"

"The Amex is a soulless bowl, give me Selhurst any day"

"It took ages to get home, why did they build a stadium so far from the city centre"

"We saw some Brighton fans coming towards us but they turned the other way and ran when they realised how hard we were"

Etc etc. Any more I should add to the list?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm going to be playing bitter Palace fans bingo from about 10pm tonight.

"Our 2,000 made far more noise than the Brighton home crowd, who were incredibly quiet all night etc etc"

"They had clearly targeted Zaha in their planning and knew the only way to stop him was to kick him up in the air all night, can't believe we didn't get seven penalties"

"The Amex is a soulless bowl, give me Selhurst any day"

"It took ages to get home, why did they build a stadium so far from the city centre"

"We saw some Brighton fans coming towards us but they turned the other way and ran when they realised how hard we were"

Etc etc. Any more I should add to the list?

"Pies were crap"

"That Harvey's is pisswater"

"Kiosk queues were awful"

"Can't believe how many fans left with 10 mins to go"

Oh, hang on, that's us.........................

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
"My sister didn't earn a penny,so we're thumbing it home"

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm leaving work early, getting the train down before the scum. Massive game, Bruno to score the opening goal, Murray to get 2, Izquierdo, AK and Propper 1 each. Absolute scenes, CH won't be able to contain himself and a mini pitch invasion after the game by the board. :drink:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
So so nervous. Please Albion. ****ing destroy them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here