Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Sam set for The Toffees.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This could work out well.

Please be in time for west ham game, as west ham have man city, Chelsea, arsenal straight after that.

This.

Our best bet is Swansea,West Ham and Udders to go down.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It was inevitable that Big Sam would be coming to the rescue of one of the relegation candidates and as Everton were, IMHO, the least likely to go down anyway, the fact that he may end up there is fine by me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that their back four against us looked comfortable and efficient and with Pickford behind them shouldnt be conceding goals The player they are missing is Barkley

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I thought that their back four against us looked comfortable and efficient and with Pickford behind them shouldnt be conceding goals The player they are missing is Barkley
That's a good point, is he frozen out or injured?

In my mind he's been a bit of a ****, probably agent inspired, but they need him.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are they "too good to go down" then ? They've been a SHAMBLES this season. If you saw them at Southampton yesterday then you'd know that they're certainly not down there by accident.
I know they're not there by accident, but I also expect them to get in a manger who will turn things around and who will have plenty of resources available. They're not guaranteed to stay up, but from our point of view I just want the teams (not inc. us) most likely to get relegated to do badly. For me, that doesn't include Everton, and them taking points off of rivals is a good thing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Doubt they will spend any more, they've already blown a hell of a lot of money and spending any more could blow their budget for years.
Getting relegated would **** their budget even more.

Take their striking options- Niasse (who was deemed not good enough and was loaned out to Hull 1 year ago, was almost loaned out again this season)
Deemed not good enough by a manger who has been sacked, and he was wanted by us and Palace, so not that bad then.

Rooney who doesn't really even play as a striker anymore.
Still good enough to help a team stay up though.

genuinely believe they could have gone down if they stayed with Unsworth for much longer
But if he didn't get results they wouldn't have stayed with him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this a certainty? Allardyce is a proud man, and it must be painfully obvious to him that they've tried for a number of others before asking him.

I wonder if he might not fancy being their fourth or fifth choice.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Wasn't it only a few weeks ago that he told a begging Steve Parish he wasn't ready to come back to football?

Im sure the already agreed compensation Palace will consequently receive will ensure he doesn’t actually lose any sleep over Allardyce’s possible appointment at the Hawthorns.

Good luck to Allardyce, he eventually did a superb job for us.

Admittedly it’s not in the same ballpark as the £5m windfall he got from Pulis, but every little million helps in the greed league.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Is this a certainty? Allardyce is a proud man, and it must be painfully obvious to him that they've tried for a number of others before asking him.

He's played the situation well. He was one of the main contenders a few weeks back, but Big Sam 'publically withdrew' as Everton hadn't made him an offer. No doubt he can now swan in, head high after having negotiated a very good wage and bonus package for keeping them up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm fairly sure his greed will enable him to put his ego aside, there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here