Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Dermot Drummy

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
All at Crawley will be stunned by this.
A really decent bloke, a bloody good coach who deserved better at CTFC.
One of life's true gents who will be sorely missed.
I personally hoped he would be invited back.
Terrible news.
RIP Dermot

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So sad

People, like you and me, trying the best they can, giving their all... going to work, trying their hardest, whilst 3000 people scream about how utterly shite they are... then at the end of the day the boss sacks them, all to appease the too quick to judge multitude.

Then they go home, with a pay out yes, but with shattered dreams... things must be really, really hard and frankly sad.

Football isn't all playboys, sky TV, cars with jelly suspension, Pep, dry ice and millionaires is it?

RIP

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Can't believe it. The poor guy. He did an ok job at Crawley and when you look at the state of Barnet FC at the moment, I'm sure if they'd employed him at the beginning of the season they'd be nowhere near the bottom of the table.

Very tragic. RIP Dermot and thoughts with everyone at Crawley Town FC. :(

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He did seem depressed, in hindsight. Same kind of resigned thing you see with Coppell, Tyson Fury, Martin Ling, Martin Allen, Aspinall, maybe Kell Brook at the moment. It's gutting. Life is bloody difficult but it must be even harder when you're in these high-pressure situations and responsible for 25 athletes and keeping a club in the league

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He did seem depressed, in hindsight. Same kind of resigned thing you see with Coppell, Tyson Fury, Martin Ling, Martin Allen, Aspinall, maybe Kell Brook at the moment. It's gutting. Life is bloody difficult but it must be even harder when you're in these high-pressure situations and responsible for 25 athletes and keeping a club in the league

Unfortunately depression is rife amongst the footballing fraternity. It is slowly now being accepted as needing help, but the pervading opinion amonst many, is that depression is something well paid, professionals should never feel.
After all, how can you be depressed earning so much money?

I know of at least five of our former youngsters who have had problems with stress and depression in one form or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here